Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Manager 2018

Comments

• So, then.

If you fancy yourself at Football Manager, the company I work for are putting on a Football Manager competition to be played at the UK's biggest gaming festival Insomnia62. This takes place in Birmingham at the end of March.

There is a prize pool of £25,000 and to be the assistant manager of Norwich City Legends against Inter Milan legends on the 20th May. Stars on show could include Zanetti, Materazzi, Figo and Crespo.

Register your interest on the link below and we will select 64 players to battle it out:

http://fmwec.com/

Hmmm not sure ill fit, in the play offs at the moment with Charlton due losing stupid games but starting to find some solid form!

Lys Mousset is immense for me though with 15 league goals in 16 games.
  • So, then.

If you fancy yourself at Football Manager, the company I work for are putting on a Football Manager competition to be played at the UK's biggest gaming festival Insomnia62. This takes place in Birmingham at the end of March.

There is a prize pool of £25,000 and to be the assistant manager of Norwich City Legends against Inter Milan legends on the 20th May. Stars on show could include Zanetti, Materazzi, Figo and Crespo.

Register your interest on the link below and we will select 64 players to battle it out:

Hmmm not sure ill fit, in the play offs at the moment with Charlton due losing stupid games but starting to find some solid form!

Signed him for another season in the championship and still doing the business. Managed to keep all the loan signings on for the next season. Got lenihan from hull as a back up for solly and dasilva as he can play left and right. Got afobe from mk Dons as well as idris Kanu from Peterborough and Tyler Blackett from reading.

• So, then.

Signed him for another season in the championship and still doing the business. Managed to keep all the loan signings on for the next season. Got lenihan from hull as a back up for solly and dasilva as he can play left and right. Got afobe from mk Dons as well as idris Kanu from Peterborough and Tyler Blackett from reading.

Those 3 are decent!
  • So, then.

Those 3 are decent!
    Yeah idris Kanu looks quality but all my scouts and coaches are saying he’s 2 star potential, he’s as good as most 22 year olds at 18 and (in my save) has a perfectionist personality ffs. The guys destined to at least be a great championship striker.
  • So, then.

Those 3 are decent!
    Yeah idris Kanu looks quality but all my scouts and coaches are saying he’s 2 star potential, he’s as good as most 22 year olds at 18 and (in my save) has a perfectionist personality ffs. The guys destined to at least be a great championship striker.
    You made many changes to backroom staff etc? also did you keep Kashi?
  • So, then.

Those 3 are decent!
    You made many changes to backroom staff etc? also did you keep Kashi?
    Signed some more coaches after promotion, kashi signed a pre contract in January with a French club so I left him in the u23s and signed Derik osede from Bolton as a replacement.
  • edited February 2018
    Ladies and gentlemen....I’ve found a worse owner than Roland!

Alan Bowkett bought the club from Roland whilst we were still in League One and didnt give me any money for January. Not to worry I thought. We won the league at a canter, and I was given £3m for the summer. Once wage increases had been factored in it was more like £2m. Not too bad I thought.

Fast forward to January 1st 2019 and my wage budget has been slashed from £191k a week to £157k a week due to the financial crisis we are in. Where the board was once content with my control over wages they’re now disappointed (hang on mate, you cut the wage budget!).

We’re £9m in the red for the first 5 months of this season alone, losing around £800k per month at the moment. We’re also £60m in total debt but £40m of that is the club director loan. I’ve just received an email saying that there is a likelihood we will go into administration.

Brilliant! Don’t buy a club if you haven’t got any money Mr Bowkett!

With that said we’re currently 12th after 24 games, 7 points off the playoffs and 15 points off the relegation places. I was 6th but after a run of 4 draws and 2 defeats we’ve slipped down the league. But there’s only 6 points between 9th and 16th so it’s really tight.

The board are still happy with me and I’ve refused countless job interviews from teams like Norwich, Hull, Wolves and Aston Villa. I think we can make the playoffs. I just can’t afford to lose players to balance the books.
  • Ross said:

Alan Bowkett bought the club from Roland whilst we were still in League One and didnt give me any money for January. Not to worry I thought. We won the league at a canter, and I was given £3m for the summer. Once wage increases had been factored in it was more like £2m. Not too bad I thought.

Fast forward to January 1st 2019 and my wage budget has been slashed from £191k a week to £157k a week due to the financial crisis we are in. Where the board was once content with my control over wages they’re now disappointed (hang on mate, you cut the wage budget!).

We’re £9m in the red for the first 5 months of this season alone, losing around £800k per month at the moment. We’re also £60m in total debt but £40m of that is the club director loan. I’ve just received an email saying that there is a likelihood we will go into administration.

With that said we’re currently 12th after 24 games, 7 points off the playoffs and 15 points off the relegation places. I was 6th but after a run of 4 draws and 2 defeats we’ve slipped down the league. But there’s only 6 points between 9th and 16th so it’s really tight.

The board are still happy with me and I’ve refused countless job interviews from teams like Norwich, Hull, Wolves and Aston Villa. I think we can make the playoffs. I just can’t afford to lose players to balance the books.

I always seem to get this guy take over on my saves. Never sticks any money in and you end up in the same situation.

Have never had a tycoon takeover on FM.
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:

Ross said:

I always seem to get this guy take over on my saves. Never sticks any money in and you end up in the same situation.

Had a couple of Tycoon Takeovers on FM.

One with Reading, where i went on to do a Leicester and won the premier league with a pretty decent team but still not as good as the usual lot so was quite chuffed....then played 10 games won 5 drew 1 lost 4 and they sacked me!!

I had one with Charlton in the championship and was doing really well if memory serves but my laptop died!! Was truly heartbroken haha!!
  • MarcusH26 said:

Ross said:

Have never had it on a club I have managed on fm but in fm 17 barrow got taken over in one of my saves. Interesting watching how the ai handles it and although they got up to league two, they struggled to get into the play offs. They did have some really decent players though.
  • MarcusH26 said:

Ross said:

I can see there being only 3 options for me right now:

1) we get taken over again and I finally get some money
    2) I manage to somehow keep some of my players, have no money to spend and rely on loans/free transfers. We get to the Premier League and the cash injection saves us
    3) we go into administration, get taken over and I either get sacked or we get a 10 point deduction and end up in a relegation battle and I either get sacked or option 2 happens
  • Finished 13th in my first year in the Prem, currently in Jan 2021 and sitting in 5th! I brought Lookman back for £8m and he has been sensational scored 12 goals and 11 assists playing as AML! Have also brought some brilliant signings from the transfer list the latest being Theo Hernandez from Real Madrid for £10m!
  • Signed a guy called Yakovenko on a free, João from Chef Wendy on loan, McTominay from Man United and Kelly on a free too.

Amos
    Solly Konsa Pearce Dasilva
    Kashi McTominay
    Magennis Clarke Yakovenko
    João

Currently 3rd in the table after 10 games, 5 wins 4 draws 1 loss, in the Carabao cup still too
  • sam3110 said:

Signed a guy called Yakovenko on a free, João from Chef Wendy on loan, McTominay from Man United and Kelly on a free too.

Amos
    Solly Konsa Pearce Dasilva
    Kashi McTominay
    Magennis Clarke Yakovenko
    João

Currently 3rd in the table after 10 games, 5 wins 4 draws 1 loss, in the Carabao cup still too

Yeah me too I have just made it too the Semi's got Chelsea though who are killing the league!
  • Going into the last 5 games of the season. It's been a bit indifferent, going 3 or 4 wins in a row followed by 5 games of a mix of draws or defeats, then a few wins again etc. Been sitting around 10th-12th for most of the season. Had a little resurgence of late...3 wins in a row and other teams' results mean I've moved up to 7th and only 3 points off the play offs.

However, the debt is still mounting and I fear that I'm going to get next to no transfer and wage budget for the next season and I'll lose Dodoo, Konsa and Forster-Caskey with no chance for decent replacements. I've already sold Bauer and Reeves in January which has brought the wage budget down, but I'm still over budget slightly. I can't even afford to renew some of my key staff's contracts!
  • jaysus christ, new owners are shit. Slashed my wage bill by 25% after only a few months of taking over. had to use interest from other championship clubs to get them to raise the wage bill to within 10 grand of where it used to be. Just had a game where i finished it with 8 players, had 2 players sent off and an injury in the last 10 mins and lost 6-1.

Looking like im gonna have to sell in jan and get frees/loans in to replace. On the bright side we now have a shiny new training complex and "excellent" youth facilities as well as "excellent" junior coaching so hopefully we'll see the next scott parker come through.
  • Knew it. No transfer budget.

I finished 11th, 4 points off the playoffs. Managed to renegotiate contracts for most of my backroom staff but lost 2 scouts to other clubs.

I've got £14k wage budget to play with, but Konsa is off (£6m release clause met by Everton and Bournemouth), so 15% of transfer revenue in place means I've got circa £900k coming my way plus another £6k off my wage budget.

I've signed Axel Andresson (Reading CB) on loan for the season (I had him on loan from January to cover Bauer being sold), and Craig Forsyth (Derby LB) in on a free. I need another CB really, 2 wingers and a target man. There's some really decent players available for free, but even though I've got £14k per week available the board have restricted me to offering a max of £1.4k a week for key players. Bastards!
  • Sponsored links:

• So, then.

What company do you work for mate?

And how will a fm tournament work?
  • Finished 7th and got into the Europa League!! Maybe if Robinson goes i can throw my hat into the ring against Driesen ;)
  • edited March 2018
    Just started one with Charlton - signed Leon Best who looks a decent signing already and am trying to nab Ronaldo Vieira on loan from Leeds, although it looks like Villa are going to beat me to that one. Kaikai as a left IF looks he could be very useful. Anyone tried Mavididi upfront or should I stick with Magennis?

Sold Sarr and Ajose, sacked Bowyer and Jackson and bought in Curbs as DoF.
  • Scoham said:
    didn't the last person just get the job from you?

Just got successive promotions to the prem. Getting trounced every game as i've still got the likes of holmes, fosu etc in and around my first team squad. Signed Lys mousset on a free after having him on loan for 2 seasons and scoring about 60 odd goals in two seasons for me.
  • edited June 2018
    Bought last night as it was on special offer (£12.92) and completely up to date so we have all 5 loan players in, no Holmes and a transfer budget of £100k.

No Lookman clause as others have said they had but the Gomez clause is quite tasty although you only see about £2m of it in your budget.

Struggling to decide what formation to go with as the squad has a mish-mash of Robbo's 4-2-3-1 and Bowyer's 4-4-2. Thinking a 4-4-2 diamond with attacking full backs but there's absolutely no RB cover for Solly, they don't even rate Konsa or Djiksteel there!

First thing I did was sack Driesen but he soon found himself wanted at Rotherham!
  • This year’s match engine basically breaks when you have 3 up front btw. The ai defence can’t handle it.
  • 2020 on mine, Man City after doing a decent job with Everton.

Had a look at Charlton, Mowbray in charge who lead them to the league 1 title! Also there was a marquee signing...Wayne Rooney!! Who incidentally was shite for the majority of the season but still got a league 1 medal!

• 2020 on mine, Man City after doing a decent job with Everton.

Had a look at Charlton, Mowbray in charge who lead them to the league 1 title! Also there was a marquee signing...Wayne Rooney!! Who incidentally was shite for the majority of the season but still got a league 1 medal!

Definitely seems realistic that a league one club could afford his wages.