Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pitch inspection today at 12.00 **GAME OFF**

and for you non-twitter access people

Charlton Athletic FC

Verified account

@CAFCofficial
8m8 minutes ago
More
⚠️ PITCH INSPECTION ❄️

We have been informed that a pitch inspection will be carried out at the Cherry Red Records Stadium at 12pm on Friday ahead of this weekend's trip to @AFCWimbledon

Comments

• Early inspection. It'll be off
  • Very surprised. Weather forecast says it'll start to get warmer from about 2pm tomorrow and be warmer on Saturday.
    Has the pitch been covered do we know?
  • redman said:

Very surprised. Weather forecast says it'll start to get warmer from about 2pm tomorrow and be warmer on Saturday.

The weather forecast is for more snow tomorrow afternoon/evening

It will barely get above freezing even on Saturday
  • edited March 2018
    redman said:

Very surprised. Weather forecast says it'll start to get warmer from about 2pm tomorrow and be warmer on Saturday.

Think Chelsea ladies look after it or something.
  • waste of time having a pitch inspection at 12 noon tomorrow - its going to snow around 3pm all over the south east & London. Pitch maybe ok but roads & pavements might not be. Just call it off now.
  • No way this game will be on.
  • If the pitch is frozen at 12 tomorrow it'll be frozen 27 hours later.

At last, a sensible decision by a football club with fans in mind.

I don't think this has anything to do with AFCW, I think this is the EFL (read the first line, "we have been informed," as meaning they've been told by the league).
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

If the pitch is frozen at 12 tomorrow it'll be frozen 27 hours later.

I don't think this has anything to do with AFCW, I think this is the EFL (read the first line, "we have been informed," as meaning they've been told by the league).
    That's Charlton saying they've been informed.
  • I’ll be positive, the game will be on.
  • 3 games in League One already postponed - Gills v Rotherham, Bradford v Pompey & Oxford v Fleetwood. Southend have asked their fans to turn up at 8am Saturday morning to help clear the pitch.
  • iamdan said:

I’ll be positive, the game will be on.

that's positive is it?
  • Cray Wanders have announced their game is on for Saturday
  • 3 games in League One already postponed - Gills v Rotherham, Bradford v Pompey & Oxford v Fleetwood. Southend have asked their fans to turn up at 8am Saturday morning to help clear the pitch.

How big is their pitch - 7 hours to clear it seems excessive, perhaps they should use shovels?
  • If it continues to snow for a few more weeks, all our games could be postponed and Mavididi could be back for the entirety of the run in :)
  • I think the pitch inspection is later than when the Larkfield coach sets off.

Shame Wimbledon did not think this through properly.

Is Stuwall on the coach?
  • Sponsored links:

There you go Rosie, go and make yourself useful on Saturday.

You never know you might get to meet the great man.
  • Surrounding areas around the ground and on the steps as well I guess.
  • Hope it’s off. Cousins are sponsoring the game & I am meant to be there for midday.

Nothing wrong with that, but have to get back to The O2 straight after, which is a pain in good weather.
  • TelMc32 said:

Hope it’s off. Cousins are sponsoring the game & I am meant to be there for midday.

Nothing wrong with that, but have to get back to The O2 straight after, which is a pain in good weather.

Sure they would have seen snow before.
  • If the pitch is frozen at 12 tomorrow it'll be frozen 27 hours later.

Possibly because it is a club owned by fans.

• edited March 2018
    I’ve been based in Kingston for work all week and if the game isn’t called off at midday tomorrow, it will definitely be off by Saturday morning. Heavy snow showers expected in the area from about 16:00 tomorrow till midnight. I’ve been given the okay to leave at lunchtime tomorrow.

But...they did manage to get the Blackburn game to go ahead, so here’s hoping.
  • edited March 2018

I’ve been based in Kingston for work all week and if the game isn’t called off at midday tomorrow, it will definitely be off by Saturday morning. Heavy snow showers expected in the area from about 16:00 tomorrow till midnight. I’ve been given the okay to leave at lunchtime tomorrow.

The Blackburn gane was tues night & I don't think SW London had had any snow by then. As you say, London is forecast to get a load tomorrow afternoon & evening. I wouldn't bet against them saying that at 12 noon tomorrow that it was playable & then having to call it off at 11 am on sat.
  • edited March 2018

The Blackburn gane was tues night & I don't think SW London had had any snow by then. As you say, London is forecast to get a load tomorrow afternoon & evening. I wouldn't bet against them saying that at 12 noon tomorrow that it was playable & then having to call it off at 11 am on sat.

There had been snow here but no where near the levels that Kent experienced. Wimbledon groundshare with Chelsea ladies and from what I understand, Chelsea have provided Wimbledon with covers for the pitch. So it won’t be the snow that will be the problem, it will be the freezing weather. On the way back to Kingston station I’ll try find a park or a grass area and give that a good thud to determine if it’s frozen or not lol