Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Love that man.
  • Sign him up!
  • He was a class act before, and more than able to hold a position against the current players.
  • With us struggling to keep centre backs fit, I don't see a downside in us giving him a contract...
  • A rare shining light in the Belgian era.
  • I couldn't see him in the video but was that John Bishop shouting the instructions?
  • Sponsored links:

• Great player in his day and could still do a good job for us - but would depend on wages. Can't see RD agreeing to increase the pay budget. New owners might do a short term deal but would, I imagine, be looking to rebuild with younger players for next season.
  • With us struggling to keep centre backs fit, I don't see a downside in us giving him a contract...

Defensive midfield is more the problem area. If he's fit, you can imagine him coming on for the last 15 minutes to shield the defence
  • We have had bad luck with injuries at CB but do still have 5 of them.

Can't see Diarra pushing past Kashi, Aribo or JFC in CM. Perhaps a better choice than Jacko still though. Would also bring a bit of height if he was to replace someone like JFC late on, meaning KR doesn't have to resort to bringing Lennon on.

Not sure he's worth a punt, he hasn't played for ages and it will probably be April before he's fit enough to play. Not a bad thing having him around the training ground though.

• Just who we need to win the play offs.

(If we ever get there, of course).

Can't see Diarra pushing past Kashi, Aribo or JFC in CM. Perhaps a better choice than Jacko still though. Would also bring a bit of height if he was to replace someone like JFC late on, meaning KR doesn't have to resort to bringing Lennon on.

Not sure he's worth a punt, he hasn't played for ages and it will probably be April before he's fit enough to play. Not a bad thing having him around the training ground though.

but as Robinson so loves a defensive sub late on, bringing him off the bench would be superb

but as Robinson so loves a defensive sub late on, bringing him off the bench would be superb
    that's my point, would prefer to bring Alou on than Lennon.
  • Can't see the issue in him joining the squad as he offers us an alternative and cover.It's not as if we're going to get other opportunities to bring a player in at this stage of the season and if we do have a run of injuries (potentially we still have 17 matches to go).
  • Can we get Pirlo and Gattusso in too from that World Cup final?
  • dizzee said:

Can we get Pirlo and Gattusso in too from that World Cup final?

Those two are 38 and 40 respectively but Kermy is the same age as Diarra and not many of us would say no to him coming back for the rest of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

Old Rino is doing well with Milan so yeah I'd get him in.
  • dizzee said:

Those two are 38 and 40 respectively but Kermy is the same age as Diarra and not many of us would say no to him coming back for the rest of the season.
    Even the mention of Kermorgant makes me sad
  • Can't sign him until a takeover? .

Roly won’t want another wage to pay.

Roly won’t want another wage to pay.
    In his defence, I thought the same in January but we did make signings.
  • dizzee said:

Even at their age, Pirlo and Gattusso would still wipe the floor with league one.
  • There would now seem to be a logic to signing him until the end of the season!
  • dizzee said:

dizzee said:

Even at their age, Pirlo and Gattusso would still wipe the floor with league one.
    one of my all time fave midfield pairings there.
  • dizzee said:

dizzee said:

one of my all time fave midfield pairings there.
    Prefer Parker and Jensen