Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kashi and DaSilva out for the season.

edited February 2018 in General Charlton
According to Dr.Kish

cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201802&date=20180227&time=0006

Typically exactly when we managed to get everyone fit!

Comments

• And confirmed tonight at The Marriott by the gaffer himself, I believe.
  • Well, that's great. Juuuuust great.
  • Happy now @Callumcafc ffs?
  • Kashi is no great loss imo, Da Silva is. Only saving grace is that Page should be able to slot in there, although he is not that good & being out for 18 months means that within a couple of weeks of being over-played he too will be out injured again.

I wonder (no, sadly I don't) that it could force KR's hand and ditch his beloved 4-2-3-1 formation & play the very obvious & much maligned 4-4-2 with Zyro up top with Big Josh.
  • Very bad news if true. Nothing i have seen of Lewis Page suggests he will be good enough, Sarr at LB?
  • Season over.
  • Well, that is a blow.
  • edited February 2018
    Season was over long before we lost either of these. Both good players but neither a huge loss given our recent form. Can 21 points from 18 games get much worse?

Stick Sarr at left back and Aribo/Dijksteel in the holding role alongside JFC until the end of the season. See how far it takes us.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018

Season was over long before we lost either of these. Both good players but neither a huge loss given our recent form. Can 21 points from 18 games get much worse?

Stick Sarr at left back and Aribo/Dijksteel in the holding role alongside JFC until the end of the season. See how far it takes us.

Two points outside the playoffs with games in hand = season over.

Give me strength.

Via the post match Shrews thread, given we need a huge improvement on current form to challenge for the top six...

JamesSeed said:

Players' size and athleticism is part of what makes them effective on the pitch. I think some here are over emphasising the technical ability of a few of our players when comparing our squads. Yes, we may have some gifted players, but Shrewsbury's players are generally stronger and possibly more experienced than ours. And it showed yesterday. I'd agree that they looked better organised than us, and that's down to the way they set up, but they also made far fewer individual mistakes than we did, and hung on to the ball better than we did.

It's not just down to Robinson, it's down to the disfunctionality of the club under Duchatelêt. If new owners come in with a plan I'd be happy enough for Robinson to get a chance with some real investment behind him (remember how little he's had to spend on players), but if they wanted to bring in someone better, then who would argue against that.

We really need Mavididi back, Kaikai doesn't look like a Premier League or Championship player, Fosu needs to start, and we still really lack an athletic midfield general type player. You don't have a top three squad if you don't have one of those imho.

Also, why the hell wasn't Bauer playing?

Agree with the first para’ entirely. What yesterday illustrated is that we haven’t got the balance between physicality and skilful players right. As soon as Shrewsbury walked on the pitch you knew they would score from a set piece. You can’t play Dasilva, Solly, Kaikai and Marshall in the same side and expect to compete physically and as we draw to the end of the season it’s clear that we can’t make up for it with our flair players. We haven’t looked in control of a game like they did yesterday all season. We need to start playing players who may not be technically as good but do have the physicality and not play more than 2 of the shorter players at any one time. Robinson has been in this division long enough to know it’s a physical league.
    You can't compete with teams like Shrewsbury - you can with others
    Unfortunately, that’s not good enough. After 33 games, you can look down the fixture list and current table and you’ll only find three games in which Charlton have notably outperformed the predictable result - Rotherham, Bradford and Wigan away, and Bradford’s collapse has undermined even that one.

Other than Rotherham and Bradford I make it you have to go down to Bristol Rovers in 12th to find a team we’ve beaten. That’s a measure of where we are and it’s nowhere near good enough for a club with Charlton’s resources and current playing squad.

Eight of the last 13 games are against teams in the top half. Where is the improvement coming from?
  • edited February 2018
    Yes we could make it, we're certainly in a decent enough position to finish sixth if we put a run of form together...

How likely is that decent run of form even with Kashi and JDS in the side - given that we took 21 points from our last 18 games?

About 1 or 2%.
  • Should mean a switch to a height based line up with a back four of konsa Bauer Pearce and Sarr. Aribo for kashi and Zyro for Marshall.
    Should at least help us not get bullied for the rest of the season
  • Season was over long before we lost either of these. Both good players but neither a huge loss given our recent form. Can 21 points from 18 games get much worse?

Yes we could make it, we're certainly in a decent enough position to finish sixth if we put a run of form together...

How likely is that decent run of form even with Kashi and JDS in the side - given that we took 21 points from our last 18 games?

About 1 or 2%.

An impressive turnaround in our fortunes.
  • Yes heard this from a reliable source in the gents at the Marriott hotel yesterday. Lol.

I can’t imagine Page will be ready so it has to be Sarr, if he’s ready.

How does the Diarra song go?
  • Dizzle said:

Get Diarra signed up ASAP

Think he would do a better job than Kashi if fit, and there lays the problem, how fit is he?
  • Whats wrong with Kashi?
  • Whats wrong with Kashi?

The weather isnt hitcenough so he is back in Dubai
  • Sponsored links:

• Solly - - Pearce - - Bauer - - Page
    ----------Diarra - Aribo
    Kaikai - - - - - - - - - - - - Fosu
    ------------Mag - Ajose
  • Is Page fit?
  • edited February 2018
    I wouldn't mind knowing what's happened to Kashi, he may not be good enough at times but he never stops working and breaks up a lot of attacks.

*edit*
    Borrowing an iPhone a small my android broke the predictive on here is so ship.

Shit
  • Oh well - that's it!
  • Unfortunately probably means we have seen the last of Dasilva and Kashi if true - unless we can get promoted.Has to be Sarr at LB for me and Konsa for Kashi.However as some have suggested if only we can get Diarra fit - Guy just oozes class.You never know
  • Page's fitness is neither here nor there, he's absolutely terrible.

If we had a manager with an ounce of nous he would at least consider a change in formation now - especially with Pearce returning from injury.
  • Unfortunately probably means we have seen the last of Dasilva and Kashi if true - unless we can get promoted.Has to be Sarr at LB for me and Konsa for Kashi.However as some have suggested if only we can get Diarra fit - Guy just oozes class.You never know

What has happened to Sarr - Is he injured?
  • se9addick said:

Page's fitness is neither here nor there, he's absolutely terrible.

If we had a manager with an ounce of nous he would at least consider a change in formation now - especially with Pearce returning from injury.

Oh bo***cks!!