Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Great songs that you suddenly remember

edited February 2018 in Not Sports Related
Was just noodling around on the guitar earlier, and suddenly remembered “ Debris” by Ronnie Lane from the Faces Nod’s as good as a wink album.
Dug it out, as I realised how much I used to like it. What a track. Back when the other Ron and Rod were also at the top of their game imho.
It’s here if anyone else wants a listen -

Http://youtu.be/0sSXQtkFwtw

Wrote it about his dad apparently. Think that is one of my all time favourite songs.

Comments

• edited February 2018

Was in a cafe the other day and Labour of Love by Hue and Cry came on

Great song.
  • Only You - Yazoo
  • MrOneLung said:

Was in a cafe the other day and Labour of Love by Hue and Cry came on

Great song.

'Looking for Linda' did it for me!
  • Only You - Yazoo

Written by Vince Clarke just before he left Depeche Mode! Offered it to them initially but they turned it down! Oh well.

Mind you, Moyet's original version is excellent and no one else has done it justice like she did/still does in my opinion.
  • Only You - Yazoo

Written by Vince Clarke just before he left Depeche Mode! Offered it to them initially but they turned it down! Oh well.

Mind you, Moyet's original version is excellent and no one else has done it justice like she did/still does in my opinion.
    Great song. Am I alone in believing The Flying Pickets version is the best?
  • I heard it on an advert recently and realised how good it is.

I reckon you could be @bobmunro

;)
  • I Was bored the other night while working so I had a little browse on YouTube and found Billy MacKenzies version of Wild is The Wind , great voice
    https://youtu.be/r5wfMtbk7zw
  • bobmunro said:

Only You - Yazoo

Yup
  • The Crown - Gary Byrd and the GB Experience
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve never met a nice South African - spitting image
  • I’ve never met a nice South African - spitting image

A lyrical masterclass. :wink:
  • Uptown uptempo Woman - Randy Edelman.
    An old classic!
  • Just heard "he's not heavy he s my brother "on an internet station a minute ago ...such an uplifting song
  • Memo From Turner - Mick Jagger. Happened across it on a compilation. From the film Performance, which is an odd one. Quality tune.
  • I listened to Rag N Bone Man cover Gimme Shelter by the Stones the other night and that got me listening to the original again a couple of times - great song.
  • TOTP2 Big Sound Authority - This House
  • Small Town Boy - Jimmy Somerville
  • stonemuse said:

Heard ‘In a Broken Dream’ by Python Lee Jackson yesterday.

Great vocals by Rod Stewart.

Around the time of An Old Raincoat... and Gasoline Alley, Rod was one of our greatest blues singers and The Faces complemented him perfectly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dreams - The Cranberries. Just heard it at the end of Derry Girls last episode.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yam5uK6e-bQ

If I Can Dream - Elvis. The BBC were playing it over their compilation of moments from the Winter Olympics.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwqbuus8QPU
  • bobmunro said:

Only You - Yazoo

Yup
    You've got to go some bettering Alison Moyet singing anything.
  • Girls Talk - Dave Edmunds. I can't remember what programme but it was randomly plonked on something last week. It took me back to a great free lunch-time gig Rockpile did in The Three Tuns bar at the LSE around 1978. Pub rock as an art form.
  • "I know that she knows that I know......" by The Kersaall Flyers.

insane lyrics. " I knew she had seen me 'cause she dropped her bikini"
  • Friday on my Mind - Easybeats, proper fun pop song, give it a listen
  • Starship Trooper.....Yes.
    Always takes me back to happier days.
  • 3 great singles that weren't big hits:-
    Time Seller - The Spencer Davis Group (ELO were listening)
    Good Times - Eric Burdon
    Shoes - Reparata (yes, that Reparata. Quirky fun)
  • Girls Talk - Dave Edmunds. I can't remember what programme but it was randomly plonked on something last week. It took me back to a great free lunch-time gig Rockpile did in The Three Tuns bar at the LSE around 1978. Pub rock as an art form.

One of my Fav songs along with Nick lowe , Cruel To Be Kind .