Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    If you can find someone who takes a bet on no snow no bet on it snowing, let me know :-)
  • Options

London & Kent won't get much, if any snow next week. Weather patterns mean it will drift northwards once hitting the East Coast.

Careful Golfie, that sounds similar to Michael Fish in '87:-)
    I was just about to day the same thing about the John Hammond forecast. I wont believe it until I see it settling on my car outside......or WIOTOS !!
    John Hammond is doing the opposite of Michael Fish, you are doing a Michael Fish:-)
    happy to post anything just so I can see your name in lights again. I think I should change mine to Zaphod.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Tuesday now has an amber snow warning. Looks like it'll barely get above freezing before next weekend.

If/when Wimbledon gets postponed I think I'll just get a refund and do Peterborough instead.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Tuesday now has an amber snow warning. Looks like it'll barely get above freezing before next weekend.

If/when Wimbledon gets postponed I think I'll just get a refund and do Peterborough instead.

If Wimbledon gets postponed will get a refund and jack the rest of the season in
  • Options
    clb74 said:

RedPanda said:

If Wimbledon gets postponed will get a refund and jack the rest of the season in
    If it's not postponed it's your turn to get the beers in.
  • Options
    It's meant to snow most of this week & my Mrs could go into labour at any time now

Could be fun getting to the hospital
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Forcasters now saying there 'could' be a full on blizzard hitting the south of England towards the end of the week when a massive low comes up from the south to meet the cold air from the east.
  • Options
    Forecasters seem quite worried about this cold snap. I think we’ve had so many false alarms from the daily express, people have become blasé about it.

This actually looks like it will be a bit naughty
  • Options
    Like you say, had so many false warnings from all media and weather teams lately that I am taking this with pinch of salt. Cold weather yes, but not holding my breath for mass snow event in London environs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's not coming
  • Options
    Driving to Devon tomorrow which should be fine. Due to drive back on Thursday which looks like it could be interesting.
  • Options

Driving to Devon tomorrow which should be fine. Due to drive back on Thursday which looks like it could be interesting.

Seriously SHG, be prepared to change your return plans. The snow we may get then could be substantial. Much worse, there could be freezing rain, in which case you should stay off the roads.
  • Options

Forcasters now saying there 'could' be a full on blizzard hitting the south of England towards the end of the week when a massive low comes up from the south to meet the cold air from the east.

The chances of the AFC game going ahead seem low if that happens...
  • Options

The chances of the AFC game going ahead seem low if that happens...
    Forecast this evening on BBC shows the temperature around 5/6 degrees on Saturday. If they leave the snow on the pitch, thus keeping the pitch from freezing then should have no problem playing on Saturday.

I still think these weather warnings are all hyped up & not expect much snow tues or wed, although I'm sure just a dusting will keep a few people moaning that can't get to work and will clear the shelve of bread & milk.
  • Options
    Have Southeastern cancelled all services for the week yet?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

They’re waiting to see what type of snow it is
  • Options
    Monday at 7am, Flakes in Snodland. Not settling though

Back to Horatio in the studio with showbiz news
  • Options
    Monday 0715. Just started snowing lightly in Dartford. Decisions. Travel ok now. What’s getting home in 12 hours time gonna be like?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018
    iaitch said:

Pretty much. Mine are running with over an hour delay and this is a day before the snow is even due to come. Good thing I was prepared. I'll be working from home all week.
  • Options
    All things are imminent. But some things are more imminent than others.
  • Options
    Steady snow here in Barnet.
  • Options
    Light snow has started here in Maidstone, just as the sun has come out. Some sign it is definitely going to settle, if it gets heavier.
  • Options
    Mashing down in Bromley.......it’s the start of the apocalypse I tells ya.
  • Options

Mashing down in Bromley.......it’s the start of the apocalypse I tells ya.

I agree, who'd have thought, snow in winter! The world has gone mad.
  • Options
    Thames Streamer starting to form raintoday.co.uk/
  • Options
    Light flurries this morning in Romford and up town in Victoria.
    No sign of anything settling though
  • Options
    And it wasn't really expected this morning. Afternoon it was meant to start :)