Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• That’s better at least you put it in context now by adding the little word that help us all so much, “soon”. Thank you very much, good news on it own could mean absolutely anything.
  • JamesSeed said:

J BLOCK said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

Any rumours today?

Heard some good news about the sale from someone more ITK than me yesterday. He’s on here but is discreet.
    I am now less worried than I was before.
    Go on then ... I don’t get all this smoke and mirrors, if you’ve heard something just say it
    I have said all I know. Someone I respect a great deal said there’s some good news coming soon re the takeover. If they want to add more on here I’m sure they will. But it was someone who gave me a piece of info some weeks ago that turned out to be correct. So I’m hoping this will too. It’s not someone who posts that sort of info on here.
    Anyway, I feel less despondent now than I did a few days ago, so wanted to share.
    its-happening.gif

Sounds very promising but I've become so jaded by this thread that I just can't bring myself to use another gif until I see things in black and white on the OS. Until then, this is all the gif energy I can muster.
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Three days until Joynes leaves for Boro.

Told he went on Friday
    Makes sense.
    So anybody contacting the club with a serious enquiry or issue gets directed to

Constable Eager?
    The two Belgian members of staff who came over a few weeks ago???

Duchatelet expected to have sold the club months ago IMHO and still expects to sell so won't waste time and money employing or sacking anyone.

He doesn't care and hasn't done for a long time now.
    this 100%, he was deluded to think he could get the price he wanted and thought he would be gone in January.

He was close to a sale to the Scottish consortium and still thought he could squeeze another 5mil out of them late on.
  • stonemuse said:

June, 15 ... you will see I am right :wink:

She sounds a bit young to be our next CEO.
    Will still do a better job than the previous one.
  • JamesSeed said:

J BLOCK said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

Any rumours today?

Heard some good news about the sale from someone more ITK than me yesterday. He’s on here but is discreet.
    Go on then ... I don’t get all this smoke and mirrors, if you’ve heard something just say it
    I have said all I know. Someone I respect a great deal said there’s some good news coming soon re the takeover. If they want to add more on here I’m sure they will. But it was someone who gave me a piece of info some weeks ago that turned out to be correct. So I’m hoping this will too. It’s not someone who posts that sort of info on here.
    Anyway, I feel less despondent now than I did a few days ago, so wanted to share.
    Not surprising that people are reluctant to post info given all that’s happened. I share your optimism tho James
  • It’s a bit like a childest “I know something you don’t know” kind of post but I still like em.
  • Sponsored links:

• DRAddick said:

JamesSeed said:

J BLOCK said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

Any rumours today?

Was it Doucher?
    No. I’ve never met him.
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Told he went on Friday
    Makes sense.

Constable Eager?

Duchatelet expected to have sold the club months ago IMHO and still expects to sell so won't waste time and money employing or sacking anyone.

this 100%, he was deluded to think he could get the price he wanted and thought he would be gone in January.

He was close to a sale to the Scottish consortium and still thought he could squeeze another 5mil out of them late on.
    i can confirm this post is wrong re the scots - they never had the money - i don't know anything about j seeds info
  • DOUCHER said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Told he went on Friday
    Makes sense.

Constable Eager?

i can confirm this post is wrong re the scots - they never had the money - i don't know anything about j seeds info
    not true, they had money, just not the stupid amount Roland wanted.

As I stated from the very beginning, they were not the sort of owners who would have thrown money to get to the Prem. But hey would have put as much as Roland in and would have run the club a lot better, although that's not difficult
  • Question for all those ITK..

How many potential bidders (if any) are still in the running and is there a clear favourite?
  • razil said:

JamesSeed said:

J BLOCK said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

Any rumours today?

Not surprising that people are reluctant to post info given all that’s happened. I share your optimism tho James
    DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

DRAddick said:

JamesSeed said:

J BLOCK said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

Any rumours today?

Was it Doucher?
    No. I’ve never met him.
    but by god does he respect me
    Well I think you're quite funny sometimes.
  • edited February 2018
    Anyone else noticed that charlton haven’t sent a tweet out all day, very odd a day after the game. Even though we lost there’s normally something
  • Is odd, normally get bombarded with them, win or lose, fingers crossed it’s happening.
  • Honestly though what does that really mean? Takes 2 minutes every other hour to send a quick tweet if they had to and were genuinely busy preparing for the takeover. Maybe they just had an actual day off today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone else noticed that charlton haven’t sent a tweet out all day, very odd a day after the game. Even though we lost there’s normally something

The Tweet writer has been promoted in a big shake up, he's now CEO
  • Fear, really? They probably just ignore or laugh off the abuse and nonsense some fans write. It must happen at every club.
  • Question for all those ITK..

How many potential bidders (if any) are still in the running and is there a clear favourite?

73. At least 15 are front runners.
  • Anonymous sources indicate the men in white coats came for Roland over the week-end (apparently, he now thinks he's a judge on Strictly Come Dancing) and Richard Murray is just waiting for the banks to open to pay in the cheque from the Australian/Finnish/Middle-East/Thai consortium.

Last minute stumbling block is that the cheque will only clear in time for the Wednesday announcement if staff at the Kent Reliance Building Society can be persuaded to work overtime.

No idea why @WoodsideValley flagged this... unless... ROLAND IS HERE!
  • This thread almost dropped to page 2, surely we haven't run out of pot noodle jokes.
  • JamesSeed said:

J BLOCK said:

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:

Any rumours today?

its-happening.gif

Sounds very promising but I've become so jaded by this thread that I just can't bring myself to use another gif until I see things in black and white on the OS. Until then, this is all the gif energy I can muster.
    As indeed did all the other 'ITK' posts mate! It's beyond parody now, the amount of 'ITKs'.
  • This thread almost dropped to page 2, surely we haven't run out of pot noodle jokes.

just bought myself some new socks if anyone is interested.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!