Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jay Dasilva

Sink if posted elsewhere, but he's joined the full England squad training today. Obviously the number of drop-outs has played a part

Comments

• Sink if posted elsewhere, but he's joined the full England squad training today. Obviously the number of drop-outs has played a part

He and another player trained with the ful squad today, another two trained with them yesterday.

At this stage it is just training with them
  • Sink if posted elsewhere, but he's joined the full England squad training today. Obviously the number of drop-outs has played a part

He and another player trained with the ful squad today, another two trained with them yesterday.

At this stage it is just training with them
    You mean Roly won’t be able to stake a claim another £250k?
  • bang goes our chance of picking him up for peanuts ...
  • bang goes our chance of picking him up for peanuts ...

There was no chance of that anyway. He signed a new deal with Chelsea in the summer, they know how good he is and how much potential he has.

Good for him though. He's clearly a very gifted player and I think he'll have a fair few England caps before all is said and done.
  • SDAddick said:

bang goes our chance of picking him up for peanuts ...

There was no chance of that anyway. He signed a new deal with Chelsea in the summer, they know how good he is and how much potential he has.

Good for him though. He's clearly a very gifted player and I think he'll have a fair few England caps before all is said and done.
    I doubt he'll be playing for Chelsea though when he gets those England caps...

But then Salah and De Bruyne didn't do too badly after leaving Chelsea!
  • SDAddick said:

bang goes our chance of picking him up for peanuts ...

I doubt he'll be playing for Chelsea though when he gets those England caps...

But then Salah and De Bruyne didn't do too badly after leaving Chelsea!
    Or parker, lukaku, huth, Bertrand, Sturrage......

• edited February 2018
    Yayyyyyyy

Our Player of the Year is now fucked!! - Get yourself back to Chelsea for treatment lad, you wont play again this season if you rely on us to get you properly fit!!
  • Oh for f**k sake
  • He limped off without assistance (and quite quickly too) so hopefully not too serious...
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully it's not too serious, and hopefully Naby is back next weekend. It looked like he was in training last week.
  • But we don’t really have a replacement left back do we? Let alone one who’s half as good.
  • But we don’t really have a replacement left back do we? Let alone one who’s half as good.

Page has been playing for the U23s and Mascoll seems to have had good reports. Would prefer either over Sarr or Lennon at LB.
  • I don't get the hype. He's decent and will probably have a long career but for our immediate and longer term needs, we should find a better fit in the summer.

Anyone who thinks we can get a better left back than dasilva at this level or the one above for that matter is crazy. Lad is class.
    I completely agree, the lad just oozes ability! By far our player of the season above and beyond every other player bar maybe JFC.
  • edited February 2018
    He shows flashes and clearly has ability but he often goes running down blind alleys and also gets caught in possession easily when he hasn't already created himself a bit of forward momentum.

Page has been playing for the U23s and Mascoll seems to have had good reports. Would prefer either over Sarr or Lennon at LB.
    Mascoll is injured.

• Sponsored links:

• Very good player going forward - average as a defender.
  • Very good player going forward - average as a defender.

Probably what they look for in a full-back these days. Exactly that is often said about Kyle Walker

• He is different gravy.
  • I would suggest that Da Silva is more suited to playing in the Championship.
  • Another one bites the dust.
  • all full backs need cover in front of them, DaSilva had Kaikai for cover - enough said.
  • Dasilva is in the team as a defender and half our fans forget that. He might be great going forward but he's certainly a very average defender - in a team like ours that needs a solid defender he's not ideal.

Anyway who has seen Chris Powell play knows what a good left back is - excellent positioning and composed on the ball in defence. Even at the end of his career he held his own.

Dasilva to me looks more suited to midfield - lacks the physical presence to be a top class defender.