Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Let's just all calm down here...

Let's just analyse this in calm, mature and adult manner. So we weren't good enough on the day. So what it happens. It's first poor one for a few weeks, since Gills.

I have a pragmatic philosphy. It's to analyse why we didn't perform to the best of our abilities. We simply lost our coolness when Shrewsbury managed to get a foothold in the game. We have to remember they are in the top two and play a high pressing, play in your face game. I think the reason why we didn't play the way Karl wanted is because maybe we lost a bit of patients playing their way and reverted to what we are best at. But yes we need to be more patient at that type of game and work on improving on it. It certainly wasn't a dishonest non caring performance by any stretch.

This is the business end of the season when we look to losses into a least a draw and a draw into a win. We were doing it earlier in the season. It's creapt out a wee bit recently. But hopefully we can start doing it again. It is important in this period that players and fans alike keep a calm attitude.

Comments

• My calm, mature and considered response is that I don't think this squad, with the manager, has the wherewithal to get promotion this season. That is not just in response to yesterday's performance.

Sadly, I have to agree.
  • We're s**t end of
  • buckshee said:

Shrewsbury were the better side in every department. It was obvious from about fifteen minutes in that we’d struggle to get anything out of the match.
    Yes we were poor but they are a very decent side and enjoyable to watch with it even if they are beating your own side.

I never enjoy watching the opposition piss all over us. Yes they were better than us but better managers would find some manner of tactical switch to make things difficult for the opposition. Two things baffled me yesterday ; the bringing on of Ajose- absolute pony for most of us; but give the bloke a chance to play in his proper position at least. Secondly, most agree that Aribo was our best attacking player , at least until Fosu came on, and he moved him to left back.

His marriage to this ludicrous 4231 system is Embarassing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's face it the only reason that Robinson is still in the job is because the club is about to be sold and Roland doesn't want to page him off and hire a new manager.
    The longer the season goes on the more inept Robinson appears.
    He can no longer blame injuries as he has more than enough players at his disposal. Just look at yesterday's bench it's not full of youth players but experienced players.
    Robinson is clearly not getting the best out of the team and as soon as a takeover happens he will be gone.
    Let's hope both happen soon.

Great post. Says it all.
  • My calm response is that KR said in the match programme that we are averaging 2 points a game on recent form, which is "automatic promotion form".

That's fine if you are in the top 2 spots already!

This team cannot beat any of the top 6 over 2 legs, so play-off dreams are pointless, it would only mean 2 extra matches at the end of the season - nothing more.

Until KR wakes up and plays Aribo from the start of every game, drops that dead weight Magennis, and learns how to protect points with minutes to go - we will just be hovering around mid table.
  • I love it when people say we had an off day - that suggests we normally have an on day. We've been shit for months.

To be honest I find it hard to believe we are still in with a shout for a playoff spot.
    It would appear that others around us are also unable to put together a significant run of good results which has kept us (with great good fortune), still in with a chance.
  • addick05 said:

My calm, mature and considered response is that I don't think this squad, with the manager, has the wherewithal to get promotion this season. That is not just in response to yesterday's performance.

Sadly, I have to agree.
    And me.
  • The 20-managers-a-season brigade will love this thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• why is this discussion not in the post mtch thread?
  • The anger and frustration is not just about what happens on the pitch.
    I have watched Charlton since 1966 and was a season ticket holder until last season.
    I have not been at all this season.
    My daughter asked me whether I would like to go yesterday and I couldn't get any enthusiasm to say "Yes".
    It took her a considerable time to persuade me.
    It was a poor performance from top to bottom and, walking away from the ground, where I used to be in a really bad mood, I wasn't.
    My passion for watching the club has been run over by a steamroller and I can only hope that it returns once RD has gone and we have an owner that cares about success on the pitch.
    What a legacy to leave.

Your last two paragraphs mirrors exactly how I feel about Charlton right now which saddens me
  • I am calm. Charlton are shit.
  • Let's just analyse this in calm, mature and adult manner. So we weren't good enough on the day. So what it happens. It's first poor one for a few weeks, since Gills.

I have a pragmatic philosphy. It's to analyse why we didn't perform to the best of our abilities. We simply lost our coolness when Shrewsbury managed to get a foothold in the game. We have to remember they are in the top two and play a high pressing, play in your face game. I think the reason why we didn't play the way Karl wanted is because maybe we lost a bit of patients playing their way and reverted to what we are best at. But yes we need to be more patient at that type of game and work on improving on it. It certainly wasn't a dishonest non caring performance by any stretch.

This is the business end of the season when we look to losses into a least a draw and a draw into a win. We were doing it earlier in the season. It's creapt out a wee bit recently. But hopefully we can start doing it again. It is important in this period that players and fans alike keep a calm attitude.

Every Sunday morning around 12.30am without fail we get one of these. Keep them coming
  • cabbles said:

Let's just analyse this in calm, mature and adult manner. So we weren't good enough on the day. So what it happens. It's first poor one for a few weeks, since Gills.

Every Sunday morning around 12.30am without fail we get one of these. Keep them coming
    I wrote the Oxford one about 8pm last time
  • cabbles said:

I wrote the Oxford one about 8pm last time
    So it wasn’t a one off then ?......
  • Daggs said:

What yesterday confirmed for me was, should we by some fluke, finish in a play-off position. We would get slapped by any other team we faced.

Cross that bridge when we come to it.
  • cabbles said:

I was on about 994 LOLs, I wanted to get it 1K LOLs. 1.4K Likes.
  • Aaaaaarrgggghhh!

Aaiarrraaarrrggghhhh!!

KFC have run out of chicken!!!

Get me to the chopper!!!!
  • Daggs said:

What yesterday confirmed for me was, should we by some fluke, finish in a play-off position. We would get slapped by any other team we faced.

Live on TV for the whole world to see too