Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Come in No. 20?

2»

Comments

• edited February 2018
    He needs to be retrained as a centre midfielder playing a Kashi style role. That's his best hope of remaining relevant in this team now.
  • I actually like the idea of seeing him as a holding midfielder.

If I'm building a team for Charltons level then I would still want Chris Solly in it. As said above, he is the least of our problems.
  • Legend but not a captain. Also noticed at both goals conceded Amos said fuck all to his defenders, shouldn't a keeper be bollocking his defenders for not doing their jobs?
  • Redlanered and I have been saying fir weeks that Solly just doesn’t cut it anymore. I don’t know the cause but something must be done.

Angry of Sydenham
  • Solly as we all know has a knee problem,he is too young to be written off,but cllearly he needs to be managed,he could probably do 25-30 games at top level but 35-40 is too much.
  • What a fabulous player he was......dare I say it, he was quite possibly on his way to the very top of the ladder at one stage.
    Also a very pleasant and unassuming individual who without question deserved a better roll of the dice.
    Quite what will happen with him now is anyone’s guess.
    It goes without saying that all Addicks wish him well.
  • How old is he now? 27-28? he should be at his peak. Quite clearly physically he is not. Wasn't it the case that he only didn't sign for West Ham because he failed a medical? I can't remember where I heard it but someone told me he has no cartliage left after all the ops. I worry that it's catching up with him now, and I hope he isn't storing up problems for himself in later years by continuing to play now. I hate that this thread exists, but I am afraid it has every reason to exist.

I said he has no cartilage left and that was some years ago and this information was garnered from attending various Charlton meetings.

It's apparent to nearly all Charlton fans that Solly is much slower than he used to be and he can't turn very easily, obviously both due to his knees. Solly used to be our POTY and best performing player most games like Da Silva is now.
    These days he's not really good enough, but we don't have a guaranteed better back up, although I'd prefer Konsa or Djiksteel.
  • How old is he now? 27-28? he should be at his peak. Quite clearly physically he is not. Wasn't it the case that he only didn't sign for West Ham because he failed a medical? I can't remember where I heard it but someone told me he has no cartliage left after all the ops. I worry that it's catching up with him now, and I hope he isn't storing up problems for himself in later years by continuing to play now. I hate that this thread exists, but I am afraid it has every reason to exist.

I said he has no cartilage left and that was some years ago and this information was garnered from attending various Charlton meetings.

It's apparent to nearly all Charlton fans that Solly is much slower than he used to be and he can't turn very easily, obviously both due to his knees. Solly used to be our POTY and best performing player most games like Da Silva is now.
    These days he's not really good enough, but we don't have a guaranteed better back up, although I'd prefer Konsa or Djiksteel.
    Spot on.
  • Sponsored links:

• He needs to be retrained as a centre midfielder playing a Kashi style role. That's his best hope of remaining relevant in this team now.

cafctom said:

I actually like the idea of seeing him as a holding midfielder.

If I'm building a team for Charltons level then I would still want Chris Solly in it. As said above, he is the least of our problems.

We had a spell where he played there - the general concencious was it didn’t work.

I personally wouldn’t write Solly off just yet, but it’s a pretty safe bet to say he is in decline now and his betters days are long gone. Shame he won’t have played in the premier league by the time he hangs up his boots - knee problems aside, he was certainly good enough a few years ago.

• Is RCC still injured? Pretty sure he played RB for youth and out on loan.
  • Nug said:

Yep, club's on it's arse in every single aspect so let's write off one of our own.

Or Maybe admit that maybe the injury is maybe starting to show him up.... maybe.