Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So Arsene Wenger could become...

...only the 8th Manager to win all 3 domestic trophies (League title, FA Cup and League Cup) in English football later today. Can you name the seven who have already achieved this feat? Not necessarily at the same club, and this goes back before the Prem.
Don't Google, just think and chuck your answers in. There is no prize.

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Fergie, obviously.
    Paisley?
    Ranieri?
    Dalglish?
    Graham?
    Mourinho?
    Shankly?

That’s my seven guesses. Am I close?
  • Is one of them not Wenger? Find it hard to believe he's not won the League Cup...
  • I'll start off with Alex Ferguson.
  • Fergie, obviously.
    Paisley?
    Ranieri?
    Dalglish?
    Graham?
    Mourinho?
    Shankly?

Paisley only took Liverpool to one FA Cup Final in the season 1976/77 (@Callumcafc see football too) and lost that to Utd.
    Ranieri only ( and I don't mean "only") won the League with Leicester, nothing else.
    Shankly never won the League Cup

Dalglish, Mourinho and George Graham are correct.
  • I'll start off with Alex Ferguson.

Of course.
  • Well yeah I suppose. My first guess was going to be Wenger.
  • Mourinho gotta be one?
  • ...and Paisley a good shout
  • Riviera said:

Fergie, obviously.
    Paisley?
    Ranieri?
    Dalglish?
    Graham?
    Mourinho?
    Shankly?

Paisley only took Liverpool to one FA Cup Final in the season 1976/77 (@Callumcafc see football too) and lost that to Utd.
    Ranieri only ( and I don't mean "only") won the League with Leicester, nothing else.

Ok...
    Howard Kendall?
    Don Revie?
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Fergie, obviously.
    Paisley?
    Ranieri?
    Dalglish?
    Graham?
    Mourinho?
    Shankly?

Ok...
    Howard Kendall?
    Don Revie?
    Yes Revie.

So we have as 5 correct answers:
    Fergie
    Revie
    Dalglish
    Mouriniho
    Graham

Two more to go.
  • Hmm...I’ve got a feeling the missing ones might be a bit old school. When did the league cup start? Mid sixties?
    How about Matt Busby?
    Bill Nicholson?
  • Benitez?
    Avram Grant?
  • Did Clough ever win the FA Cup? I’m pretty sure he won the league cup with Forest.
  • Clough never won the cup.
  • Why are you lot all up? I have the excuse of just getting back from a fire call.
  • Hmm...I’ve got a feeling the missing ones might be a bit old school. When did the league cup start? Mid sixties?
    How about Matt Busby?
    Bill Nicholson?

Bill Nic yes Busby no.
  • Just one more
  • Bertie Mee?
  • Joe Mercer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Joe Mercer.

Only know this as i was reading about Man city the other week. Didn't realise they'd also won a european trophy.
  • Mancini
    Pellegrini
  • edited February 2018
  • Bobby Robson?
  • edited February 2018
    cfgs said:

Why are you lot all up? I have the excuse of just getting back from a fire call.

They’ve all been drinking Red Bull.
  • edited February 2018

Joe Mercer.

Only know this as i was reading about Man city the other week. Didn't realise they'd also won a european trophy.

So, is Joe Mercer confirmed as correct?
    I’m assuming so - to be honest, I don’t think I’d have got Mercer if you hadn’t mentioned him - I’d completely forgotten about him. He was before my time though!
    Quite pleased to have got 6 out of 7!

Good quiz @Riviera !
  • Yes sorry I've been at work. Joe Mercer is the missing answer. Good luck Arsene, hope he becomes the 8th.
  • Lovely finish by Aguero. Arsenal had a chance to take the lead through Aubameyang early on.
  • Riviera said:

Yes sorry I've been at work. Joe Mercer is the missing answer. Good luck Arsene, hope he becomes the 8th.

Unlikely now, 3-0 to Man City.

No doubt Whinger will complain about refereeing decisions contributing to the first two goals - foul by Aguero on the centre-half, offside on the second goal - but really he should be bollocking his team for criminal defending ... again.