Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Any rumours today?
  • I doubt anybody has told Roly it was football for a fiver today and he is probably ecstatic over the upturn in attendance, we all know he doesn't give a monkey's about results.
  • SE23 said:

So the the arab/Chinese /malasian/Thai guys pictured in the directors box last week (by Rick) I think? We're actually in the North Upper today, very friendly and asking lots of questions about us. I asked if he was buying the club and got an embarrassed laugh and was told he and and his companions were from Thailand and wanted to watch some football. This is where it gets strange though... He paid for 8 beers for myself and mine and his friends just before half time and never returned! Maybe a dash to an executive box to get away from me? Haha! Was definitely the same guy as no one else wheres a scarf like that! So apart from the interested party I know had a funny feeling about these guys... Plus the Australians and man City haha... Definitely moving forward.

Didn't tell you his name did he?
  • Dave2l said:

That painted picture of Roland selling the club before the football for a 5er Feb the 24th game at home to Shrewsbury.

Packed valley celebrating and we win ...keeping the playoff hope alive.

Sort of didn't quite pan out that way in the end.

Huh

Furry frog's sake god darn it... I even got there early spent time shivvering in the hope... nothing.
  • SE23 said:

Chow

Are you sure he wasn't actually Italian and telling you to go away?
  • SE23 said:

Chow

You off?
  • edited February 2018
    SE23 said:

cfgs said:

SE23 said:

Chow

Are you sure he wasn't actually Italian and telling you to go away?
    Unlikeky as he randomly bought a large round of beers and spent the previous time asking questions about myself and charlton.

See below.

SE23 said:

Chow

You off?
    Whoosh

(Always wanted to do that)
  • Sponsored links:

• Chow doesn’t sound Thai . But good to be able to add another country to the list

Australia
    Scotland
    China
    Greece
    United States
    Belgium
    England
    Netherlands
    Switzerland
    And now Thailand

I think I might have missed one or two
  • edited February 2018
  • SE23 said:

And as I said before nothing will happen before the seasons end... Roland wants to sell a championship club the buyer(s) want to buy a league one club.

Well let’s hope Roland watched today because that is a bang average league one club he owns.

• Not even any pictures of the directors box???
  • Chow doesn’t sound Thai . But good to be able to add another country to the list

Australia
    Scotland
    China
    Greece
    United States
    Belgium
    England
    Netherlands
    Switzerland
    And now Thailand

Norway?

Australia
    Scotland
    China
    Greece
    United States
    Belgium
    England
    Netherlands
    Switzerland
    And now Thailand

Norway?
    Yes way
  • I am increasingly concerned about the possibility that Roland's mental health may be in question.

He exhibits all the symptoms of an autistic sociopath with psychotic delusions on his good days but maybe he's just stark raving bonkers and we are all doomed until someone sections him.
  • It probably isn't the asking price that is keeping the buyers from signing on the dotted line. I expect that Roland wants Robinson to remain as Manager for the next 10 years on a 'non-sackable' contract and the shop is only allowed to sell size 12, white Reebok trainers (left foot only.)
  • DA9 said:

Who's in the VIP seats today then?

Paul May by all accounts!
    Lol, he was there, spoke to him before and after.

One fella told me in the millennium lounge that one of the bidders is Scandinavian
    Finnish?

WIOTOS
  • Sponsored links:

• SE23 said:

Chow doesn’t sound Thai . But good to be able to add another country to the list

Australia
    Scotland
    China
    Greece
    United States
    Belgium
    England
    Netherlands
    Switzerland
    And now Thailand

Maybe I miss heard him then? But he said he was from Thailand.
    Thais are all known by short nicknames as nobody can be arsed calling them by their five or six syllable real names. That makes Chow possible but a misheard Chai more likely.

It would be unusual for a group of Thais to watch Charlton unless they were taking advantage of football for a fiver, as they generally only know the big EPL clubs. But one thing is sure and that is hi-so Thais like to keep up with their peers: Leicester, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday, Man City and now Oxford have all had Thai owners so it could just be that another rich Thai wants to get in on the act and a London club might be seen as a coup.

But if there were anything in this particular rumour I'd have expected to hear something from one of the informed sources so on the reliable rumour scale of 1 to 10 I'll give it a 1.5 - and that's generous.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!