Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Steve Brown

Got his coaching badges, hasn't he?

Good eye for a player (recommended Sidwell to us before anyone had heard of him)?

A Charlton legend?

Talks a load of sense on the radio, doesn't he?

Will never let you down?

Anyone else get where this is taking me??

Comments

• think you might be onto something there.....

but we cant afford to pay Pards off anyway!!
  • just have to wait for him to walk then
  • yeah you are taking us down a road of looking at employing someone with absolutely no experience whatsoever.

BUT I'd rather Kinsella with Brown as his assistant
  • Still a huge gamble. There's plenty excellent assistant managers that never cut it as a Number One. And why would Pardew walk anyway? If I had a big payoff coming I don't think you'd write it off.
  • I don't think Pardew is on as much as people may think. Certainly one of the highest paid managers in the league but I would have thought a lot of his pay would relate to the division we are in and various bonuses etc.
  • Agree Ledge,

But where have so called experienced managers got us in the more recent past, nowhere. And prior to that you have Curbs who came straight from playing, so I say let's go for it..
  • All i would like for our next manager is to have some genuine affection for us!
  • No Manager would sign a contract for a club about to get relegated with a relegation clause, and I think what Mort means is he would rather be sacked and get a pay off, than walk
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]No Manager would sign a contract for a club about to get relegated with a relegation clause, and I think what Mort means is he would rather be sacked and get a pay off, than walk
    Who knows but if I was negotiating with Pardew for the contract i would pander to his ego and say:

"Right you're on 50 quid a week but if you keep us in the premier league then you can get a £10,000 bonus and then the next 3 years of your contract you are guaranteed to earn at least £200 a week. However, if we get relegated, you will continue to earn £50 a week unless you get us up in the first or secondyear, where you will once again get a £10k bonus and £200 a week. If we don't go up in two years then you can earn 24p and Kit Kat on a weekly basis"

I think Pardew's ego is so big that he would think he could a) keep us up or b) get us back up within two years and sign the contract.

As i say though, just speculating.
  • You might be near the truth if you add a few more 000s, WSS. Wasn't he supposed to be on a £1M bonus to keep us up?
  • Sponsored links:

• fair point I guess, but unless we can persuade a club insider to spill the beans we will never know.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]fair point I guess, but unless we can persuade a club insider to spill the beans we will never know.

Good point.
  • edited October 2008
    so...???

he he he
  • Henry was a club insider. He's an outsider now.

And he was forced to sign a declaration of no kiss & tell stories.

;o)
  • I would strongly expect Pardew to be one of the top 5 paid managers in this division.
  • me too..
  • I still think Pardew will be our manager at the Play-off final in May 2009 but if you are looking for a name then I will say Mark Bowen.

Would he come? Who would leave Man City now but an experienced coach, done his time and an ex-player.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I still think Pardew will be our manager at the Play-off final in May 2009.

So you've given up on automatic promotion already then?!
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]yeah you are taking us down a road of looking at employing someone with absolutely no experience whatsoever.

Have you seen the way kinsella manages the 2nd team. God help us if he took over
  • I just got us promoted to the Premiership on the PSP - I'll be Pardew's successor!
  • Sponsored links:

• Mark Bowen is a very very good call.
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Mark Bowen is a very very good call.
    Yeah i agree but i dont think pards is going anywhere just yet
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I still think Pardew will be our manager at the Play-off final in May 2009.

So you've given up on automatic promotion already then?!

I'd take it with both hands but I think the play offs are a more realistic target (but not if we play like we did last night which was just atrocious)

Wolves and Birmingham were guaranteed the two automatic spots by Golfie last wek but Wolves got stuffed 3 - 0 and have lost their two wingers while Birmingham are going through a bad run as well.

Long way to go yet.
  • Blimey Henry, i wish we were on a 'bad run' like Birmingham! They're 2nd with 1 defeat all season!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Blimey Henry, i wish we were on a 'bad run' like Birmingham! They're 2nd with 1 defeat all season!!

haven't won for two games which is a disaster when it happens to us : - )
  • quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Mark Bowen is a very very good call.[/quote]
    Yeah i agree but i dont think pards is going anywhere just yet

Whatever happens, he'll be another well paid not-really-very-good manager.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Henry was a club insider. He's an outsider now.

And he was forced to sign a declaration of no kiss & tell stories.

;o)

yeah but he can tell his FRIENDS :-)))
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]yeah you are taking us down a road of looking at employing someone with absolutely no experience whatsoever.

Have you seen the way kinsella manages the 2nd team. God help us if he took over

Really SPILL
  • Got his signed shirt up in the spare bedroom