Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC Twitter

I know they work hard but sorry could do better......
Seem more interested in taking photos of the pitch and changing rooms, and repeating the same stuff over and over. It's like Jive Bunny.
Not one update on this mornings 18's game, and it supposed to be academy day!
Well done Cardiff they are posting. It's 3-0 to Charlton.

Comments

• Depends where the Media Team are needed, isnt it just Olly and George, so with so much happening at the Valley today it was probably always going to be difficult for them to cover this match.

Both do an excellent job for the majority of the work they do and abuse they've received under this regime so am sure they can be forgiven for this

That's fair enough, but they very rarely report on any of the games, equally there is nothing going at the valley right now and today is academy day. A picture saying we are ready at the valley is hardly cutting edge news. It's been mentioned before but there are so many staff in tracksuits around to support. The camera guy for instance, could at least post at half time.
  • I think we have quite a good media setup. I was looking on Arsenal's twitter the other day to see their opinions on that laughable result. They only updated when goals were scored and even then minutes late.
  • I think we have quite a good media setup. I was looking on Arsenal's twitter the other day to see their opinions on that laughable result. They only updated when goals were scored and even then minutes late.

Your missing the point. I’m not talking about a first team game. Equally at least Arsenal posted the goals, still waiting for CAFC
    They have been banging on all week about the academy and yet on the day the actual game is ignored!
  • So what was the final score Sid?

Your missing the point. I’m not talking about a first team game. Equally at least Arsenal posted the goals, still waiting for CAFC
    They have been banging on all week about the academy and yet on the day the actual game is ignored!
    Think you've missed Joshrew's point

Yes Charlton have missed out on an Academy match, yet as a League One club the standard of our twitter team appears better than one of the best in the country.

If you've got issue with it, why not send @Ollywozere a PM asking if there was a reason rather than having a moan?
  • So what was the final score Sid?

3-2 to Charlton , ( from Cardiff feed :-))
    Good result could go 2nd if Millwall lose.
  • Wel done lads
  • I know they work hard but sorry could do better......
    Seem more interested in taking photos of the pitch and changing rooms, and repeating the same stuff over and over. It's like Jive Bunny.

Hi 'Sid', feel free to drop me an email on olly.groome@cafc.co.uk and I can give a bit of background on why it's very difficult for us to cover U18 games on Saturdays.
    Equally, if you're at games, you might be able to give us a helping hand!
    Why not use the students?
  • Sponsored links:

Hi 'Sid', feel free to drop me an email on olly.groome@cafc.co.uk and I can give a bit of background on why it's very difficult for us to cover U18 games on Saturdays.
    Instead of getting the ump, send the fella a message and go from there
  • shirty5 said:

Genuinely wasn’t getting the hump! I thought it’s a far more formal way of discussing things and we genuinely could do with a hand receiving updates from U18 games.
    Apologies if it came across that way.
  • shirty5 said:

Genuinely wasn’t getting the hump! I thought it’s a far more formal way of discussing things and we genuinely could do with a hand receiving updates from U18 games.
    Olly I did not think that, and will drop you a note. Thanks for replying in the first place!
  • I'm sure it's not the fault of Olly but Charlton news is not very informative. I'm an old fart so don't use things like twitter or even facebook. The website is dreadful. Looking at it now after one news story, the next thing a long video about Keith Peacock, then adverts for loads of videos which I cannot access. Then we finally to get to news and the next news story is dated Jan 29th! 26 days old. When I used to have anything to do with websites, it is used to be that anything more than 3 clicks away would lose your customers interest.
    Thank goodness for Charlton Life!!!!!!

Your apologise should be directed to Sid, not me.
  • I agree they don’t deserve any of the regime abuse they get and I appreciate that the twitter feed is supposed to be snappier and more ‘down with the kids’ than the OS but it does seem as if they’re trying too hard sometimes. Over the last year or so some of the tweets read as if they were composed by a 12 year old who’s just discovered social media.
  • edited February 2018
    I think they do a pretty good job and olly is a Bromley supporter so is ok by me. What always makes me chuckle is when you're following a game by twitter and someone like Louis Mendez will be mocking someone shanking wide an open goal whilst the official feed will describe how msgennis thunders a shot narrowly wide.
  • In Terms of photography we are better covered than Arsenal when it comes to U18s
    Don't thank me all at one.
    Every single home & away games for rest of season being photographed - U18s
    U23s Monday & Wednesday covered by yours truly
  • In Terms of photography we are better covered than Arsenal when it comes to U18s
    Don't thank me all at one.
    Every single home & away games for rest of season being photographed - U18s
    U23s Monday & Wednesday covered by yours truly

What a picture