Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Shrewsbury | Sat 24 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Never confident when it comes to Charlton especially with the current squad. We have too many inconsistent players. We could just as easily win as lose.
    So 1-1 it is then
  • hopefully we do beat them as there fans are wankers.

Really , where did you have a bad experience of them ?
  • Tricky but not impossible, 2-1.
  • JamesSeed said:

Didn’t KR say Bauer was fit at his press conference? If he is then it’s Bauer and Pearce for me
    2-1

He did indeed. But did he not add that he trained today? I think that puts him on the bench.

I think this game will be won by who works hardest for longest. We need to keep possession of the ball for longer periods and not try and attack with pace every time.

We do overrun teams at the start of a match recently. Let’s hope we score at least 1 in this period and then go again.

Winning this game could give us a psychological boost going into March and put pressure on those around us. So hope we win.

• We tend to play better against good sides (barring Bradford 2nd half), but im hopeful 3-0 surprise (Magenis, Reeves & Kukai)
  • 3-1 Charlton, don't know why i am so optimistic here but feeling positive about this one.
  • edited February 2018
    They are clearly a resilient side and I think we don't do well against these sort of teams. We need to be at our best and if we can deliver close to a complete performance we will win. But if we are little below - as we often are - a defeat is likely. I'd make them slight favourites but am going in expectation. I think it is important Fosu is fit.
  • Gonna go for a draw on this one. We are playing fine though a little leaky as of late but dangerous going forward! 1-1
  • for playoffs i'm sticking with my formula of 74 being the magic number.

42 points remaining we need 23 of them, when its like that we can drop 19 of them doesn't seem like a tough ask.
  • 1-0 Charlton. A well fought tight affair against a good organised side.
  • Sponsored links:

• The taming of the Shrew or much ado about nothing. As now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer by the sons of Red Bull/Ned Kelly/Sheikh oil wells/Chief Good luck Jonathan/Sultan Bin to valley said Al said/Lord Adonis/Harry the Hedge fund/Warren bunny Buffett/Seth Plum and euro millions/IKEA/antanddec/Dame Fanny Fanackapan/Independent Charlton Museum/David Icke/Rabbi Joseph and the amazing technicolour scarfy/Samsung's Lee-won-pen-hee-hee/ uncle Tom Cobbley. Perm any one from the above. 0-0
  • The best I can see from this is a draw. Despite KR saying we've been playing really well I don't actually agree. We were average at MK and most other teams would have taken advantage of that.
    I'm going for a 1-1 draw. Fosu to score.
  • hopefully we do beat them as there fans are wankers.

Really , where did you have a bad experience of them ?
    Malta for England away game, like a lot of england fans have this club mentality and were just acting like wankers till a few old school spurs fans had a word, theres quite a few of these small clubs that have some proper knobhead fans, lincoln and swindon could also be added.
  • Paul Hurst has a better points for game average than any Charlton manager. Powell, Seed, Curbishley, Fraeye - he beats them all. The Shrews have struggled at home recently but have been very strong away from home. The CAS Trust take on the game is here:

https://castrust.org/
  • Important game, football for a fiver = insipid capitulation by Charlton.

Hope I'm wrong.
  • Was going to this but online site took my money but didn't send tickets. Anyone else suffer similar? Given train issues I won't bother now!
  • Saw two magpies together earlier on...
  • Pedro45 said:

This is a classic Charlton set up....Shrews tend to score lots late on and we tend to concede late on. I'll plump for a 2.2 draw with us throwing away a two goal lead in injury time.

That's just so early February darling.
  • edited February 2018
    castrust said:

Paul Hurst has a better points for game average than any Charlton manager. Powell, Seed, Curbishley, Fraeye - he beats them all. The Shrews have struggled at home recently but have been very strong away from home. The CAS Trust take on the game is here:

Yes he's doing a good job, but he's only been managing in the league since 2011, and on his own since 2013, so a bit early to be comparing his stats with Powell, Seed & Curbishley I think.

2011–2013 Grimsby Town (Joint with Rob Scott)
    2013–2016 Grimsby Town
    2016– ..... Shrewsbury Town
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw two magpies together earlier on...

Bloody Newcastle supporters get everywhere
  • edited February 2018
    JamesSeed said:

castrust said:

Paul Hurst has a better points for game average than any Charlton manager. Powell, Seed, Curbishley, Fraeye - he beats them all. The Shrews have struggled at home recently but have been very strong away from home. The CAS Trust take on the game is here:

Yes he's doing a good job, but he's only been managing in the league since 2011, and on his own since 2013, so a bit early to be comparing his stats with Powell, Seed & Curbishley I think.

2011–2013 Grimsby Town (Joint with Rob Scott)
    2013–2016 Grimsby Town
    2016– ..... Shrewsbury Town
    Never managed a pro game in my life & i am quite sure i have done a better job than Fraeye....
  • edited February 2018
    I bought four extra tickets for friends, and two can't go. They're East stand, block F if anyone's interested (free of course). Anyone boycotting can have them if that works for you - I know some of you are only going if freebies are available.
    They're located on the horizontal bit of the 'A' of 'VALLEY'.image

Btw, does anyone know why when I insert an image it appears four time in the post, rather than once? (I've edited three of them out)
  • edited February 2018
    As already said we really need to follow up MK Dons result with 3 more points and push on for a play off spot. SO... It's a definite we will be like 11 men who have never met let alone played together, and will roll over and give the travelling Shrewsbury fans a great day out.

Fans turn up, the team will not ............lose 2-1
  • 1-1 96th minute equaliser for them. Scored from a needless corner.
  • A good time to be playing Shrewsbury who seem to be better away than at home. Then again the £5 match always disapoints and with their top 3 form I can see this being a big disappointment. 2-0 to Shrewsbury and we were never in with a chance.
  • I think Shrews are starting to wobble when it matters. That 3 quarters and even final quarter when they need to see things out, that less fancied side at the beggining of the season exceding many expectations. That lack of expeience, with Blackburn and Wigan in there. I think it might come to the fore us and I think we will nick a 2-0 win.
  • I hate being negative but I'll be pleased with a point and ecstatic with three.
  • JamesSeed said:

I bought four extra tickets for friends, and two can't go. They're East stand, block F if anyone's interested. Anyone boycotting can have them for free if that works for you.
    They're located on the horizontal bit of the 'A' of 'VALLEY'.image

Btw, does anyone know why when I insert an image it appears four time in the post, rather than once? (I've edited three of them out)

I'll take them for £20 each.

Cash on collection or I can send you my bank details and you can pay straight in.
    I'll take £50 for the pair - or free otherwise. I know it's recklessly generous of me.