Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

cold weather possible games off.

edited February 2018 in General Charlton
with temperatures set to plummet next week, both AFC and posh Don't have undersoil heating, could end up with a serious fixture pile up and pretty much be Saturday and Tuesday for the rest of the season, and with a squad that have struggled to string good performances together in succession could have a huge part to play in the season.

Comments

• As I said yesterday on the AFC/Peterboro thread, I can't see the AFC game going ahead with snow and sub zero temperatures forecast. The Peterboro game should be fine the following week.
  • And we don't have the boiler, just the pipework.

It's very nice pipework though.
  • bobmunro said:

with temperatures set to plummet next week, both AFC and posh Don't have undersoil heating, could end up with a serious fixture pile up and pretty much be Saturday and Tuesday for the rest of the season, and with a squad that have struggled to string good performances together in succession could have a huge part to play in the season.

We'll be ok though as we have under soil heating.

Oh wait ...
    :open_mouth: from football ground guide;

Capacity: 27,111 (all seated)
    Address: Floyd Road, Charlton, SE7 8BL
    Telephone: 020 8333 4000
    Fax: 020 8333 4001
    Ticket Office: 03330 14 44 44
    Pitch Size: 112 x 73 yards
    Pitch Type: Grass
    Club Nickname: The Addicks
    Year Ground Opened: 1919
    Undersoil Heating: No - they have a boiler,but not connected because of some ponce by the name of roland stripping the club of its best players and not investing in the ground or anything to improve the club apart from some sort of player farm for young talent.
    Shirt Sponsors: BETDAQ
    Kit Manufacturer: Nike
    Home Kit: Red and White
    Away Kit: All Purple
    Third Kit: Blue and Black
    In all fairness he did get the drainage sorted.
  • Who wants to sit in the cold anyway lol.
  • Going to Posh for an overnight whether or not the games on as my mate coming from Southport has his train ticket already. I expect they sell beer in Peterborough. We'll make do.
  • Posh is 2 weeks away, presumably the cold spell will have passed by then anyway?
  • Sponsored links:

• Posh is 2 weeks away, presumably the cold spell will have passed by then anyway?

You would think so with normal weather conditions but this spell could be exceptional.
  • Pretty sure it was snowing when I was on the boat to Wimbledon last season.
  • A lot of nights of -s this week though.
  • AFC Wimbledon could be very dodgy with these continued -s but towards the end of the week leading to Peterborough look to go up a little bit. If snow can be shifted enough for spectators. Just as long as Blackpool stays on this time.
  • -3 and -4 during the week, fingers crossed the game is on
  • Just had a chat with an AFC fan in work. They have Blackburn tomorrow night and he believes there may be a Chelsea Ladies game as well (apparently Chelsea do more to sort those games out than Wimbledon do their own). His view is that if the weather is as expected, the game won't take place.
  • Was going to mention If there game goes ahead tomorrow it should be an indicator for Saturday, although the snowfall isn’t a concern it’s a frozen pitch I fear
  • Is Wimbledon sold out yet? Cant make Saturday but midweek is easy enough.
  • Until AFC is called off you have to plan as if it is happening on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Wimbledon sold out yet? Cant make Saturday but midweek is easy enough.

just went on the site i think it is as can no longer buy tickets on there.
  • Cheers, maybe a few will be released if it’s off
  • Just swap the game to The Valley where we have undergrou.......oh dear
  • as the Wimbledon game was on last night, i asked a mate who is a fa ref and he said he wouldn't worry about it being called off on Saturday.
  • cant see it happening if im honest, getting there may be a pain in the ass also with the trains in the condition they are.
  • cant see it happening if im honest, getting there may be a pain in the ass also with the trains in the condition they are.

They usually only ever think about the surrounding area in regards to calling it of for fan convenience rather than looking at the bigger picture
  • Gills game called off already
  • Was to supposed to go to see Edinburgh City v Cowdenbeath but cancelled my trip .Mate in Dunfermline says he is under 8 inches of snow.