Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:

that will help infoe

People shooting the messenger is even more boring than waiting for the messenger.

Take a couple of hours off charlton life and enjoy your life.

That's rich coming from u - I provide facts on here and u instantly dismiss coz there not the same as those you believe - stop sniping is something you could take on board - I can confirm that when airman said it was a done deal a few weeks ago, it wasn't but I guess we can all work that out - once again, that does not mean I'm calling him out, just that he and his source are wrong
    Do you have a source, or is it just something you've 'worked out', as a matter of interest?

I suspect that we (and I'm including you) don't know that it's not a done deal, defining 'done deal' as an agreement rather than a resolution of the deal.

It could be a 'done deal' but there are legal formalities to go through.

It might have been a 'done deal' but other potential bidders have re-entered the fray, causing Roly to backpedal on the 'done deal'.

It might have been a 'done deal' but Roly changed his mind.

It could be any of a number of other possible post 'done deal' scenarios.

The other possibility is that AB has been let down by two separate sources.

I'm quite enjoying the ride either way.
  • I wonder when this thread will hit 2 million views and 16k comments.

And the thread starter still won't get a promote.

But does it have the 'quality content' of the Prediction Thread?
  • Beware false dawns

Dawn - tie a yellow ribbon

The first post to call it right immediately the news breaks should get one..............also.

The first post to call it right immediately the news breaks should get one..............also.
    The OS will break it.
  • Can we have an official summary/bitesize thread of all the guff that isn’t takeover relateables pleasey please mr vegetarian cheese

The OS will break it.
    Remember Dodoo...
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

I wonder when this thread will hit 2 million views and 16k comments.

The OS will break it.
    Remember Dodoo...
    Ooooooooh are you about to hit us with another scoop?
  • cfgs said:

WSS said:

I wonder when this thread will hit 2 million views and 16k comments.

The OS will break it.
    Remember Dodoo...
    Ooooooooh are you about to hit us with another scoop?
    Or just saying that the OS is breaking news on a severe time lag.
  • Its ok saying that the OS will break the story first but remember they didnt when Slade got the bullet.
  • https://youtu.be/kJQP7kiw5Fk

4.8 billion views. Can't imagine why :wink:

Mmm some nice scenery, can see why it's so popular :smiley:
  • But not quickly enough

• This thread is the cynical versus the desperately hopeful.

And Jimmy Seed, poet laureate.

• Really don't care what others are feeling today - I'm keeping the faith.

Up at the crack (!) , polyfilla applied followed by full make up , hair coiffed with 2 cans of Freeze Hold hairspray, sequined boob tube & hot pants ( black/white) squeezed into - all in readiness for the CARD/WAR/B20 party of the century.

Oh, and 6 ft cake on its way for the long awaited triumphant emergence to get the celebrations underway.

@Arsenetatters - Put those chooks down & get ready to join me !

( Fingers crossed for an imminent announcement .....these hot pants are severely cutting off the blood supply.)

Fanny, would you mind if I wore hot pants at the party as well as you?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

that will help infoe

People shooting the messenger is even more boring than waiting for the messenger.

Take a couple of hours off charlton life and enjoy your life.

That's rich coming from u - I provide facts on here and u instantly dismiss coz there not the same as those you believe - stop sniping is something you could take on board - I can confirm that when airman said it was a done deal a few weeks ago, it wasn't but I guess we can all work that out - once again, that does not mean I'm calling him out, just that he and his source are wrong

It could be a 'done deal' but there are legal formalities to go through. WHICH MAY HIT SOME LEGAL HITCH - SO ITS NOT DONE

It might have been a 'done deal' but other potential bidders have re-entered the fray, causing Roly to backpedal on the 'done deal'. -THEN ITS NOT DONE

It might have been a 'done deal' but Roly changed his mind. -THEN ITS NOT DONE

It could be any of a number of other possible post 'done deal' scenarios. -THEN ITS NOT DONE!!!

The other possibility is that AB has been let down by two separate sources.

I'm quite enjoying the ride either way.
    THAT'S WHY IT'S IN QUOTATION MARKS!

As I said at the time, it might have been better to have tweeted 'Done deal' which would imply (well to me at least) 'I've been told it's a done deal'. The lack of quotation marks makes it look done and dusted, rather than something less than that. However, I suspect with Roly it's never actually a done deal until contracts are signed.

Also, 'legal formalities' implies that there can't be a hitch. i.e. it's a formality.

It's fun this though, isn't it!
  • can’t wait for the next installment of its done tune in next week kids
  • Remember what I told you all ... 15 June
  • 100% Nailed on done deal before the weekend as the Mrs wants us to go away for the weekend meaning I'll miss the party
  • edited February 2018
    >

https://youtu.be/kJQP7kiw5Fk

Is this a video of The Millers which everyone talks about on here?

• Red bull London anyone?

What do you think about a move to the peninsula?
  • cafc999 said:

Its ok saying that the OS will break the story first but remember they didnt when Slade got the bullet.

Furry muff but if one is gonna rely on this, or any other forum, to break the news of a take-over, one needs to sieve through the jokes / false news / fake news / bickering etc. imo
  • From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
    'A done deal'
    Informal. An agreement that has been made and cannot be changed.

Not being a lawyer I don't know what period of time would be acceptable between the agreement being reached, and the legal conclusion of such a deal.

However, the longer this goes on, the more nervous we get.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!