Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• And dont get me started on rucksacks on the tube. You are meant to take them off but most are so inconsiderate and dont. And the size of them. Looks like they are doing a year round Oz.

Few years back I saw a young lady at Charing Cross struggling with a suitcase. Now I'd normally offer to help but this suitcase was, and I'm genuinely not exaggerating here, as big as the woman! There was no way she was going anywhere other than through the help of others and I left her to it. For some reason it really pissed me off that she was just expecting others to help her out rather than getting a taxi or whatever.

• What gets me is during half time daytrippers travel to London after 9.30 to get cheaper fares but can travel home on commuter trains.
    Should have to travel back before 4pm or after 7pm.

And dont get me started on rucksacks on the tube. You are meant to take them off but most are so inconsiderate and dont. And the size of them. Looks like they are doing a year round Oz.

Quicker than queuing on the concourse even with the boycott....
  • What gets me is during half time daytrippers travel to London after 9.30 to get cheaper fares but can travel home on commuter trains.
    Should have to travel back before 4pm or after 7pm.

And dont get me started on rucksacks on the tube. You are meant to take them off but most are so inconsiderate and dont. And the size of them. Looks like they are doing a year round Oz.

I got my Boris "Freedom Pass " last September. After commuting for 44 years, I now come up just to piss you off !
  • Nobody caught up in Sidcup line stuff today?

Got the 7.32 from Dartford. Just at Hither Green on the same train.

They couldn’t shut a door at Bexley.
  • WSS said:

Nobody caught up in Sidcup line stuff today?

You must have been livid, I can see you now...

• WSS said:

Nobody caught up in Sidcup line stuff today?

Yup, gave up waiting at Lee and bussed it to Lewisham.
  • left home at half 6, I missed bus to New Eltham, so got bus to Eltham instead to find out the 7.01 was cancelled. got the 7.04 to Victoria and a bus up Park Lane and got to work at just gone 8. It felt v long, but sounds like i might have had a better journey than some!
  • MrLargo said:

By 9.30am I’d already covered the full spectrum of emotions since leaving the house this morning.

First of all, the usual combination of rage, disgust and loathing as I wedged myself onto the late-running 8.30 service from St Johns to Cannon Street. I don’t usually get this one, and was surprised to find that the stupid c*%ts at South Eastern would run an 8 carriage train at the height of the rush hour. It was dangerously overcrowded and, as we enjoyed the view of Millwall’s ground from our stationary train, I also got to witness one bloke trying to help his missus not faint while other passengers tried to comfort a woman who seemed to be on the verge of having a panic attack. Obviously it goes without saying that we received no apology or explanation for the delay or the overcrowding. By the time we made it to Cannon Street I was seething with fury. One of the South Eastern gimps was letting people through a gate next to the barriers, but checking tickets as they went through. So I walked through and made a point of not showing my ticket, and he shouted something at me as I disappeared into the distance. That is what I’m reduced to these days, token minor acts of defiance.

Anyway, from anger to ecstasy when I got to work. For the 12 years I’ve been with my current employer, there has been constant speculation regarding the fact that the lease on our Kingsway office is up in 2019, and we’re obliged to find new premises. Today we found out where our new home will be from Summer 2019 – Canary Wharf.

I have a number of options to cover the 3.6 mile journey from St Johns to CW.

1. I can stroll down to Deptford Bridge or Elverson Road, 12-14 minutes on the DLR.
    2. I could cycle down to Greenwich and through the foot tunnel.
    3. I could wander down to the river and jump on the Thames Clipper
    4. If it’s a really nice day, I could just walk it in about 45 minutes.

I’m not sure which option I’ll go for, but what I won’t be doing is mortgaging my internal organs to pay for an extortionate season ticket on C%*tEastern Trains just for the right to use their shitehouse semi-mobile misery cages anymore.

Today is a day for triumph, a day for kissing and hugging people that you wouldn’t normally kiss and hug. Well that’s what I thought, but apparently that can actually be construed as indecent assault and under no circumstances am allowed to make physical contact with the attractive Lithuanian receptionist, no matter how “celebratory” I’m feeling.

All I'll say is this... BRACE YOURSELF

I don't know how they'll do it but SouthEastern will know when your last week is, and they'll make it hell

Three years ago when I previously stopped using them, my last week was absolute hell, three of my trains home that week didnt get me through my front door till gone 9pm (I was supposed to get home by 7pm)
    I refer to this post... today is my last day in London before I return to Orpington

For the last three months, trains between London and Strood have encountered delays, but nothing too bad

Today there is disruption @ Dartford Station (Power has been cut off whilst Emergency Services attend) which is likely to be until 5pm (We all know the issue will be for much longer) - As I said in my quoted post...

THEY KNOW!!
  • The train I am on smells really strongly of petrol. That's a new one for south eastern.

Least I think I'm starting to get high off the fumes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Exactly 29 cunting mins late so I can't even claim back my £2.30 off my 4 grand season ticket.

£2.30 times all the bodies on the train = a big bonus for someone. Some believe s•”the@stern to be incompetent- not so - that sort of timing takes rare skill. If there was a fiver in it for them they’d apply those skills to running the best service possible within railtrack’s crumbling facility but they much prefer being the cuntingmost inconvenience possible within the laughably lax structure of their superprofitable contract.
  • I wonder what % of people can actually be arsed to claim it back anyway?
  • Fuck this commute. It's only two stops Lee to London Bridge (five if you get the Cannon Street train) - how is it always so bloody late?
  • I wonder what % of people can actually be arsed to claim it back anyway?

As I understand it, if it's Network Rail's fault - so a signal failure, points failure, damaged track etc - then Network Rail pay South Eastern the compensation, and South Eastern just pocket whatever isn't claimed by passengers.

I'd say it takes about 10 minutes from start to finish to find the webpage, scan your ticket, fill the form in, etc. Who's got time to do that when they've just arrived at work 40 minutes late?!

Tossers.
  • MrLargo said:

I wonder what % of people can actually be arsed to claim it back anyway?

As I understand it, if it's Network Rail's fault - so a signal failure, points failure, damaged track etc - then Network Rail pay South Eastern the compensation, and South Eastern just pocket whatever isn't claimed by passengers.

I'd say it takes about 10 minutes from start to finish to find the webpage, scan your ticket, fill the form in, etc. Who's got time to do that when they've just arrived at work 40 minutes late?!

Tossers.
    I make a point of making sure I do it whenever possible. I pay enough for the ticket that if the service is shite I deserve some form of compensation. In my head it's not only about the money it's about missing them off by making them actually do some work.

What is a farce that most networks delay repay system starts from 15 mins late and increases at 30 mins and then the hour late. If that was the case I'd be claiming 4 or 5 times a week. Although they would find a way to make sure it was only 14 mins late I'm sure.

I did find, a while back, a website that recorded all the late trains and their times so you could just search for your line and claim your delay repay as if you were on that train. It was shut down before I returned to work.
  • If you claim often on Delay Repay I imagine that, like me, you will become increasingly frustrated that you have to enter the 5-digit number, the 8-digit number and the photocard number from your season ticket each and every time you claim. This in spite of the fact that you also have to provide them with a scanned copy of your ticket which includes all these details. You also have an account on their website which you would imagine could also be used to store these details, bearing in mind that they aren't going to change all fucking year but oh no, that would be far too simple and helpful to their customers.

C-U-N-T-S!!!!!!
  • I was doing my delay and repay the other day and claiming the wonderful amount of £6 for having yet another evening cut short by 30+ minutes by the charlatans when I noticed their headline that their customer survey reviews were pleasing given that 8 out of 10 southeastern customers are apparently satisfied with the service.

Must just be me and a minority on here that are dissatisfied. An Internet message board thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Train reduced from 12 to 8 carriages with no warning or explanation. Not a seat to be had for love nor money. This'll be fun by the time we get to Bromley South. Fml
  • Train reduced from 12 to 8 carriages with no warning or explanation. Not a seat to be had for love nor money. This'll be fun by the time we get to Bromley South. Fml

I think I can explain this Canters. I would imagine that they have cut the number of carriages on a significant proportion of their services this week, so that they can then return them to their normal level next week and call it "an increase".

C%*ts.
  • both toilets on my train home last night were out of order, I had to get off at Blackheath for a piss.

• You also need to be wary of what carriages they replace them with. At the start of this year, SE replaced our 8 carriage train with 10 carriage trains. But the new carriages all had half the number of seats so overall we have a ~40% seating capacity reduction on the longer trains.

CUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • regarding the toilets, up to 90% of them are out of order due to some health and safety reason, so kindly take a seat if you can find one and piss yourself.
  • Quality service out of Cannon Street tonight.
  • both toilets on my train home last night were out of order, I had to get off at Blackheath for a piss.

Every time I get of a train at orpington and the toilet is locked I look straight at the camera and have a piss.

Fuck em if the toilet where the fuck am I meant to piss
  • Quality service out of Cannon Street tonight.

Went for a couple of drinks after work, arrived at Cannon Street and it was like a scene from 28 Days Later with people just staring at screens. Luckily my train came in quickly and as I was stuck at the back of the zombie hoards, I got straight through the barriers, on the train and in a seat!