Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Head Teacher @ The Hundred of Hoo has sadly passed away

I remember this guy coming in as a fresh faced science teacher as I was leaving the Hundred of Hoo. Very sad.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/tributes-to-hoo-head-teacher-160080/

Comments

• He hanged himself.

Apparently he had had a troubled time recently at home, had been banned from driving and may even have been demoted professionally and seems, in his eyes anyway, this was his only way out.

Sad times when someone literally cannot see a way out of a situation
  • Swisdom said:

He hanged himself.

Apparently he had had a troubled time recently at home, had been banned from driving and may even have been demoted professionally and seems, in his eyes anyway, this was his only way out.

Sad times when someone literally cannot see a way out of a situation

I heard the same, unsure if this is true but apparently he was suspended last week after it being discovered he was in a relationship with a student.
  • Very sad. Both my girls attended Hoo and would have known him. They will be very upset.

RIP
  • Very sad.

But and this will Probably take my flag count up but its how i feel.

If the above comment is true my sadness turns to gladness.

IF he was in a relationship with a student then he doesnt deserve to live as a father to a daughter the less paedos in this world the better.

I have stated IF,

If its rumours and not true then of course it is sad for him and his family as a sufferer of mental health(and someone who has attempted my own life on a number of ocassions) I know how hard it can be when you are in that postion were the only thing u can think of is to end it all
  • Sometimes it’s better to just say nothing Paulie

In your opinon
    But you choose to say that.

I choose to speak my mind and not keep things bottled inside, one of the things my therapist told me to do.

In your opinon

I choose to speak my mind and not keep things bottled inside, one of the things my therapist told me to do.
    Times and places though mate.
    And yet no one has told sterling addick he shouldnt have mentioned it.

He mentioned something i made a comment about it, dont see the issue
  • Sponsored links:

In your opinon

Times and places though mate.
    And yet no one has told sterling addick he shouldnt have mentioned it.

He mentioned something i made a comment about it, dont see the issue
    Fellas,

I obviously didn't want to cause a debate by opening this thread, and the only reason I opened it was because like myself, I know a few people who went to that school either at the same time as me or post my time there who are on this site and I wanted to note it.

I'm a firm believer in everyone having their right to say what they feel and I don't judge what anyone says on here, it's a free country.

I will however apologise to anyone who thinks the thread was in bad taste, and not before long it will be buried anyway, so no hard feelings.

S.A

In your opinon

Did your therapist also tell you to think before you speak your mind ?
    You'll get yourself in to a whole of trouble if you just blurt out everything in your head without sensor.
  • Ok I'm gonna go a bit Paulie here and speak my mind... If it's a suicide I feel somewhat relieved. Don't know about anyone else but it really freaks me out when young(er) people die suddenly without any real warning... and I know it can and does happen, but when it actually does and you hear about it it just hits me.
  • Talal said:

Ok I'm gonna go a bit Paulie here and speak my mind... If it's a suicide I feel somewhat relieved. Don't know about anyone else but it really freaks me out when young(er) people die suddenly without any real warning... and I know it can and does happen, but when it actually does and you hear about it it just hits me.

Know what you mean... We're all marked to die at some stage - Its going to happen and we cant shy away from that fact

Unless its suicide or illness its likely that you'll live to a nice old age... Yet when someone does die naturally at such a young age it does hit home that being young and healthy is no guarantee you'll get to that old age
  • The name of the village Hundred of Hoo derives from Anglo-Saxon. The village is on the Hoo Penninsular and a "hundred" is a measurement of farmland.

I found this strange on moving down, what with the quaint customs, regarding Stella Artois, twenty bags and Staffordshire Bull Terriers...

All very sad, whatever the story is.
  • se9addick said:

There's a school called "The Hundred of Hoo" that parents actually send their children to?

I'd be pretty unimpressed if I turned up and the kids didn't all look like Dr Seuss characters.
  • Suicide is the most common cause of death for men aged 20 to 49.
  • The name of the village Hundred of Hoo derives from Anglo-Saxon. The village is on the Hoo Penninsular and a "hundred" is a measurement of farmland.

I found this strange on moving down, what with the quaint customs, regarding Stella Artois, twenty bags and Staffordshire Bull Terriers...

not necessarily, Paulie reckons he was a nonce
  • Sponsored links:

not necessarily, Paulie reckons he was a nonce
    Hold up i never said that.

I said a number of times IF what sterling addick said was true
  • It's a very sad story. I know he was phenomenally dedicated to his work, and very highly thought of by many.

Speculating about the cause and reasons for his death at this stage seems inappropriate. Whatever happened, everybody will find out in due course.

As for @paulie8290 's comments, some people on this thread have offered you some good advice, Paulie. Now may be one of those occasions where it's best to take the time to reflect on that advice.
  • edited March 2018
    Posting as some people said they remember him.

• Really very sad indeed. Probably worth posting not just for people who might know him but as encouragement to everyone to speak out if you are having mental health issues or suffering from depression.
  • A tragic story. Both my girls remember him from their schooldays at HOH.