Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rochdale Advanced Train Tickets-5/5/18 -17.30 kick off

Tickets now available on Virgin East coast.
Dep Kings Cross 09.03 Arr Rochdale 12.41 £16.50 [£10.90]
Dep Kings Cross 09.35 Arr Rochdale 13.25
Dep Kings Cross 11.35 Arr Rochdale 15.25

Dep Rochdale 09.28 Arr Kings Cross 13.31 £24.00 [£15.85]
Change at Leeds in both directions.
Railcard fares in brackets.

Virgin West Coast have not yet released tickets for these days but the fares will be a bit more expensive.
The last train from Manchester Piccadilly is 20.35 which will be extremely tight to make after the game.

Comments

• Why the kick off time?
  • All Div 1 games kick-off at 17.30 for tv reasons.

• Why the kick off time?

I think they do it as its League one last game of the season to give it a bit of exposure rather than get lost with prem, championship at 3 kick offs.
  • gonna hold out on this one, have a hotel booked for 8 of us on free cancellation in Manchester, pretty good location, but will weigh up whether we cba or not closer to the time, a cracking night of boxing on that night also ggg vs alvarez aswell as haye vs bellew.
  • like that the efl have given us exposure, but would of been much better as early kick offs

as most games wont end till the very earliest 7.20pm. unless your playing a london side its an almost have to stay overnight situation.
  • gonna hold out on this one, have a hotel booked for 8 of us on free cancellation in Manchester, pretty good location, but will weigh up whether we cba or not closer to the time, a cracking night of boxing on that night also ggg vs alvarez aswell as haye vs bellew.

Doing the same thing. Hoping to convince someone to drive to either Manchester or at least half the way and will try and find a cheap return train the following day.
  • clive said:

All Div 1 games kick-off at 17.30 for tv reasons.

This one is more painful than the 12.15 start at Blackpool, and that mean four trains from London and leaving Bromley at 2am in the morning.

• Why the kick off time?

I wish I lived in Sheffield.
  • Sponsored links:

• All booked for a weekend in Manchester, Noel Gallagher gig on the Friday

Anyone that lives near Southend Airport the flights are 50 minutes and well cheap

We are going up by train and flying back

How much are the flights are what airline is it.
  • redbuttle said:

All booked for a weekend in Manchester, Noel Gallagher gig on the Friday

Anyone that lives near Southend Airport the flights are 50 minutes and well cheap

Monarch for £20
    Funny that. I can’t find their website
  • From my experience of Rochdale by the time game ends it's just over an hour till the London train at Manchester. Long walk to Rochdale station. Too tight I'm afraid.
  • Anything worthwhile to do on a night out in Rochdale or nearby Oldham?
  • redbuttle said:

redbuttle said:

All booked for a weekend in Manchester, Noel Gallagher gig on the Friday

Monarch for £20
    Funny that. I can’t find their website
    Sorry, I should not have shown my poor humour.

You're welcome to add a flag to my collection.
  • cafctom said:

Anything worthwhile to do on a night out in Rochdale or nearby Oldham?

There is a Samuel Smiths next to Rochdale station.

VERY cheap.
  • cafctom said:

Anything worthwhile to do on a night out in Rochdale or nearby Oldham?

There is a Samuel Smiths next to Rochdale station.

VERY cheap.
    'The Corporation Inn'.
  • Virgin West Coast have now released Advance Tickets for 5th/6th May.
    £23.00 [£15.20] for most journeys from Euston to Manchester Piccadilly & the same fares for the 20.35 return journey on Saturday 5th.
    On Sunday 6th May the fares are £33.00 [£21.80] until 13.15 when they come down to £23.00 [£15.80]
  • clive said:

Virgin West Coast have now released Advance Tickets for 5th/6th May.
    £23.00 [£15.20] for most journeys from Euston to Manchester Piccadilly & the same fares for the 20.35 return journey on Saturday 5th.
    On Sunday 6th May the fares are £33.00 [£21.80] until 13.15 when they come down to £23.00 [£15.80]

Nice one Clive. Just booked mine up - 08.35 on the Saturday and back on the 13.15 on Sunday.
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:

Nice one Clive. Just booked mine up - 08.35 on the Saturday and back on the 13.15 on Sunday.
    F@ck me your starting early on the Saturday
  • clb74 said:

clive said:

I should be well tanked up by half 5.
  • clb74 said:

clive said:

I should be well tanked up by half 5.
    You spelt tanked wrong.
  • Not bumping for any particular reason other than I thought it would be very Charlton to have three train threads on the first page.
  • Four now, don't miss the Charlton Life mega deal.
  • What you gonna do for entertainment in Rochdale though?
  • Get drunk.

Got tickets for Noel G and 2 decent clubs as well as Haye v Bellew on the box.

I'm not gonna let the football ruin my weekend
  • 5 of us going and back on last train from Manchester -£22 Return
  • 5 of us going and back on last train from Manchester -£22 Return

You'll need to make sure you have a taxi laid on immediately after the game. It will be very tight getting back for that.