Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

German Football Grounds and Matches.

Hi just wondered if anyone had been to any German grounds/ matches, what the ticket prices were,like , how easy were they to get hold of , accomodation etc, things,to do in the area , I’ve just done the Nou Camp stadium tour with a match ,with my son, and we both loved it, the hotel we’re staying at is a 10 minute walk from the ground, so something pretty similar I guess.

Comments

• @Mendonca In Asdas @SwissADDICK

You're using the activity page @SwissADDICK but @Mendonca In Asdas won't know your messages are there (he should now).

Best to use the "inbox" facility.
  • Dortmund is good i would recommend going near xmas as they have the xmas markets, also depending on how fixtures pan out schalke is pretty close and dusseldorf so could take a few games in, dortmund itself is a bit of dump tbh.
  • You can find the ticket prices on this webside: http://www.general-anzeiger-bonn.de/sport/fussball/national/So-teuer-ist-der-Besuch-in-den-Bundesliga-Stadien-article3628320.html. To get tickets it is worth to try the club's own online ticket shops. But be aware that the confimation of the exact date and kick off time is sometimes on short notice. December isn't bad if you like to visit a christmas market. If you want something similar to the Octoberfest in Munich try the Cannstatter Wasen in Stuttgart. http://www.wasen.de/
  • Been to see Hertha Berlin a few times, ticket prices very favourable when compared to England, at Berlin I recall the ticket cost also allows for travel to the stadium from the City. Get there a few hours before the game as there are plenty of places to eat and drink with the locals, we pitched up in Charlton shirts and the fans were very welcoming, once in the stadium there are plenty of places to grab a beer and something to eat, and reasonably priced as well. If you make a weekend of it, do the stadium tour the day before, the Olympic Stadium is like a tardis, behind the scenes its huge and well worth a tour.
  • edited February 2018

Dortmund is good i would recommend going near xmas as they have the xmas markets, also depending on how fixtures pan out schalke is pretty close and dusseldorf so could take a few games in, dortmund itself is a bit of dump tbh.

This is a really good shout. Go in late Nov or early Dec to take in the Xmas markets. I'd put Berlin, Hanover, Hamburg, Munich, Düsseldorf, Nuremberg, Cologne all above Dortmund for the markets and they all have teams in either the top flight or second tier of German football.
  • PeteF said:

Been to see Hertha Berlin a few times, ticket prices very favourable when compared to England, at Berlin I recall the ticket cost also allows for travel to the stadium from the City. Get there a few hours before the game as there are plenty of places to eat and drink with the locals, we pitched up in Charlton shirts and the fans were very welcoming, once in the stadium there are plenty of places to grab a beer and something to eat, and reasonably priced as well. If you make a weekend of it, do the stadium tour the day before, the Olympic Stadium is like a tardis, behind the scenes its huge and well worth a tour.

This. Was over there over the weekend and did the tour. Place is ginormous, really impressive stadium and very welcoming.
  • Hamburgs stadium is awesome would highly recommend it, great city plus if timed correctly you could do a double header with FC St Pauli
  • Watching St Pauli is amazing if you can get a standing ticket. I went in the Sud Kurve, which is where the ultras are and it is non-stop singing, drinking and smoking weed for 90 minutes or more. And £10 to get in, though those tickets are hard to come by. I got lucky being offered a ticket in a bar beforehand. The people are incredibly friendly and the atmosphere puts the Premier League to shame.

And as Bigbadbozman has said, Hamburg is a great city.
  • Within a 30 minute train ride you have Cologne, Bayer Leverkusen and Dusseldorf. Been to Cologne and Bayer Leverkusen's grounds, never been to Dusseldorf's ground but the city is fantastic especially the Konigsalle and the old town.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hamburgs stadium is awesome would highly recommend it, great city plus if timed correctly you could do a double header with FC St Pauli

Be aware St Pauli is very close to the Reeperbahn.....
  • PeteF said:

Been to see Hertha Berlin a few times, ticket prices very favourable when compared to England, at Berlin I recall the ticket cost also allows for travel to the stadium from the City. Get there a few hours before the game as there are plenty of places to eat and drink with the locals, we pitched up in Charlton shirts and the fans were very welcoming, once in the stadium there are plenty of places to grab a beer and something to eat, and reasonably priced as well. If you make a weekend of it, do the stadium tour the day before, the Olympic Stadium is like a tardis, behind the scenes its huge and well worth a tour.

This. Was over there over the weekend and did the tour. Place is ginormous, really impressive stadium and very welcoming.
    Could not believe the size of the place underneath, the warm up area and the changing rooms... brilliant tour
  • edited February 2018

Hamburgs stadium is awesome would highly recommend it, great city plus if timed correctly you could do a double header with FC St Pauli

And the Reeperbahn of course!

PS: From a cultural and educational perspective that is!!
  • Within a 30 minute train ride you have Cologne, Bayer Leverkusen and Dusseldorf. Been to Cologne and Bayer Leverkusen's grounds, never been to Dusseldorf's ground but the city is fantastic especially the Konigsalle and the old town.

Düsseldorf good stadium (although I saw England lose 3-1 there v Holland in Euro 88 when I was in RAF out there) and as you say, a top city also.
    Germany full stop really takes some beating to be fair. Great country.

Düsseldorf good stadium (although I saw England lose 3-1 there v Holland in Euro 88 when I was in RAF out there) and as you say, a top city also.
    Germany full stop really takes some beating to be fair. Great country.
    Totally agree..apart from regular visits through work and our annual conference that moves around the place, they do have it sorted.
  • Vincenzo said:

Watching St Pauli is amazing if you can get a standing ticket. I went in the Sud Kurve, which is where the ultras are and it is non-stop singing, drinking and smoking weed for 90 minutes or more. And £10 to get in, though those tickets are hard to come by. I got lucky being offered a ticket in a bar beforehand. The people are incredibly friendly and the atmosphere puts the Premier League to shame.

And as Bigbadbozman has said, Hamburg is a great city.

Altona 93 in Hamburg is also well worth a visit. They currently play in the Regionalliga Nord (equivalent to the National League) although likely to get relegated at the end of this season. Very friendly bunch there, great old school stadium (catch it while you can as it’s been sold for development) and in a nice part of a great city.