Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Options
    1-1 HT. Ronaldo getting his 100th champions league goal for Madrid in his 95th game!
    Still not sure how a side of Real's stature has a player like Nacho at right back, he looks out of his depth.

Liverpool cruising 2-0 up away at Porto
  • Options
    Really impressed by Rabiot for PSG. Bossed the whole game.
  • Options
    Liverpool 4-0 up in portugual
  • Options
    How Madrid are 3-1 up I’ll never know
  • Options
    Two goals in three minutes for Real Madrid, takes the game away from PSG.
  • Options
    5-0 Liverpool.

They've scored 25 goals in their last 5 champions league matches!
  • Options

Two goals in three minutes for Real Madrid, takes the game away from PSG.

Not really... 2-0 win for PSG back in Paris is very manageable
  • Options

Quite fancy Madrid to get a good result tonight, especially as the CL is all they have left to fight for.

Also whilst PSG have destroyed everyone in their home games, they've sometimes struggled in big away games this season, needing a last gasp goal to draw at Marseille and were beaten at both Lyon and Bayern.

Called it.

Real always pull it out on a big Champions league night.

They definitely need to score in Paris though, as i can't see how they're not going to concede at least 2 against an all out PSG attack
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Real have been so inconsistent this season, losing to many teams of a lesser calibre than PSG, that I would say that the tie is far from over.
  • Options
    Lovely strike by Willian puts Chelsea 1 up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m certainly starting to think we’re entering an era of PL dominance again
  • Options
    I hope Robbo is watching how Chelsea have set themselves up to defend. Barca, with all their possession, are just passing around the edges. Masterclass so far
  • Options
    Shocking defending. Clinical from Barca
  • Options
    Come on Barca get the winner now
  • Options
    Chelsea were bloody brilliant tonight. How the hell is that the same team taken apart by Watford and Bournemouth for Christ’s sake?

Shame they switched off for a split second.

Hmm I must be coming down with a fever!
  • Options
    Mourinho in the Champions League.... yawn another 0-0
  • Options

Mourinho in the Champions League.... yawn another 0-0

After all the excitement last week, Man U bring things back down to earth!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Chelsea were bloody brilliant tonight. How the hell is that the same team taken apart by Watford and Bournemouth for Christ’s sake?

Shame they switched off for a split second.

Hmm I must be coming down with a fever!

Football is a funny old game. How can Real Madrid get knocked out of the cup by losing at home to Leganes but then go and beat PSG?

Can only be motivation for Chelsea. They know the league is gone so it's perhaps harder to get up for a game v Bournemouth. But on a big champions league night v Barca, players probably don't need motivating for games like that.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    So Liverpool and Man City are pretty much through to the last eight already. Both are well past 99% of the way there.

Man U and Spurs look like strong possibilities. Man U at around 60% chance and Spurs at around 70% chance.

Chelsea aren't totally out of the picture either - although they'd have to do pretty well to get a draw away at Barcelona IMO. They're rated at around a 20% chance.

Five British teams in the quarter final draw potentially? Alongside Bayern, Madrid/PSG and Roma/Shakhtar.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    If all the favourites go through, the last eight looks like this:

Liverpool
    Real Madrid
    Spurs
    Man City
    Barcelona
    Bayern Munich
    Man U
    Shakhtar/Roma (coin flip odds)

And I don't believe teams from the same country are kept apart in the quarters, they never used to be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PSG/Real is tough to call. Can easily see PSG getting 2-3 goals at home, it's just whether they can keep it tight at the other end.

Don't think it'll be easy for Man U. Can see Sevilla getting an away goal.
  • Options

If all the favourites go through, the last eight looks like this:

Liverpool
    Real Madrid
    Spurs
    Man City
    Barcelona
    Bayern Munich
    Man U
    Shakhtar/Roma (coin flip odds)

And I don't believe teams from the same country are kept apart in the quarters, they never used to be.

If we get all five teams in the Quarters then they cant all be kept apart as there are only four ties
  • Options
    I’d put my house on Spurs meeting Liverpool (if Spurs get through) after the chaos of that game at Anfield a few weeks ago!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I’d put my house on Spurs meeting Liverpool (if Spurs get through) after the chaos of that game at Anfield a few weeks ago!

Dunno... Liverpool v Chelsea perhaps as those who fix the draws seem to think that a tie played 20 / 30-years ago will have the same drama this time round toi

Could have Liverpool v Man Utd or Spurs v Cheĺsea too

Regardless though Id be surprised if Chelsea scored in Barcelona
  • Options
    Every club will be praying they get Shakhtar or Roma though
  • Options
    As an aside will Arsenal copy what Man U did last season and really go for it in the Europa league, as it must be their best chance of getting in the CL next season?
  • Options

As an aside will Arsenal copy what Man U did last season and really go for it in the Europa league, as it must be their best chance of getting in the CL next season?

They'll have to do so without Aubamayang - he played for Dortmund in the Champions League Group Stages and is now classed as cup-tied because Dortmund have dropped into the Europa League. They can play Mkhitaryan because United have are still in the Champions League.

On paper, only Atletico Madrid are better than them I'd say, although Milan, Dortmund and RB Leipzig amongst others are all capable of causing problems.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    MrLargo said:

They'll have to do so without Aubamayang - he played for Dortmund in the Champions League Group Stages and is now classed as cup-tied because Dortmund have dropped into the Europa League. They can play Mkhitaryan because United have are still in the Champions League.

On paper, only Atletico Madrid are better than them I'd say, although Milan, Dortmund and RB Leipzig amongst others are all capable of causing problems.
    Yes, the cup tied rules are a bit odd in that respect. Aubamayang has played no games in the EL, and played for a team which never played a EL match when he was there, yet is cuptied.

Whereas Sanchez and Mkhitaryan are able to effectively swap competitions as both clubs stayed in their respective competitions!
  • Options
    Neymar almost certainly ruled out of the 2nd leg with a fractured metatarsal.

Huge boost for Madrid.
  • Options

Neymar almost certainly ruled out of the 2nd leg with a fractured metatarsal.

Huge boost for Madrid.

Be interesting if he's even fit for the World Cup