Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 2017/18

Comments

• edited February 2018
    The Super Bowl...mic'd up!

Really interesting watching this back. Even just the first minute or two with the ref talking to the Quarterbacks.
    Great mutual respect. Can you imagine how that conversation goes in the Premier League?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpv3jqmYRjk
  • Fascinating watching the interactions/conversations between the players and the coaches/refs during the 2 Eagles TD reviews.

Plus the play calling for the Foles TD and then the reactions of everyone after the play.
  • That pause after Foles asks "Do you want Philly Philly?" - absolutely legendary. Will go down as an all-time great play.
  • edited February 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

That pause after Foles asks "Do you want Philly Philly?" - absolutely legendary. Will go down as an all-time great play.

'Philly Special, Philly Special.'

Ravens excluded, I think that might just be my all-time favourite Superbowl moment.
  • Jimmy Garoppolo getting PAID in SF. Kirk is clearly a cautionary tale for franchise tagging a QB.

There's going to be a huge increase in QB wages, especially with the likes of Aaron Rodgers due to negotiate etc.
  • edited February 2018
    Big hire yesterday from the Vikings, Defilippo (however it’s spelt) the Philly QB coach, was likely going to be their new OC if Reich leaves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't see the Jags getting to a Superbowl with Bortles as QB.
  • Marcus Peters traded to the Rams

I've never seen such unity among the Chiefs fans. Haven't seen 1 person anything less than pissed off. Bonkers decision.
  • Marcus Peters traded to the Rams

I've never seen such unity among the Chiefs fans. Haven't seen 1 person anything less than pissed off. Bonkers decision.

I've read that it comes down to Peters wanting to take the knee during the national anthem and Clark Hunt being a staunch conservative. No other theory makes any sense.

• Can't see the Jags getting to a Superbowl with Bortles as QB.
    Rejoice @PaddyP17, rejoice.
  • MrOneLung said:

Can't see the Jags getting to a Superbowl with Bortles as QB.
    Rejoice @PaddyP17, rejoice.
    "Can't see the Jags getting to a Super Bowl with Bortles as QB"?!?!?!?!?

It is only stupid play calling that stopped it from being the case *this* year!

Anyway, as far as his contract goes, I'm going to assume that it's structured so he has way less of a cap hit this year than he was due ($19m), and that allows us to franchise tag AR15. Equally, I wouldn't be surprised if there's probably a way for us to cut him in 2019 if necessary with less guaranteed money.

Basically, we were always gonna start him this year, and this is a move that gives wiggle room in free agency/other extensions.

I like it.
  • Vikings are letting Keenum go and going hard after Cousins going by the latest rumours. I personally really like that plus the possibility of Teddy’s contract tolling over.

I wonder who is gonna make the mistake of giving Keenum 20m+ a year.
  • Vikings are letting Keenum go and going hard after Cousins going by the latest rumours. I personally really like that plus the possibility of Teddy’s contract tolling over.

Cleveland should be good for it

If Cousins wants to have a legitimate shot at a Superbowl then the Vikings should be his only choice.
  • There’s an official combine stream on YouTube for anyone else stuck in in this weather, at the minute it’s OL slogging our 5’3 40s but the running backs are also running today.
  • There’s an official combine stream on YouTube for anyone else stuck in in this weather, at the minute it’s OL slogging our 5’3 40s but the running backs are also running today.

Wouldn't want to get in their way though! Kolton Miller looks terrifying
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:

There’s an official combine stream on YouTube for anyone else stuck in in this weather, at the minute it’s OL slogging our 5’3 40s but the running backs are also running today.

Wouldn't want to get in their way though! Kolton Miller looks terrifying
    Very athletic but I’ve seen a few scouts on twitter say he could be overdrafted because of it, round 2-3 seems to be the consensus.
  • Sounds like the Ravens are keen on Lamar Jackson as a QB and I really really hope they trade for Landry. He's perfect for them.

Ridley or Orlando Brown projected first pick for the Ravens. Brown's dad played for the Ravens, also as an OT.
  • Baker Mayfield is saying he's the man to turn round the Browns, personally I think Mayfield would suit them perfectly because he's actually pretty shit from what I have seen.

Didn't know than Shequan (sp) Barkley is the nephew of Iran 'Blade' Barkley. Bought back some happy memories of Nigel Benn taking him to school!!!
  • Sounds like the Ravens are keen on Lamar Jackson as a QB and I really really hope they trade for Landry. He's perfect for them.

Ridley or Orlando Brown projected first pick for the Ravens. Brown's dad played for the Ravens, also as an OT.

Unlikely anyone will take Brown that high after today, one of the worst combines ever.

Unlikely anyone will take Brown that high after today, one of the worst combines ever.
    Yeah, by his own admission he did not perform well. Could be a sneaky draft in the lower rounds if he falls.
  • Saquon Barkley stealing the show.

Amazing. Wait for the Browns to ruin him.

Injured within 6 games never to be seen again!!!

Seriously though the bloke is a beast i look forward to watching him next season

Hoping the Browns take him 1st pick
  • edited March 2018
    cafcbrown said:

Saquon Barkley stealing the show.

Hoping the Browns take him 1st pick
    I think they should but there's talk of them trading down.