Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PC Brigade strike again!

What a sad country we are starting to live in when this happens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-42989671

Comments

• ridiculous as usual, whilst a lot of bad things in this country are on the rise good things like this are stopped.
  • Admin:

When I started this thread I did not get the drop down box option for the category to post it in. I tried three times and gave up so feel free to move it.
  • I am not so sure this is about H&S, if he is standing in the middle of the road and is visible he has done his job, it is then down to the drivers to obey what is on his lollipop.

I get the feeling this is about contact with the kids.
  • I must remember to have some coconuts placed in my coffin for a last laugh.
  • edited February 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

Nothing about being PC there, just jobsworth dicks

My thoughts exactly.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm more angered by that driver parked on the pavement on a yellow. Cheeky sod.
  • Curb_It said:

I'm more angered by that driver parked on the pavement on a yellow. Cheeky sod.

Might be the photographer
  • Nearly as good as when someone claimed closing the topless women thread was PC gone mad. Obviously hadn't been using the internet for very long.
  • Nothing to do with so called PC and just shows how meaningless the term has now become

I am not so sure this is about H&S, if he is standing in the middle of the road and is visible he has done his job, it is then down to the drivers to obey what is on his lollipop.

I get the feeling this is about contact with the kids.

But it says he can high five the kids when they on the pavement.
  • Ridiculous. Nothing to do with PC though.
  • All a bit silly, and nothing to do with being polite to others
  • Sponsored links:

• What a sad country we are starting to live in when this happens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-42989671

Ridiculous but still struggling to see the PC connection, Mike.

Are you Donald Trump? Fake news. Sad.
  • edited February 2018
    As mentioned nothing to do with Political Correctness and I don't know where you got that idea from apart from a knee-jerk reaction. It sounds more like dickheads in cars don't want to wait the extra few seconds.

At its core its really sad for the children. Especially as mentioned if they're on the spectrum and this is part of a routine for them. And also, as a 31 year old adult, I wish people gave me more high fives in passing. Hopefully sense is seen and he can go back to giving the kids high gives soon.
  • @eaststandmike Is currently thinking, why did I post this and why did I use the term "PC".
  • robroy said:

@eaststandmike Is currently thinking, why did I post this and why did I use the term "PC".

Substitute H&S for PC and we’re back on track
  • SDAddick said:

As mentioned nothing to do with Political Correctness and I don't know where you got that idea from apart from a knee-jerk reaction. It sounds more like dickheads in cars don't want to wait the extra few seconds.

At its core its really sad for the children. Especially as mentioned if they're on the spectrum and this is part of a routine for them. And also, as a 21 year old adult, I wish people gave me more high fives in passing. Hopefully sense is seen and he can go back to giving the kids high gives soon.

Hmmm if total strangers attempted to high five me in passing they would be given a very wide berth. Even people I knew would be given the stare!
  • bobmunro said:

SDAddick said:

At its core its really sad for the children. Especially as mentioned if they're on the spectrum and this is part of a routine for them. And also, as a 21 year old adult, I wish people gave me more high fives in passing. Hopefully sense is seen and he can go back to giving the kids high gives soon.

Hmmm if total strangers attempted to high five me in passing they would be given a very wide berth. Even people I knew would be given the stare!
    It's a cultural difference thing though. Unless they're shouting the name of a sports team I'm 100% in.
  • SDAddick said:

bobmunro said:

SDAddick said:

It's a cultural difference thing though. Unless they're shouting the name of a sports team I'm 100% in.
    Yes, very much a cultural difference.
  • bobmunro said:

SDAddick said:

So would you prefer a fist pump? @bobmunro
  • robroy said:

@eaststandmike Is currently thinking, why did I post this and why did I use the term "PC".

I hope my pit girls avatar gets a reaction.
  • edited February 2018

bobmunro said:

SDAddick said:

So would you prefer a fist pump? @bobmunro
    A nod, a ‘good morning, or perhaps a firm but short handshake!

Followed by ‘yo the man!’.