Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Celebrities That Are Still Alive

Comments

• Michael effing Macintyre - at least 90 years past his sell by date, mystifying he achieved any level of celebrity, equally mystifying he still walks among us, wasting oxygen.

He makes me laugh.
  • Riviera said:

Michael effing Macintyre - at least 90 years past his sell by date, mystifying he achieved any level of celebrity, equally mystifying he still walks among us, wasting oxygen.

He makes me laugh.
    He's not 90 though!
  • LenGlover said:

Riviera said:

Michael effing Macintyre - at least 90 years past his sell by date, mystifying he achieved any level of celebrity, equally mystifying he still walks among us, wasting oxygen.

He makes me laugh.
    He's not 90 though!
    I didn't say he was. I took the comment in the context of the intended humour.
  • MrOneLung said:

I want there to be a sitcom about @Riviera and @LenGlover sharing a house or working together.

A modern day Never the Twain maybe.

I wonder how old Windsor Davies is?
  • Riviera said:

MrOneLung said:

I want there to be a sitcom about @Riviera and @LenGlover sharing a house or working together.

Only 87. And he was born in Canning Town!!!

Dear old Donald made 90 but has since left us sadly.
  • Sheldon Harnick (born April 30 1924).

You all know the song 'If I Was A Rich Man' well it comes from the musical 'Fiddler On The Roof' and Sheldon wrote the lyrics for that and a lot of other stuff too.

Very good interview with him on 'Front Row' last night for those interested.

While on the theme of musicals Hal Prince, who produced and or directed virtually everything of note on Broadway for 50 plus years, celebrated his 90th on 30 January.

• Billy Graham (born November 7 1918)

Religious evangelist particularly famous in the sixties.
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

MrOneLung said:

Only 87. And he was born in Canning Town!!!

Dear old Donald made 90 but has since left us sadly.
    Whenever Donald Sinden is mentioned, I think of these Spitting Image sketches...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x5W2ASLBZA
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018

Don't know if anyone has mentioned that the oldest surviving cup finalist, Arthur Turner, who played for us in 1946, is now an impressive 97 years old.

A niece of Arthur Turner is a friend of my wife although I don't think that they see much of each other. (The niece and Arthur that is).
  • LenGlover said:

Billy Graham (born November 7 1918)

LenGlover said:

Billy Graham (born November 7 1918)

I

I remember he was particularly upset at the sight of a couple shagging in Hyde Park. Talk about intolerance.

• Jeanne Mockford Born Catford March 15 1926

Played Senna the Soothsayer in Up Pompeii and Duffy's mother in Please Sir amongst other roles.
  • edited February 2018
    Thought I'd annoy @Riviera once more by posting on the day as I haven't done it for a week or two :wink:

Mark Eden 90 today.

Who he? Well if I say Alan Bradley, Rita Fairclough and a grisly end under a Blackpool tram fans of Coronation Street will know.

Mark Eden is probably best remembered for playing notorious Coronation Street villain Alan Bradley but has done other things too and regularly pops up on Talking Pictures as a supporting actor in various films.

He is also married in real life to Sue Nicholls better known as Audrey Roberts from Coronation Street.
  • Good one Len.
  • I know him Len, goddam I Bloody we’ll know him.

• A football one we all seem to have missed:

'Deadly' Doug Ellis former chairman of Aston Villa FC (born 3 January 1924)

I also looked up Ken Bates but he's only 86....
  • edited February 2018
    Some would say not a celebrity in the broadest sense of the word but local (Kent) cricket fans should and would all wish former batsman from the fifties and sixties RC 'Bob' Wilson a happy 90th birthday today.

Only the late Brian Luckhurst scored 1,000 or more first class runs post war in a season more often than Bob Wilson for Kent and he (Bob) scored nearly 20,000 first class runs for Kent.

He is also father in law to former Kent wicketkeeper Steve Marsh.

On a personal note, if I may, I enjoyed a drink with both Bob and Steve on a few occasions in Bob's local (now closed) 30 odd years ago.
  • Not a celeb.
  • edited February 2018
    Jim Bowen (Bullseye presented) - 80
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Not a celeb.

I knew you'd say that!
  • Jim Bowen (Bullseye presented) - 80

But he is not 90 or older...
  • Oscar winning actress Eva Marie Saint, 93. On the Waterfront and North by Northwest just two of her films.
  • edited February 2018
    Forgive me for going a bit off track but I think this would be a great thread to mention ‘inkblot’ a ‘not606’ moderator and life long Addick.
    He recently had his 91st birthday.....is possibly the oldest living Addick and certainly the oldest Addick posting on line.
    I would love to meet up with him at some point.
    Does anyone know anything more about him?
    An in depth interview with him would be wonderful.
    Henry Irving would this be a project for the museum?
  • Forgive me for going a bit off track but I think this would be a great thread to mention ‘inkblot’ a ‘not606’ moderator and life long Addick.
    He recently had his 91st birthday.....is possibly the oldest living Addick and certainly the oldest Addick posting on line.

Wasn't he also a moderator on The Forum That Cannot Be Named too once upon a time? I'm surprised he hasn't found his way over here.
  • Former boxing promoter Jarvis Astaire - 94
  • edited February 2018
    Carl Reiner - comedian, actor, director and father of director Rob Reiner.
    I only realised how old he was because I was watching the Jerry Seinfeld series “Comedians in cars getting coffee”. The episode was with Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner. At one point, Reiner mentioned that he’s about 5 years older than Brooks and I knew Brooks was on this list, so I checked Reiner. Sure enough, he’ll be 96 in March and he’s still going strong.
    The episode was interesting - Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner have been best mates for 60 odd years and Brooks goes round Reiner’s house for dinner and to watch a dvd most evenings.
    Two funny guys, both over 90 and who still make jokes at their own and each other’s expense. Quite inspirational really.
  • Acab said:

Forgive me for going a bit off track but I think this would be a great thread to mention ‘inkblot’ a ‘not606’ moderator and life long Addick.

My dad was 90 on jan 28. Current season Tkt holder and regular away traveller. Any advance on that
    Also a top bloke.
    He was even driving us to away matches a few years ago.
    He also looks in better condition than most of us.