Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Doncaster v Charlton | Sat 10 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Doncaster Rovers v Charlton Athletic
Saturday 10th February 2018 … 3pm Kick-Off
Referee: Mark Heywood (Cheshire)

Introduction
Consistency is the word that should be used to describe our season, or lack of it, for a better word. Last weekend saw Oxford United visiting the Valley, who are becoming a side (like Millwall) that we cannot seem to beat… In a tight encounter, the Addicks twice led yet two late goals saw the three points heading back to Oxfordshire – This Saturday, Charlton will travel up to Yorkshire, firmly in Play-Off contention. Yet if Charlton want to reach Wembley in May, consistency must improve!!

The Opposition
Name: Doncaster Rovers | Manager: Darren Ferguson
Last Result: Portsmouth 2-2 Doncaster Rovers

Whilst Charlton were losing to Oxford; Doncaster on the other hand were picking up a point on the South Coast. Fresh from promotion, Doncaster have adapted well to League One Football and look set to earn a mid-table finish (if not better)… Like us, Doncaster led twice last weekend, only to be pegged back both times and a win on Saturday would find Donny just five points adrift of the Addicks.

Indeed when Doncaster visited the Valley in October, the result could have been very different – Thankfully, our opponents came up against Tariqe Fosu in form, who settled the tie with an early low strike.

If anything, it was clear that day; Doncaster are a hard team to breakdown and could potentially get a result against anyone on their day, a 3-1 win against Blackburn in August is proof of that. In addition when you combine that with the fact that Doncaster have drawn five of their last six fixtures… three points for Charlton won’t be easy, by any means!!

Charlton Team News
With the long awaited takeover all but complete, it’s a chance for the Charlton players to prove what they can do on the field – There appears to be no signs of how wealthy our new owners will be, yet with no transfers possible until the summer. It’s a chance for the players to prove that they deserve a place in the squad next season.

Of course, as appears the way with our season. When one player returns (Tariqe Fosu), another departs injured… Stephy Mavididi is the latest to enter the physio room, and with the young Striker out for 8-weeks, it seems as though fellow loanee: Sullay Kaikai will step up into the first-team.

In his Press Conference yesterday; Karl Robinson confirmed that Jason Pearce is still not quite there with his fitness, yet having conceded three times against Oxford, you’d expect to see Patrick Bauer returning in Defence – With Mavididi now injured, a place of the bench will have opened up… No doubt that spot being occupied by Nicky Ajose who is a confirmed traveller up to Yorkshire.

Amos
Solly | Konsa | Bauer | Dasilva
Kashi | Forster-Caskey
Marshall | Fosu | Kaikai
Magennis

Substitutes Bench: Phillips | Lennon | Jackson | Reeves | Aribo | Zyro | Ajose

Prediction
With Doncaster constantly drawing, its clear they’ll be difficult to breakdown. With Darren Ferguson threatening referees, its going be hopeless to get any decisions going our way… Jokes aside, three points will be a hard ask – It’ll be impressive if we get them, but wont be surprised if we’re left frustrated and a solitary point.

Comments

• Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • God knows, heart says 3-1 Charlton. head says 0-0 bore draw
  • Ground no.73 for me and looking forward to going.
    Prior to last week's defeat to Oxford I was quite confident ,Not so confident now though.
    Still going to Go with a 2.1 victory and hopefully a takeover next week to galvanize the club for a promotion push.
  • Got a feeling this season is going to fizzle out under the cloud of manager and players uncertainty. 2-0 defeat.
  • It’s a bang certainty that we will lose.

2 - 0
  • 3-0 loss, the new owner is completely taken aback how bad we are and promptly cancels the £45m BACS payment.

"We want Roland back, say we want Roland back"
  • Hard fought 2-2
  • edited February 2018
    2-1 defeat after leading 0-1 at halftime.

• edited February 2018
    Same team and bench as you’ve put @ForeverAddickted

Going to be a tough game but I think if we have better game management, be well organised out of possession, we can really hit them quickly on the counter as well as being dominant on the ball. Should be more solid with Bauer back in the side too.

Doncaster Rovers 0-2 Charlton Athletic
    Forster-Caskey
    Kaikai
  • Sponsored links:

• 0-2 to KR's Red & White Army.
  • 0 - 1 Charlton, Big Mac continues his free scoring run, with a late winner.
  • need 4 out of the next 2 to keep us on track,

gonna go a for desmond (2-2)

points needed for playoffs 74
    points remaining after game 48
    points needed till end of season 27
  • Addicks win 1-2
  • Looking forward to the day out, a tight 2-1
  • Been right with my predictions on numerous occasions (sadly mostly defeats) and so don't be surprised we go all Caribbean...........

0-0.
  • Donny 1 - 3 Charlton
  • I imagine that will be the starting 11, though if Kaikai isn't ready to start he might go with Reeves at No 10 and move Fosu to the left
  • Hopefully last week won't knock the confidence.
  • Sage said:

Going to be a tough game but I think if we have better game management, be well organised out of possession, we can really hit them quickly on the counter as well as being dominant on the ball. Should be more solid with Bauer back in the side too.

Forster-Caskey
    Kaikai
    God please let Bauer come back into the side.

Sorry if I missed this, but did Karl say why he was left out last weekend?
  • Sponsored links:

• A Bradford/Wigan style performance brings a hard earned 0 - 1 away win for the Addicks

Magennis scores again
  • A very tight game that could go either way or neither way!
  • I reckon he will go with Reeves and put Fosu on the wing. Reeves to be replaced at half time with Kaikai no doubt.
  • SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Forster-Caskey
    Kaikai

He didn't want to change a Defence that had won the last three games
  • How many away tickets have been sold, do we know?
  • Doncaster and Charlton have never drawn a game against each other in their 82 year history of matches.

The CASTrust take on this weekend's match can be seen here https://castrust.org/

• 1-2....good away win and back in the top 6.
  • A tough couple of games coming up. A point last week would have been disappointing but still about right. Without even that the pressure is on this week. Looks difficult on paper but hopefully we can get a point. 1-1.
  • SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Forster-Caskey
    Kaikai

He didn't want to change a Defence that had won the last three games
    It's weird that he was willing to change out Aribo for JFC though. I think the difference in quality is far narrower between them than it is between Bauer and Lennon. Especially after Lennon's two massive mistakes against Walsall.

Think Bauer and JFC, have been two of our most underrated players this season.

I guess as a manager you make a judgement call and gamble, and I think we can say that one didn't pay off.
  • 0-1 to the addicks, really like Jay D to nab a late winner as reward for all his efforts.