Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sol Campbell

Out of contract and apparently may go to Notts County.

I wonder how much will they pay him?? would it be 25-30k per week?

Out of our league in terms of wages but would be a great addition at the back.

would you go for it if it was 10k a week??

Comments

• The mention of Sol and would you go for him, is how do I say this without being put in same bracket as those Spuds fans, bollocks I give up.
  • Said on SSN that the rumour was (presumably from one of the papers) that Notts Co were willing to match his 90k a week wages!!

The world has gone mental.
  • [cite]Posted By: tricky[/cite]Said on SSN that the rumour was (presumably from one of the papers) that Notts Co were willing to match his 90k a week wages!!

The world has gone mental.

90k a week Sol Campbell in league 2!!

If they have that sort of wedge I'm glad I backed them to win that league
  • Crazy if they are willing to pay 90k a week

i would imagine the rest of the players would be severly p*ssed off with that.

In fact I could see the team implode and have no chance of promotion if 1 player was earning probably 20 times more than the highest earner.
  • [cite]Posted By: All_Thaid_Up[/cite]Crazy if they are willing to pay 90k a week

In fact I could see the team implode and have no chance of promotion if 1 player was earning probably 20 times more than the highest earner.

Try 90 times
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: All_Thaid_Up[/cite]Crazy if they are willing to pay 90k a week

Try 90 times

thats got to be bollo hasnt it.....

the 90k a week bit
  • aren't league 2 clubs salary capped against income ?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]aren't league 2 clubs salary capped against income ?

Yes, wages can't exceed 60% of income. I'm sure there's ways round this though.
    Looking online though, Notts County have rubbished the Campbell rumour anyway.
  • Sol appreciates the finer things in life. I imagine Notts County would use their charming new Director of Football to wine and dine him in impressive surroundings.

<Sven took him up the OXO Tower>
  • Had to Birmingham for £60k in one of the papers today.

Probably both wrong, let's be honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't see Campbell dropping out of the Premiership, there's no way he will want to play League Two football. I reckon he'll get a gig at Brum or Wolves. He's still a very good player.
  • I still remmerb when he went rampoaging forward for england vs Arentina in France, when becks got conned by that argie....

went puring forward round a couple and almost scored the goal that would have sent us through....

Wouldnt a good world cup run be fun eh!
  • 7/1 in odds
    But according to Skysports he has held talks and is Oxford's 1st choice
  • 7/1 in odds
    But according to Skysports he has held talks and is Oxford's 1st choice

For what? ha
  • Hold on one darn minute, he said in the summer he was in advanced negotiations with a European side

How did that go Sulzeer?

• Guess that's Oxford obeying the Rooney Rule
  • DA9 said:

Mans a cock, if he gets the job, and then doesn’t win the league next season, he’ll blame everyone except himself, then contact the society of black lawyers as something clearly racist must have caused the failure.

“I tried to sign x player, but he’s a racist so didn’t even give us a chance.”

“I was about to turn it around, but the chairman already had eyes on another white manager who he’d rather hang out with in the lounge after the game.”

Can see the excuses now
  • Sponsored links:

• Or on the other hand you could all wish luck and hope he makes a success of it
  • Once found crying in the showers at Arsenal after being substituted at half time. Understandable I know, but everyone else had gone home.
  • lolwray said:

Or on the other hand you could all wish luck and hope he makes a success of it

I’m going to behave myself otherwise I’ll end up with a record number of flags!
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Allow me...

Hahahahahahahaha

What's a fox and dog pitch?
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Allow me...

Hahahahahahahaha

@lolwray do you see now?
  • What a bellend.

"Maybe it was a lack of experience, things like that"

They're giving the job to Craig Bellamy........a man who's managed..........yes that's right. No one.