Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hartlepool United in Trouble

Comments

• Perhaps palice might like to pay back the creditors they owe, now they have the prem riches.
    Add Southampton and any others you can think of, but especially thestripeyes.
  • It is very sad for the fans of these clubs when they fall into trouble but the reality is that they have spent £200k more than they had. Any other business would be expected to pay it’s debts or go to the wall - not to mention what would happen if I spent £200k of someone else’s money and then said I couldn’t pay it back.

The £200k might be owed to players or Agents but it is more likely that it is owed to HMRC or local businesses that can’t afford to give money away. We need to remember that HMRC collect the money that is used to fund schools and the NHS.

As much as I have a soft spot for Hartlepool sooner or later a club will have to go to the wall as most of them are living outside of their means and they go into Administration and agree to pay a fraction of their debts and then go and do it all again.

Also the numbers in the Premier League are irrelevant as I suspect that most of the players at Hartlepool are earning more than their peers at the same age. They are unlikely to all be on minimum wage. If clubs like Hartlepool are going to be run properly their players need to earn less - it’s not up to players at other clubs to subsidise the lower league players wages.

I hope they survive but I can’t see how clubs can keep overspending and maybe they will be the first club to disappear, but I suspect that even Administration will not see the club die - it never does.

Far too sensible a post for this forum. In Hartlepool's case a new ownership came in who can't afford to run the club.

Premier League, booo!
  • This is the latest statement from the Hartlepool United Supporters Trust.
    https://www.hufcsupporterstrust.org.uk/news-article/trust-statement-on-fundraising-13-jan-2018/64
  • edited January 2018
    It's gotta be tough to keep a professional club solvent over the long term in a town of 90,000. The highest average attendance in the last half-century is about 6,000 per match, and that was 1968. Typical is 2500-3500. Wish em luck.
  • clive said:

This is the latest statement from the Hartlepool United Supporters Trust.
    https://www.hufcsupporterstrust.org.uk/news-article/trust-statement-on-fundraising-13-jan-2018/64

Reading between the lines that suggests that they need £200k this month and another significant sum every month after that. It also suggests that they have spoken to local businesses that, presumably, need the money they are owed, and are advising that staying out of administration is the goal and it might take years to settle debts to businesses.

I’m sure they want to save their club but one of those businesses might end up going to the wall and the employees losing their jobs. All the while people are running around raising money to keep an insolvent football club running that is losing money every month.

Surely that money being raised should be being used to pay their debts, but I bet most of it is going to, relatively, wealthy young men and their hangers-on while ordinary people are seeing their credit agreements knocked and their jobs out at risk.

How can anyone expect the Premier League to condone this? Let alone subsidise it?
  • BDL said:

£470.90 collected at the Kuflink today, here's hoping someone does a collection at the Valley next week as well.

Would be more than happy to do this myself, if anyone can tell me if i need to go around an official way of doing it, or just have a bucket
  • Been speaking to the guys at the Poolies Trust, they are in the throes of organising a fans tournament in June.

Would also be nice if there was a collection next Saturday? Maybe @castrust could organise?
  • After today's thrashing, there is talk among Sunderland supporters of going en masse to the next home Hartlepool match instead of the Black Cats.

That would be great
  • edited January 2018
    Saturdays home game against Wrexham is sold out for home fans,Cleveland police refused to split away end,so not quite a full house.
    The local council are also allowing free parking in their car parks on Saturday.

Hartlepool Borough Council have added their weight to the outpouring of support for the Football Club.

Anyone attending the Pools v Wrexham match on Saturday 20th January (3pm Kick Off) will be able to park around the town for free.

Hartlepool Borough Council has agreed to waive town centre parking charges from 8am – 6pm on Saturday in support of the Football Club.

Councillor Christopher Akers-Belcher, the Leader of the Council, said: “The Council has been working hard behind the scenes to try to help the club overcome the severe financial difficulties that it currently faces.

“Work continues to try to secure its long-term future, but in the meantime the Council hopes this gesture will help to boost fundraising efforts that aim to enable the club to pay its bills in the short-term.

“All we are asking is that people using Council-managed town centre car parks and on-street pay and display parking donate what they would have paid in charges to the online appeal instead.”

• Sponsored links:

• BDL said:

£470.90 collected at the Kuflink today, here's hoping someone does a collection at the Valley next week as well.

What’s the Kuflink mate?
  • BDL said:

What’s the Kuflink mate?
    If I call it Stonebridge Road Dave Archer whacks me with a broom.....

OUCH!!!!! See?
  • edited January 2018
    As said above home stand full for today's game against Wrexham including supporters from Middlesbrough and Rangers. Nice to se

https://mobile.twitter.com/theawayfans
  • The club has called in the police to investigate financial irregularities & H.M.RC tax bill to be settled by fans 'justgiving' funds.
    https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2018/february/070218-hartlepool-united-club-statement-on-hmrc-bill-and-financial-irregularities-report/
  • £84k raised so far from the Just Giving page.

I wonder how many Premier League players get paid more than that a week?
  • Noticed that they're just 4 points above the relegation zone and haven't won since November. They're already in a lot of financial trouble, and it's not going to get much better if they get relegated.
  • Addickted said:

£84k raised so far from the Just Giving page.

Well, the average has passed £50k per week.

Although obviously the top earners haul that average up significantly. bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42130297

As an aside, it's interesting to see that Man Utd still has the highest wage bill at £5.24mn - per week.
  • cafcfan said:

Addickted said:

£84k raised so far from the Just Giving page.

Well, the average has passed £50k per week.

Although obviously the top earners haul that average up significantly. bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42130297

As an aside, it's interesting to see that Man Utd still has the highest wage bill at £5.24mn - per week.
    Sanchez, Pogba and Lukaku is around 1m of that just for 3 players
  • Not the only club in the National League suffering financial problems. Macclesfield, Dagenham and Chester also in trouble
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

Not the only club in the National League suffering financial problems. Macclesfield, Dagenham and Chester also in trouble

Time to start up just gift pages and make comments about premier league wages, no issue with how non-league clubs operate, especially the reincarnation of Chester after the first club was suspended for breaching its financial rules and for cancelling matches.
  • Hartlepool need to raise 48K by March 21st
  • York City also have money problems.
  • Badger said:

Hartlepool need to raise 48K by March 21st

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2018/february/080218-club-statement-hmrc/

HMRC tax bill paid by 'just giving'fund.
  • Latest statement from Hartlepool United Supporters Trust.
    Jeff Stelling needs help in rescue bid.
    https://www.hufcsupporterstrust.org.uk/news-article/trust-statement-4-march-2018/83
  • Hope its sorted soon.
  • Hope its sorted soon.

Agreed.
  • If every premiership player donated just one week of their wages to a fund for ailing clubs I wonder how much could be raised in a week. This is a hypothetical question.
  • Acab said:

If every premiership player donated just one week of their wages to a fund for ailing clubs I wonder how much could be raised in a week. This is a hypothetical question.

£50m?