Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• We all hate Leeds scum
  • Sad story about his wife.

Yes very sad. He's not having the best of times at the moment.

My thoughts too :(
  • edited February 2018
    Well I never......for some strange reason that I can’t fully explain I never liked him and as such this news hasn’t come as much of a surprise.
    Must be careful though, as he is innocent until proven guilty.
  • It's Mark Aizlewood if anyone was wondering.
  • edited February 2018

Well I'd just like to say that as a player he was very good for us imo

Really!
    Goodish I’d say but nothing special.
    Don’t remember much weeping or wailing when he left us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well I'd just like to say that as a player he was very good for us imo

Really!
    Goodish I’d say but nothing special.
    Don’t remember much weeping or whaling when he left us.
    Only from our Japanese and Norwegian fans.

Agreed . He was a very good player for us.

Agreed . He was a very good player for us.
    An integral part of our promotion team in 85/86
  • solid player for us ...would do a job at central defence or midfield and even left back he was a trier,dependable , had limitations and wasnt frightened of a scrap .a good left foot ...i think he played in the game where we came back from the dead v Grimsby (the day of the sunley takeover) and saw us through to promotion under Lenny .He was a good pro and i am so sorry that his life has turned out the way it has
  • Used to love him as a player, scoring the penalty at White Hart Lane in the FA Cup, the infamous calling fans w*****s. turned his game around and became top draw before the move to Leeds
  • masicat said:

He was an improving player for us after a poor start. A lot of people were gutted when he left.

Especially as we wasted his transfer fee on Ralph Milne!
  • Good player for us, took a decent free kick.

I won the Junior Reds raffle at the Xmas Party in 1985 and me and my family were invited to meet the players in the dressing room before a match (2-2 v Brighton at Selhurst) and have seats in the Directors Box etc.

Remember him being a really nice bloke to a nervous 8 year old, will be a shame if this story is true.
  • Well I never......for some strange reason that I can’t fully explain I never liked him and as such this news hasn’t come as much of a surprise.
    Must be careful though, as he is innocent until proven guilty.

It was probably you he was giving 2 fingers to then.
  • Sponsored links:

• He's been found guilty according to BBC website

I won the Junior Reds raffle at the Xmas Party in 1985 and me and my family were invited to meet the players in the dressing room before a match (2-2 v Brighton at Selhurst) and have seats in the Directors Box etc.

Remember him being a really nice bloke to a nervous 8 year old, will be a shame if this story is true.

He scored a cracking free kick to make it 2 2 late in the game after having an identical one disallowed earlier because it was an indirect free kick. He made a point of checking with the ref before taking the 2nd one.

He scored a cracking free kick to make it 2 2 late in the game after having an identical one disallowed earlier because it was an indirect free kick. He made a point of checking with the ref before taking the 2nd one.
    Got a feeling that 2nd one didn't cross the line....
  • Used to love him as a player, scoring the penalty at White Hart Lane in the FA Cup, the infamous calling fans w*****s. turned his game around and became top draw before the move to Leeds

Was that in 1985. I was at that game but I thought Ronnie Moore scored ........... lively old day that
  • edited February 2018
    Saw him make his debut along with Carl Harris in the 2-1 away win at Leeds in November 1982. Don't recall him pulling up any trees that day but won me over going on to be club captain and player of the year two seasons running 84/85 and 85/86.
  • I knew that play off final handball would catch up with him one day
  • holyjo said:

Used to love him as a player, scoring the penalty at White Hart Lane in the FA Cup, the infamous calling fans w*****s. turned his game around and became top draw before the move to Leeds

Was that in 1985. I was at that game but I thought Ronnie Moore scored ........... lively old day that
    I believe Moore scored our goal in the replay at The Valley. Aizlewood deffo scored @ WHL.
  • holyjo said:

Used to love him as a player, scoring the penalty at White Hart Lane in the FA Cup, the infamous calling fans w*****s. turned his game around and became top draw before the move to Leeds

Aizlewood took the penalty at White Hart Lane and scored on the rebound

Ronnie Moore scored the penalty in the replay
  • holyjo said:

Aizlewood took the penalty at White Hart Lane and scored on the rebound

Ronnie Moore scored the penalty in the replay
    It was absolutely Rammo. My memory was that the Spurs fans were in a tier above us. Was that right ?