Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

West Ham

Rumoured to have sacked Bilic tonight ( on motd) David Moyes rumoured to be taking over on Monday, they did look a shambles against Liverpool tonight, but in my opinion, have got some shocking players, particularly in the midfield area.

Edit please close, just seen the other thread!

Comments

• Don't want any more African players, allegedly......
  • Guess that's understandable the way the African Nations Cup can mess up a season
  • edited February 2018

Don't want any more African players, allegedly......

Is this a problem then? Surely a club & manager can pick and choose who they want in the squad.
  • Guess that's understandable the way the African Nations Cup can mess up a season

Starting with the next tournament (2019), it's been agreed to host the AN Cup in June/July for that exact reason

Starting with the next tournament (2019), it's been agreed to host the AN Cup in June/July for that exact reason
    Good... Although further to what Brendan posted it does seem a bit stupid from the bloke who said it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42898043
  • Personally I think the end of the email, where he ties to flog the Double Ended 14" Three Speed Anal Intruder, is more offensive...
  • I like the way ability is one of the things they don’t discriminate against !
  • The dream is still on. Unbelievably tight at the bottom, especially with Swansea resurgent.
  • "A report in the Daily Mail alleged that Tony Henry told an agent that West Ham wanted to limit the number of African players in their squad. He told the paper this was because some “have a bad attitude” and “cause mayhem” when they are not in the team."

So much for African Cup of Nations being the reason...
  • Sponsored links:

• "A report in the Daily Mail alleged that Tony Henry told an agent that West Ham wanted to limit the number of African players in their squad. He told the paper this was because some “have a bad attitude” and “cause mayhem” when they are not in the team."

If that quote from Tony Henry is true and the club really feel this way I say the statement is a fair one. I am not aware there is a quota system in football so West Ham are entitled to buy who they want.
  • It gets worse :-)))) Loving this stuff that Leicester refused to sell Slimani to them because Brady had been gobbing off in her Sun column.

People in football, or at least in administrative roles shouldn't have newspaper columns. Like Simon Jordan you just end up upsetting people by commenting on things that have nothing to do with you, although Simon is a twat and upsets people by breathing.

If that quote from Tony Henry is true and the club really feel this way I say the statement is a fair one. I am not aware there is a quota system in football so West Ham are entitled to buy who they want.
    Agreed, they should be allowed to buy who they want

But I reckon there is a better, more "diplomatic" way of saying that now

if that in their experience is true then I don't see the problem. Can't see that what he said is racist.

if that in their experience is true then I don't see the problem. Can't see that what he said is racist.
    Fear not! Someone will.
  • edited February 2018
    McBobbin said:

"A report in the Daily Mail alleged that Tony Henry told an agent that West Ham wanted to limit the number of African players in their squad. He told the paper this was because some “have a bad attitude” and “cause mayhem” when they are not in the team."

Fear not! Someone will.
    Surely nobody could have a problem with a vast, populous and diverse entire continent being tarred with a single brush?
    Mark Fish and Shaun Barlett = bad attitude and cause mayhem.

And better watch Fosu and Kashi too if they get dropped.

Better stick to really committed "European" players like Watt and Holmes

Staggered.

It is the very definition of racism.

They are saying we are not employing anyone else from a particular continent with a population of over 1 billion because we have decided that all of them "have a bad attitude" on the alleged behaviour of one or two players.

Di Canio pushed over a referee = all Italians attack refs so we're not buying any more.

Sweeping negative generalisations about a particular groups of people = racism.

But the quote that came out of West Ham said "some" have a bad attitude not "all" of them. So they were not referring to an entire continent containing millions of people

if the club have given it go signing players from a particular continent and it has not worked out because "some" of the players have a bad attitude then they are within their rights to look elsewhere.

Not Racist
  • Sponsored links:

Staggered.

It is the very definition of racism.

They are saying we are not employing anyone else from a particular continent with a population of over 1 billion because we have decided that all of them "have a bad attitude" on the alleged behaviour of one or two players.

Di Canio pushed over a referee = all Italians attack refs so we're not buying any more.

Sweeping negative generalisations about a particular groups of people = racism.

But the quote that came out of West Ham said "some" have a bad attitude not "all" of them. So they were not referring to an entire continent containing millions of people

if the club have given it go signing players from a particular continent and it has not worked out because "some" of the players have a bad attitude then they are within their rights to look elsewhere.

Not Racist
    I agree totally.

• Wouldn’t have expected this from Thierry’s brother.
  • McBobbin said:

"A report in the Daily Mail alleged that Tony Henry told an agent that West Ham wanted to limit the number of African players in their squad. He told the paper this was because some “have a bad attitude” and “cause mayhem” when they are not in the team."

Fear not! Someone will.
    Surely nobody could have a problem with a vast, populous and diverse entire continent being tarred with a single brush?
    Mark Fish and Shaun Barlett = bad attitude and cause mayhem.

And better watch Fosu and Kashi too if they get dropped.

Better stick to really committed "European" players like Watt and Holmes
    To be fair, that business with the glass coffee table sounds like the very definition of mayhem :-)
  • One less racist in the game. Good.
  • One less racist in the game. Good.

But still on earth. Bad.
  • edited February 2018
    FFS here they come