Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Maybe dickie thinks that the discussions have reached a point where those intested have an understanding of where the offer needs to be and they are not too far away on reaching the point where an acceptable offer can be made

To me RM has merely confirmed to the staff what he told CARD

If they have been shit communicating to fans then you can bet that it’s been worse in house

And although he should’ve told the staff first imo he has now formally held communication to make them aware of the situation and to quash as far as he can the rumour mill

It can’t be far off but no offers made as of yet

Are we talking semantics in that, while verbal 'offers' have been made, no prospective owner has faxed to RD a piece of paper headed 'Official Bid' ?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

If I remember right I don't think any source said "imminent" themselves? It's just the word that was used in the original title of the topic on CL?

So it was Irving then
    Wrong yet again.

I started the thread in April 2017 when the news of an Australian consortium (not the Muir bid) was announced in a national newspaper.

The title was different in April 2017. Titles can be changed. If you look you can see it no longer says "imminent".

The title was changed by Admin (most likely @AFKABartram but he can confirm) in October. Only Admin can change thread titles after 24 hours.

Something was happening in October 2017 (due diligence by Andrew Muir and friends carried out by PWC with Mischon de Reya representing Duchatelet. In November Meire and Joyes resigned and other parties also expressed an interest.
    On 29 December Duchatelet confirmed what most of us knew or suspected ie the sale of the club was progressing and had been for some months.
  • Options
    DD proves people are interested and not just chancers and RDs 55mil has never been the figure imo although it is a number that was mentioned to someone I know who was involved with someone showing interest but even he said it was clearly just a number and not based on anything tangible

Nothing has been offered whether that be semantics or not it’s like the saying when it’s on the official site

Currently no offer has been made or accepted
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Latest:

Bad luck @mart77 , not long to go for @Dazzler21

Jan
    29 @mart77 , 30 @Dazzler21 , 31 @Nicholas
    Feb
    1 @cafcwill , 2 @TheTunnelJumpCAFC , 3 @Redrobo , 4 @cafc_harry , 5 @CAFCDAZ, 6 @ricky_otto , 7 @Rufus_Ambition , 8 @paulie8290 , 9 @bellz2002 , 10 @TomHards, 11 @BartramBlitz , 12 @The Red Robin , 13 @Leeds_Addick , 14 @Mrkinski , 15 @RedArmySE7 , 16 @Valiantphil , 17 @LargeAddick , 18 @moutuakilla , 19 @NorthheathAddick , 20 @The_President, 21 @JamesSeed , 22 @flyingkiwiDK , 23 @GD78 , 24 @Redmidland , 25 @blackpool72 , 26 @Charlton_Stu , 27 @CafcSCP , 28 @killerandflash ,
    Mar
    1 @DANTHEADDICK , 2 @Hex , 3 @sammy391, 4 @ken_shabby , 5 @bromdog , 6 @palarsehater , 7 @Covered End, 8 @Pelling1993 , 9 @Rob , 10 @Gillis , 11 @lancashire lad , 12 @On-Me-Head, 13 @PeterGage , 14 @3blokes , 15 @Davo55 , 16 @mascot88 , 17 @guinnessaddick , 20 @creepyaddick , 21 @cantersaddick , 24 @HantsAddick , 25 @Dannoo_86 , 27 @The Organiser , 28 @CheshireAddick , 29 @Dansk_Red ,
    April
    1 @CharltonKerry , 2 @cafckev , 7 @Uboat , 9 @Braziliance , 15 @25May98 , 20 @Callumcafc, 23 @Chef_addick , 26 @Chizz , 30 @Lewis Coaches
    May
    3 @Addictedoldgit , 4 @ecclesaddick, 6 @StigThundercock , 8 @Henry Irving , 15 @NapaAddick, 20 @Mike , 21 @Bangkokaddick , 23 @Addick Addict , 25 @Redvaliant , 26 @Pedro45 , 27 @Holdkneebomb , 28 @Webbja77 , 31 @Nug
    June
    1 @clb74 , 2 @ashley , 5 @adrian , 6 @meldrew66 , 8 @Hastingsaddick , 12 @Rudders22 , 15 @stonemuse , 16 @PopIcon , 18 @MrOneLung , 23 @Ultimatum , 24 @paulbaconsarnie , 28 @SWEnglandAddick , 30 @No.1 in South London
    July
    1 @_MrDick , 4 @CHG , 13 @SoundAsa£ , 15 @cfgs ,
    +
    19/10/18 @Arsenetatters
    14/11/18 @Stig
    04/01/19 @ShootersHillGuru
    11/12/20 @Bedsaddick

This makes it look like you didn’t take my February 29th prediction seriously
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

If I remember right I don't think any source said "imminent" themselves? It's just the word that was used in the original title of the topic on CL?

So it was Irving then
    Wrong yet again.

I started the thread in April 2017 when the news of an Australian consortium (not the Muir bid) was announced in a national newspaper.

The title was different in April 2017. Titles can be changed. If you look you can see it no longer says "imminent".

The title was changed by Admin (most likely @AFKABartram but he can confirm) in October. Only Admin can change thread titles after 24 hours.

Something was happening in October 2017 (due diligence by Andrew Muir and friends carried out by PWC with Mischon de Reya representing Duchatelet. In November Meire and Joyes resigned and other parties also expressed an interest.
    On 29 December Duchatelet confirmed what most of us knew or suspected ie the sale of the club was progressing and had been for some months.
    I like bobs line 'pretty much irrefutable'
  • Options
    I may be wrong - my biographers on here may know better - but I think it was when the word imminent was added that I said if something was happening, it's not now - my second isg post. Anyway, let's hope it happens in February - my guess as I stated was once division next season known but the sooner it happens the better
  • Options

Let's face it, no one apart from a select few within the inner circle knows fully what's happening and how far into the process it is.
    Let's just all chill along with the champagne and wait for the inevitable announcement to come.

Agreed - usual pedants trying to score points - wonder if they will be allowed back in the tent after the takeover?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

No one said it’s not a gamble worth taking or that RD was that bad. The point was made that no owner could be as bad as RD.
    I disagree with that and the O’s and Blackpool owners would suggest I’m right.

Depends how you interpret 'no owner' I'd take that to mean no new owner of us because I wouldn't think for one minute the Oystons or the Orient destroyer would now want to get involved with us or come to that would be allowed to. Anything else is purely hypothetical.

Eh? Sorry that doesn’t make sense. The original statement was:
    No owner can be as bad as RD.

Taking your interpretation: Do you really think no new owner can be as bad? That history shows only the two you mention -Becchetti and the Oystons - are as bad as RD?
    If you do then you’ve chosen to ignore Cellino (Leeds), SISU Capital (Coventry), Chanrai (Portsmouth), the Venkys (Blackburn) I could go on....
    Look, the new lot will hopefully be brilliant and we’ll march to the Premier League and Champions League titles within five years.
    But for now you can’t say they won’t be as bad as (or, god forbid, worse than) RD. We simply don’t know.
    Calm down, calm down I haven't chosen to ignore anything but neither am I going to base the future on the handful of zealots (I was merely referring back to your examples of the Oystens and Orient) that have ruined football clubs in the past. Especially compared to the hundreds of owners whose intentions have been honourable and I did say anything else is hypothetical ie we don't know. I'll deal with with any negativities from a new ownership as and when but for now I'm not going to let anyone piss on my Moët.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018

Not really the same, as no one at CARD will be potentially losing their jobs, where as staff could be. So don’t think Murray would want to announce that, if he wasn’t pretty positive it was happening.
  • Options
    Fake news just to distract away from the German horse...sad.
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

Redhenry said:

Still three in talks

Who dropped out?
    no idea, I only know the identity of one.
  • Options

DD proves people are interested and not just chancers and RDs 55mil has never been the figure imo although it is a number that was mentioned to someone I know who was involved with someone showing interest but even he said it was clearly just a number and not based on anything tangible

Nothing has been offered whether that be semantics or not it’s like the saying when it’s on the official site

Currently no offer has been made or accepted

numbers have been mentioned as i have stated previously.
  • Options
    If RM made an official statement on behalf of the club to staff, it is significant.

If it was just an update then it remains a ‘probably going to happen’.
  • Options

Maybe dickie thinks that the discussions have reached a point where those intested have an understanding of where the offer needs to be and they are not too far away on reaching the point where an acceptable offer can be made

If they have been shit communicating to fans then you can bet that it’s been worse in house

And although he should’ve told the staff first imo he has now formally held communication to make them aware of the situation and to quash as far as he can the rumour mill

It can’t be far off but no offers made as of yet

This sums it up for me. If RM spoke to all the staff, or a fair proportion of them there is no way that speech will not be leaked out from within the club and find its way onto here.

Remember, not everyone employed by the club is a Charlton fan.

To me if that does not happen and things remain silent then I would assume all he has done is told them what he told the trust.
  • Options
    WSS said:

I put the word imminent in the title and I really don't give a shit.

Go on WSS you tell em son.
  • Options
    Is the Aussie Muir the same guy who bought an Aussie rules team and has never been seen at the club?

Something about that bid doesn’t fill me with confidence I must say. I guess time will tell
  • Options
    WSS said:

No I'm Spartacus the one who put the word imminent in the title.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even if no official offer has been made, I'm sure all concerned parties have an idea of price and negotiations are under way there.
  • Options
    WSS said:

But there are no saddo WUM points for BexleyDan is calling you out so that will be ignored.
  • Options
    If the deal is that close, a big if I know, AND if the bidders were seriously funded and ambitious, wouldn't it be sensible to provide a bridging loan to allow some squad investment in the window?

I know Ashley offered one to Newcastle's potential buyer.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Is the Aussie Muir the same guy who bought an Aussie rules team and has never been seen at the club?

Something about that bid doesn’t fill me with confidence I must say. I guess time will tell

Of course I don’t know but I don’t think it’s quite the same as Duchatelet not attending matches at The Valley. RD is the owner. Lock stock and two smoking reels of Duct tape. He’s a relatively short hop from home to London. Especially when you can travel any way you want. Muir is I am guessing a lead in a consortium. An interested party but I doubt Chairman or very hands on. I would imagine he’s been sold the business idea behind some of the other players and bought in. He likes his sport so I’m sure might show up when and if he’s in town. It doesn’t mean he’s not fully behind any plans for the club. I suspect the “face” of this group will not include Muir.

• Options
    WSS said:

Take that.

You're baaaaaad ; - )
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

If the deal is that close, a big if I know, AND if the bidders were seriously funded and ambitious, wouldn't it be sensible to provide a bridging loan to allow some squad investment in the window?

I know Ashley offered one to Newcastle's potential buyer.

I think you have your rose tinted glasses on today. It has been clear for some time that any potential new owner has not had the slightest interest in this transfer window. And if Roland is asking silly money it is up to him to drop the price, not the new owner to pay silly money to keep RD happy.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!