Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Star player injured and other injury updates

Comments

• Definitely missed Reeco last Saturday.
  • Oggy Red said:

Definitely missed Reeco last Saturday.

certainly did. Needed an own goal and a last minute goal to finish them off.

As you say, with Reeco could have been double figures.
  • Oggy Red said:

Especially if he'd been playing instead of Mavididi.

• Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Especially if he'd been playing instead of Mavididi.

I think you could play them together.
  • Seems Pearce is still going to be out for the best part of a month. Will be good to have him return for the run in. I just hope it will still be meaningful for us by then.
  • Newshopper saying Bauer likely to be back this weekend and that Pearce could play this weekend but won't be rushed.

Also one player will be missing for personal reasons but KR expects Konsa to play.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15897021.Charlton_injury_update__Defender_in_squad_to_face_Blackpool_but_player_to_miss_out_for_personal_reasons/
  • "Reeco Hackett-Fairchild picked up a contact injury in training last Friday and will be looking to return to training with the rest of the squad by the end of the week."

Just how can you injure a contact lens?
  • You were talking about Paige , Henry?
  • "Reeco Hackett-Fairchild picked up a contact injury in training last Friday and will be looking to return to training with the rest of the squad by the end of the week."

Just how can you injure a contact lens?

Easily picked up.

Just ask Robert Lee.

• Newshopper saying Bauer likely to be back this weekend and that Pearce could play this weekend but won't be rushed.

Also one player will be missing for personal reasons but KR expects Konsa to play.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15897021.Charlton_injury_update__Defender_in_squad_to_face_Blackpool_but_player_to_miss_out_for_personal_reasons/

KR doesn't mention Konsa in that interview?

I wonder who the player missing for personal reasons is? Obviously something that has already happened (seeing that the match is 2 days away).
  • Sponsored links:

• Couldn't rhey just name the player instead of us having to play guessing games until 2pm on sat. I can't see the problem if a wife / gf is about to give birth or a family illness.
  • Couldn't rhey just name the player instead of us having to play guessing games until 2pm on sat. I can't see the problem if a wife / gf is about to give birth or a family illness.

Guessing games? Sod that, It'll be drinking games for me. :tongue:
  • RedChaser said:

Couldn't rhey just name the player instead of us having to play guessing games until 2pm on sat. I can't see the problem if a wife / gf is about to give birth or a family illness.

Guessing games? Sod that, It'll be drinking games for me. :tongue:
    Pump and Truncheon?

Are you sure it's only a drinking game?

Good idea, let's tell Blackpool that player X isn't playing.

Can't see any problem in doing that or any advantage they would get from it.

And it is our RIGHT to know. How dare they not tell us?
    Go on then tell me
  • reeco irving-lovechild ...now we get it

(if this has been said before excuse me )
  • Seems Pearce is still going to be out for the best part of a month. Will be good to have him return for the run in. I just hope it will still be meaningful for us by then.

Even though our recent form is special we won't wrap up the league before the spring run in.

I mean that reads like Konsa is missing out to finalize a move. Where did you see the thing about playing? I'd like him to. I think he and Bauer represent one of, if not our best CB pairing at the moment, and losing him would be big.

That said, I feel like we'd try to rush Pearce back if Konsa wasn't playing so here's hoping.
  • edited January 2018

Couldn't rhey just name the player instead of us having to play guessing games until 2pm on sat. I can't see the problem if a wife / gf is about to give birth or a family illness.

Yeah I think sometimes Karl plays silly buggers withholding or lying about injury updates or who will miss out. I'm not convinced it makes a difference but it is what it is.

But if it is a genuine family emergency, then he's right here and best let that person get on with it. It's nothing we need to know about now. Just hope they're well.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

Newshopper saying Bauer likely to be back this weekend and that Pearce could play this weekend but won't be rushed.

I mean that reads like Konsa is missing out to finalize a move. Where did you see the thing about playing? I'd like him to. I think he and Bauer represent one of, if not our best CB pairing at the moment, and losing him would be big.

That said, I feel like we'd try to rush Pearce back if Konsa wasn't playing so here's hoping.

It was on the OS I think or one of the local papers

• edited January 2018
    @SDAddick ross1 cut and pasted it (Konsa playing Sat) on the transfer rumours thread.

Why mention it at all then?

By doing so, they've alerted Blackpool, who now probably know exactly who won't be travelling through a couple of 'phone calls.

• RedChaser said:

@SDAddick ross1 cut and pasted it (Konsa playing Sat) on the transfer rumours thread.

Ah cheers, and cheers @ross1, top work as always.
  • On the subject of players missing out for personal reasons, Micahl Zyro's SO is pregnant. Given it's been mentioned he could make his debut it's probably not him, but hopefully all is well with mother and baby.

Think this picture is very cute.
  • Addickted said:

By doing so, they've alerted Blackpool, who now probably know exactly who won't be travelling through a couple of 'phone calls.

Precisely. KR has already said who's fit & who's not so why mention it at all. Just hand the team sheet in at 2pm & get on with it.
  • Addickted said:

Precisely. KR has already said who's fit & who's not so why mention it at all. Just hand the team sheet in at 2pm & get on with it.
    And yet when he doesn't say that people are out we complain.
  • edited January 2018

Addickted said:

So now you've changed you stance.

First you demanded to know who it was and now you are saying he shouldn't mention it.

make your mind up

: - )

And Addickted, stop stirring it : - )
  • Addickted said:

Talk about over thinking things. Really a non issue.
  • Talal said:

Addickted said:

Talk about over thinking things. Really a non issue.
    Over thinking? First time anyone has ever accused @addickted of that.