Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Semi Final Play off dates ?

Last game of the season is Rochdale A Sat 5th May 17.30.

The Wembley play off Finals are Sat 26th May Championship, Sun 27th May L1 & BH Mon 28th May L2.

But when are the L1 semis going to be played ?

My best guess is Thursday 10th & Sunday 13th May.

Comments

• You a secret Bradford fan then CE? :wink:
  • Last game of the season is Rochdale A Sat 5th May 17.30.

The Wembley play off Finals are Sat 26th May Championship, Sun 27th May L1 & BH Mon 28th May L2.

But when are the L1 semis going to be played ?

My best guess is Thursday 10th & Sunday 13th May.

Sssssssshhhhhhhhhhh ................. don't mention them yet, you'll only jinxs it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Play-Off Final is on the 26th May so that's all you need to know

Shame its not a day earlier as will be exactly 20-years on from Sunderland

Ahem 27th, according to above!

Glad this year they are being played on consecutive dates, it makes it more of a special weekend
  • i took the chance and booked to be on holiday for it.
  • I’m on holiday for the final too and have already asked my wife about the possibility of flying back for one day. She’s normally very accommodating (not like that...) but even she drew the line at that and mentioned some rubbish about finding a bar to watch it.

Everything crossed we pinch second place with a win at Rochdale...
  • We don't say "P O" words on here 'cos they can be construed as being offensive.
  • You a secret Bradford fan then CE? :wink:

No, Spear of Destiny are playing The Venue on Sunday 13th May.

If you want to go to The Championship play off final it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would assume Thursday/Friday and Monday/Tuesday afterwards.

no it's not, it's on Sunday 27th, which is fortunate as I come back from holiday on the 26th.
  • Going away on 26th .....we get to and lose the final fact and I have a load of agg trying to re book flights for the Monday , it’s half term holidays and the Lords Test v Pakistan starts on the 24th , well done football league
  • edited January 2018
    I’m off work in may, and when we get to the final, I’ll be there! Added bonus is that I’ll see us win on my birthday!
  • There's another thread that confirms dates, I cannot be bothered to find it so you'll have to search.
  • Semi-final dates won't be confirmed until the four teams are known. Police will have a say depending on who plays who but SKY will ultimately call the shots
  • edited April 2018

Semi-final dates won't be confirmed until the four teams are known. Police will have a say depending on who plays who but SKY will ultimately call the shots

Rotherham's ground is being used for the European Under 17's tournament. Rotherham cannot play at home on Sunday 13th May or Thursday 17th May.

The other big factor is Millwall, depending on whether they make the plays off. If so, we would both be playing at home in the first leg. Police wouldnt allow this to take place on the same date.

• Semi-final dates won't be confirmed until the four teams are known. Police will have a say depending on who plays who but SKY will ultimately call the shots

Rotherham's ground is being used for the European Under 17's tournament. Rotherham cannot play at home on Sunday 13th May or Thursday 17th May.

The other big factor is Millwall, depending on whether they make the plays off. If so, we would both be playing at home in the first leg. Police wouldnt allow this to take place on the same date.

Only way the Play-Offs will be on the same day is if its a Saturday or Sunday with one @ 12:30 the other at 5:15 etc..

Otherwise they tend have one each weeknight, one after the other

Although last season they squeezed the League One / League Two Semi-Finals on the same evening if I remember correctly because SKY were more interested in covering the end of a very uneventful Premier League season.
  • Sky Bet League One Play-Off Semi-Finals will start on Thursday 10th May, with the other first leg tie to take place on Saturday 12th May. The second legs, to be held on Sunday 13th May and Wednesday 16th May, will then decide who will contest the Play-Off Final at Wembley Stadium.
  • Sponsored links:

• I definitely can’t see them allowing both Millwall and Charlton to play at home on that Saturday 12th May.
  • I definitely can’t see them allowing both Millwall and Charlton to play at home on that Saturday 12th May.

Dont see the issue... One is @ 12:30 the other is @ 5:15 - the two sides played at home on the same day at one stage last season

(Not when we played each other though)

Dont see the issue... One is @ 12:30 the other is @ 5:15 - the two sides played at home on the same day at one stage last season

Not forgetting both teams actually need to make the plays offs
  • clb74 said:

I definitely can’t see them allowing both Millwall and Charlton to play at home on that Saturday 12th May.

I'd say there's about a 1 in 4 chance of that.
  • Uboat said:

clb74 said:

I definitely can’t see them allowing both Millwall and Charlton to play at home on that Saturday 12th May.

more like 1 in 10.
  • Sky Bet League One Play-Off Semi-Finals will start on Thursday 10th May, with the other first leg tie to take place on Saturday 12th May. The second legs, to be held on Sunday 13th May and Wednesday 16th May, will then decide who will contest the Play-Off Final at Wembley Stadium.

do you know what kick off times would be for the weekend fixtures?
  • Uboat said:

clb74 said:

more like 1 in 10.
    Golfie can i have £10 on your 10/1 odds please
  • Dont think we need to pop these dates in the diary
  • bbob said:

Dont think we need to pop these dates in the diary

Mods, please close this thread.