Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shrewsbury Game (ed Now 17th April)

Comments

• As it's not near Bakewell I'm trying to find out re-scheduled date so I can change my train and hotel bookings before Tuesday to save kissing goodbye to £150. Just phoned EFL to find if announcement likely by Monday and fixture team too busy to answer the phone.

Have you tried getting any info from Shrewsbury?

They were very co-operative with me when I made contact with them last season.
  • Was told by the club 17 April is the preferred date but awaiting EFL approval.

Do you know who from the club said 17 April?
  • Was told by the club 17 April is the preferred date but awaiting EFL approval.

Spoke to Chris Parkes.

Spoke to Chris Parkes.
    Oh right fair enough. Sounds quite late though. Usually it tends to be slightly sooner incase other games get called off.

With regards to ringing the EFL, I bet they get sevaral dozen fans of EFL clubs ringing them a day asking when a date is gonna be announced. Particually at this stage of the season.

Spoke to Chris Parkes.
    Oh right fair enough. Sounds quite late though. Usually it tends to be slightly sooner incase other games get called off.

With regards to ringing the EFL, I bet they get sevaral dozen fans of EFL clubs ringing them a day asking when a date is gonna be announced. Particually at this stage of the season.
    I'm assuming that they want to play it safe, seeing as its already been called off twice now and have to factor in the other Checkatreade Cup ties that Shrewsbury may have to play.

Spoke to Chris Parkes.

I'm assuming that they want to play it safe, seeing as its already been called off twice now and have to factor in the other Checkatreade Cup ties that Shrewsbury may have to play.
    These teams with cup runs lasting beyond the start of January, so selfish of them to inconvenience us like this...

Spoke to Chris Parkes.

Makes sence I guess

Bit of a shame it is - the previous week is half term. Bloody inconsiderate if you ask me. :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Acctually wouldn't surprise me if they are waiting to see if Shrews get to the semis of the Check a Trade because if they don't they will probably schedule our game there for Check a Trade semi night.

Bit of a shame it is - the previous week is half term. Bloody inconsiderate if you ask me. :smile:
    Not half term, Easter holidays. Three terms in a school year and "Half Term" falls half way through each Term; October, Feb and May/June.
  • Riviera said:

Was told by the club 17 April is the preferred date but awaiting EFL approval.

Not half term, Easter holidays. Three terms in a school year and "Half Term" falls half way through each Term; October, Feb and May/June.
    Does my head in when people get that wrong.
  • Riviera said:

Was told by the club 17 April is the preferred date but awaiting EFL approval.

• RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Suits me, too many 'Oop North' games close together, sorry for those who have already committed to travel / accommodation though.

Feeling the pinch are we mate?
    Ha no, I've just done Blackburn, Wigan with Bury this Saturday, Blackpool 27th Jan and then Donny 10 Feb and you can have too much of a 'good' thing :wink:
    I would not call visiting Blackpool and Doncaster a good thing.............................
    Depends who you go with :wink:
    F***** me there Mr Chaser!
    Is that a request?
  • Acctually wouldn't surprise me if they are waiting to see if Shrews get to the semis of the Check a Trade because if they don't they will probably schedule our game there for Check a Trade semi night.

Shrewsbury win tonight to progress in the competion...
  • Nice gesture.
  • Bugger !!! If it was the week before it would have fallen during the Easter break (see what I did there). Maybe the Blackpool game will be re-scheduled for early April so I can take Golfie Jnr to an evening game that isn't on a school night. I'm surprised clubs don't take this into consideration.
  • i don't see why we couldn't of played the game tonight? as there are prem champ and league 1 games on
  • Sponsored links:

• i don't see why we couldn't of played the game tonight? as there are prem champ and league 1 games on

Totally agree.
    It would also help prevent a fixture pile up later in the season

Totally agree.
    exactly but the shit for brains efl can't see this.
  • Redrobo said:

Nice gesture.

Depends if they run more than one coach...
  • The cheapest trains available at present are as follows.
    Dep Euston 11.43 Arr Shrewsbury 14.20 £12.50 [£8.25]

Dep Euston 12.23 Arr Shrewsbury 15.14
    Dep Euston 13.40 Arr Shrewsbury 16.14 As above
    Change at Birmingham New Street

Dep Shrewsbury 09.47 Arr Euston 12.33 £12.50 [£8.25]
    Dep Shrewsbury 10.47 Arr Euston 13.33
    Dep Shrewsbury 11.47 Arr Euston 14.33 As above
    Change at Wolverhampton

Railcard fares in brackets.
    This trip requires an overnight stay as the last train departs Shrewsbury at 21.47 & the ground is a long trek from the station.
  • I wonder why the game cannot kick off at 7pm or 7.15pm, that way the away fans could get the last train or has that never thought of? If the TV wanted the kick off to be 6.30 the clubs would not object.
  • 21:47 is a bit early for a last train.

How backward are they down there?
  • Dansk_Red said:

I wonder why the game cannot kick off at 7pm or 7.15pm, that way the away fans could get the last train or has that never thought of? If the TV wanted the kick off to be 6.30 the clubs would not object.

It's not all about the away fans though.

Clubs are mainly watched by fans from their local catchment area - and for mid-week matches there is rush hour traffic, and people having to get home from work, etc.

Too short notice, seeing that the EFL match (which they won) was only last Tuesday?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42774772

They do seem to be taking the EFL cup seriously as well

Too short notice, seeing that the EFL match (which they won) was only last Tuesday?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42774772

They do seem to be taking the EFL cup seriously as well
    not a bad thing, after all nothing better for a team to keep that winning mentality.

Totally agree.
    exactly but the shit for brains efl can't see this.
    Glad you got the efl the right way round!