Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Piggott

Comments

• I noticed he scored for Maidstone away in a 4-4 draw at Woking last Saturday.
  • LenGlover said:

Some of our fans are rather more unforgiving of Pigott than they would be because of That Millwall Match!

He knows where the net is and is still young. Well worth a punt for a club at league 1 or league 2 level.

I dont at all blame him for thag.
    It was his full League debut and thrown in to a massive match against rivals who we havent beaten for years, so mich pressure on that game.

But Yann was injured and Sordell and Chuch could not play together, so we onlu had Piggy.

Unfortunatly I feel that match dented his confidence and he never fully recovered for us, glad he has gained some of it back and I would like to see him back again someday.
  • LenGlover said:

Some of our fans are rather more unforgiving of Pigott than they would be because of That Millwall Match!

He knows where the net is and is still young. Well worth a punt for a club at league 1 or league 2 level.

I dont at all blame him for thag.
    It was his full League debut and thrown in to a massive match against rivals who we havent beaten for years, so mich pressure on that game.

But Yann was injured and Sordell and Chuch could not play together, so we onlu had Piggy.

Unfortunatly I feel that match dented his confidence and he never fully recovered for us, glad he has gained some of it back and I would like to see him back again someday.
    thag is something that happens to us all, we shouldn’t blame Pigott for thag....
  • The young lad has been given a second chance. Don't blow that opportunity
  • Pleased he’s got another opportunity at a league club. Just a shame it’s Wimbledon.
  • Well done Piggy.
  • Will be missed at Maidstone!!
  • He was useful for Southend in League 2 so no surprise IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• I even prefer Magennis to him.
  • Decent goal tbf

• Debut goal.

Piggott had only been on the park 5 minutes when he scored.

• I got a Pigott shirt when he first came through, can’t say it was my wisest investment but hopefully he can ‘pull an Artur’ and make a nice career for himself.
  • JT said:

My brother took Pigs place in the Stones starting line up and scored within 60 seconds. Mainly due to their keeper f*ck up but still.

Said ideally he wanted to play with Pigs in a front two, but wasnt really given the chance

Good to hear as I thought your brother had gone back on loan to Folkestone - Was he recalled or did the spell just come to an end?
  • Very pleased that Joe Pigott has got a second shot at League football - as long as the blighter doesn’t score against us in a few weeks time. After the Cup defeat, we definitely owe AFC one
  • Blucher said:

Very pleased that Joe Pigott has got a second shot at League football - as long as the blighter doesn’t score against us in a few weeks time. After the Cup defeat, we definitely owe AFC one

Think it's pretty much a certainty that he will!
  • Blucher said:

Very pleased that Joe Pigott has got a second shot at League football - as long as the blighter doesn’t score against us in a few weeks time. After the Cup defeat, we definitely owe AFC one

Think it's pretty much a certainty that he will!
    Sadly, I fear you’re right !
  • Sponsored links:

• Followed by countless "we should never have let him go" comments in the post match thread
  • edited January 2018
  • JT said:

My brother took Pigs place in the Stones starting line up and scored within 60 seconds. Mainly due to their keeper f*ck up but still.

Said ideally he wanted to play with Pigs in a front two, but wasnt really given the chance

Good to hear as I thought your brother had gone back on loan to Folkestone - Was he recalled or did the spell just come to an end?
    Was only a month loan. Scored a few get his confidence back. Missed pre season and struggled to catch up i think.
    Looks like he got Man of the match saturday from a stones point of view so progress.

Thin squad there at the mo though so trying to take his chance
  • I see he's scored again tonight to make it 7 in last 15 games for Wimbledon - against Wigan, Walsall, Oldham, Portsmouth, Fleetwood, Sunderland and West Ham.

Some decent opposition there given who we have and will face this season - apart from Wigan and the Hammers of course.
  • Just been subbed following sending off shame for him

I see he's scored again tonight to make it 7 in last 15 games for Wimbledon - against Wigan, Walsall, Oldham, Portsmouth, Fleetwood, Sunderland and West Ham.

Some decent opposition there given who we have and will face this season - apart from Wigan and the Hammers of course.

As people have said before, when he left us he has worked his way back through the leagues.

Had he stayed he may not be the player he is today.

Would he be good enough for us now-yes
    Was he good enough when he left-Probably not.

As with Smith he had to leave to work his way back through the leagues

The irony is that we couldn't sign him now if we wanted to because Wimbledon are unlikely to let him go on a "free" as we did - and "free" is very much the pool we are currently fishing in!
  • Scotty Wagstaff having a good game for wimbledon tonight. Nice beard too.
  • was said be the then development coach that he was the best natural finisher he had seen.........

still a nope for me. Half decent 3rd tier striker - no more, no less.