Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who claimed a free pint after then?

Comments

• Options
    You got a voucher when you went in. Very well organised and no waiting at the bar.

First time in cross bars and thought it was a good atmosphere. Cheap promotion for Heineken and very enjoyable.

Great way to celebrate a great victory.
  • Options

Why would you take something from the club if the owner is hated ? Surely it would have been better to prove a point by telling him to keep it, then Heineken would have asked why fans didn’t take up their offer.

Same outcome if everyone took their free pints but didn't pay for anything else.
  • Options
    So, free beer. Still no bread. Still no circus. Hail Caesar.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

And there's me not buying nothing but the season ticket the past year

Wrong, you drink in Crossbars.

That money goes to the club as well.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Not much though, considering it’s outsourced
  • Options

You'd have to pay me to drink Heineken.

Heineken and San Miguel is very decent medicine.
  • Options

clb74 said:

That may well be true, but when you have the cut the club take from shop sales, the 5% for advanced away tickets sold, things like this all mount up.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

clb74 said:

Saw a bloke literally sprinting to get there!!

Saw a member of card drinking hot beverage at half time
    I bet Roly is doing his best Ebenezer Scrooge impression tonight, counting the impressive profits from that particular purchase..

FFS, like it matters that someone bought a hot chocolate on a freezing cold January afternoon, when it's already known that the old b*stard is already selling up.
    I see now apart from tickets it's notapennymore unless it's cold.
  • Options

clb74 said:

That may well be true, but when you have the cut the club take from shop sales, the 5% for advanced away tickets sold, things like this all mount up.
    Which is why I buy my away tickets directly from the Club we are playing.

Some decent and good value hospitality this season as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

clb74 said:

Good morning elfsborg.
    One of our more vocal protesters. I'm sure your agree.
    When spotted at a midweek home game last season drinking a bottle of lager.
    My mate bought the bottle for me was his answer.
  • Options

As we were leaving the ground we saw the queue outside crossbars and my daughter said “daddy it’s only one beer, is it really worth queuing up for”

Surely @DaveMehmet you should have finished with the truth "No darling it's not...but if you could just stay in the queue for me and then ring me when your near the front.....I'm off to Bartrams!!!"
  • Options

Can't wait until this circus finally jogs on and we can all get back to being a united fan base without all the petty sniping and judgemental tosh.

I hope we can all agree on that....although I'm sure we'll soon have something else to moan about!!

• Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Good morning elfsborg.
    One of our more vocal protesters. I'm sure your agree.
    When spotted at a midweek home game last season drinking a bottle of lager.
    My mate bought the bottle for me was his answer.
    That was Otto and he bought the drink before I could refuse.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    No way will I drink in Crossbars until he's gone. In fact one of my favourite beers, Pelforth Brun, is brewed by Heineken. If he's still here by the end of the season, I'll stop drinking it all together and write to them explaining why :wink:
  • Options

As we were leaving the ground we saw the queue outside crossbars and my daughter said “daddy it’s only one beer, is it really worth queuing up for”

Did you explain that man will crawl over broken glass for a free pint.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never been in Crossbars, does it have anything decent to drink (i.e. ales)?
  • Options

It has house red music.
  • Options
    I popped into Crossbars before the match just to meet up with some friends. I didn’t have a drink as it was almost kicking out time but I was well impressed.
  • Options
    im boycotting Belguim till Roland sells
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I don’t begrudge Roly making any money as long as he does one sooner rather than later.
  • Options

No - they used to have a barrel of reasonably priced real ale on but that stopped a year or 18 months ago. We sometimes go in post-match to see the results and always drink Murphys. Not the best value at £4:80 a pint, especially compared with £3:50 for good bitter in the White Swan with the 20p CAMRA or Charlton season holder discount.

Crossbars is certainly a good facility.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

No - they used to have a barrel of reasonably priced real ale on but that stopped a year or 18 months ago. We sometimes go in post-match to see the results and always drink Murphys. Not the best value at £4:80 a pint, especially compared with £3:50 for good bitter in the White Swan with the 20p CAMRA or Charlton season holder discount.

just a shame about the beer & prices ah
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Thanks. A bit disappointing, not that I have any great desire to drink in Crossbars anyway! The only time I've ever had a beer at the ground is when they had the ale stall in the East Stand, and that's been closed this season (other than the Pompey match)