Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Attn Bikers; Motorcycle thefts seem to be getting more local.

Just a heads up to any bikers on here; I've seen a few local bike thefts being posted on the MotoUK subreddit.

Dartford (Link)
The chain was an 'abloy' 340 hardened chain and lock. From what I can tell it was bolt cutters. I was parked under lights and security cameras in the high street with the chain and steering lock, knowing police patrol there quite often during the night. Made the mistake of being the 'nicest bike there' as all others had left when I found mine gone too. Or maybe that just means multiple people were unlucky.
Shooters Hill (Link)
My Bandit was stolen last night from my Driveway (chain. Cover). It's a silver bandit with a distinct screen (Eddie from Iron Maiden on the front). It was off the road so no insurance and no tracker so no chance of getting anything back unless it's found. If you guys in London could keep your eyes peeled especially round charlton/woolich/Blackheath area I would be forever grateful

Reg is 05-D-4107 (Irish plates)

It's been found. On it's side in a ditch. Damage probably makes it uneconmical to fix so. Sad end to an other wise decent bike :(
Sadly, it doesn't look like this problem is going away any time soon.

Comments

• Modern problem unfortunately a bloke got stabbed several times in the chest for his Rolex watch in greenwich a few months back!, if you have something nice some cnut will only try and nick it, the perpetrators should be strung up
  • Modern problem unfortunately a bloke got stabbed several times in the chest for his Rolex watch in greenwich a few months back!, if you have something nice some cnut will only try and nick it, the perpetrators should be strung up

It's like we're falling back in time, greed will always create a divide.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Modern problem unfortunately a bloke got stabbed several times in the chest for his Rolex watch in greenwich a few months back!, if you have something nice some cnut will only try and nick it, the perpetrators should be strung up

massively crime on the rise, i think out of the 24 types in crime in london alone only 1 didnt rise by double digit figures - whos fault that is i wont go into it. but certainly worrying times.
  • Less police = more risk takers. Sad state of affairs, but the Government will tell you less officers is more effective use of budgets.

• Daggs said:

Dazzler21 said:

Modern problem unfortunately a bloke got stabbed several times in the chest for his Rolex watch in greenwich a few months back!, if you have something nice some cnut will only try and nick it, the perpetrators should be strung up

massively crime on the rise, i think out of the 24 types in crime in london alone only 1 didnt rise by double digit figures - whos fault that is i wont go into it. but certainly worrying times.
    I'll tell you whose fault it is mate. It's the criminals fault no one else. They are in control of their actions, they are responsible for their actions.

It might help if criminals were concerned about the consequences of their actions. But crime and punishment no longer go together.
    they don't tough sentences don't happen anymore - people arent scared of the police.
  • You shouldn't be scared of the police, you should be scared of the consequences of committing a crime.

Police need to be approachable to the public, this approachable nature has worn thin in recent years because the police are having to deal with the fact that sentencing is no longer tough enough and many in the public seem to have something against the police because they got caught speeding, or their friend got pulled over for no reason, or the police disagreed with them snorting a line of coke, smoking pot or popping pills!

The numbers need to increase, sentencing needs to be tougher and the police need to be able to be trusted and trust the public.

On the subject of stolen motorbikes
    Mine's up for sale, new job means I don't really have a commute and as such it's pointless. Priced it low and zero interest except some cheeky bugger offered £1500 for a 2010, Yamaha XJ6 Diversion with just 7,300 miles to its name...

Yet feckers are nicking bikes of a similar age/value and getting £3-4K!
  • These Police/Stop/Wildest/Bodycam programmes highlight the real problem.

Utterly pathetic punishments for far too many crimes.
    The courts seem so out of touch it's unreal.

Mates bike stolen from under security camera at the front of local hospital.
    2 scrotes on a moped, bolt cropped the chain, kicked the steering lock the moped rider pushing it away with his foot as he rode.
  • Sponsored links:

• I believe that we have the most people ever in our prisons than we ever have.

We are having big increases in reported crime rates, yet we have our police forces decimated and the prison services had huge drops in budgets 7-8 years ago.

Clearly people are being jailed. Are they the people that need to be?

I can only speculate that the reluctance of the police to chase these bastards has allowed them to develop their activities with impunity, along with the much reduced numbers of officers available to deal with them.

I think it reasonable to introduce castration for first time bike thieves. Better than chopping off a hand.
  • Was 'relieved' of my 300cc Vespa just before Xmas by two nice men on a scooter wielding a 3ft machete... Broad daylight, loads of passers by...bike parked up on the road outside work, padlock through the front wheel.. I came out of the office to see a bloke in a crash helmet (what I thought was) taking a close look at my scooter... As I got closer I saw that actually he was angle grinding through the lock..as I approached, he came at me with the angle grinder... A passerby approached and then a bloke got off a scooter from in front of us (I hadn't noticed him) and came at the two of us with the machete... I was on the phone to the police at the time.. We retreated and they just got on with it...worked through the lock and then rode off, with the guy on the scooter pushing my scooter with his foot. Police arrived 2 mins after they'd gone round the corner... Area flooded with police and bike found abandoned on an estate about 600 metres away (across the Holloway Road)...£300 in repairs (not claiming on insurance as I'll most likely get refused cover when it comes to renewal..). Anyway, utter, utter scum and the sooner they all kill each other off the better as far as I'm concerned (a thought endorsed by the two police officers who drove me round to collect my bike)...
  • I can't believe that is legal. Obviously they need to be caught but crashing into them seems disproportionate to me.
  • Just watching this on the evening news, bloody brillient, play the little shits at their own game. Copper on the news also saying the old trick of the biker taking his helmet off to avoid a chase will not work, helmet or not the old bill will persue at high speed.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2018

iainment said:

I can't believe that is legal. Obviously they need to be caught but crashing into them seems disproportionate to me.
    How about we tiggle them under their armpits you soppy ****
    **** to you too.
    I don't question the need to catch them, just the method. What if doing this leads to a bystander being injured?
    Is that ok?
  • If you look you will probably see that in every case there are no bystanders and if there were, the tactic would not be used.

I am fully supportive of this and if the crims get a bit of road damage falling off, I would not be at all concerned.

The use of mopeds in robberies is escalating as far as I can tell. Any tactic that reduces that is positive.
  • Clearly a case of the motorcycle thieves deliberating causing a rear end collision imo your honour...
  • Well done the OB, you're half way there. Now just run the bastards over as well :smile:
  • I'm over the moon the police are allowed to do this and I guarantee police officers will be too.

No sympathy whatsoever if any of the thieves end up breaking their necks, I'd have sympathy for their family for raising such a toilet of a human being and then having to live with their offspring/sibling meeting their end that way

• Absolutely bravo and made my day this. Alas, we all know it will come to end when one of these little pricks karks it and the policeman/woman gets done for police brutality or similar. Let’s hope they get as many of the cunts before the inevitable happens and some human rights lawyer filth make him/herself rich getting it outlawed.
  • Two Herbert's down here wandering around dressed as ob knocking on the doors of the elderly. I left the courtesy lights on for them, we can't wait.
    *imagine dog photo* :)
  • T_C_E said:

Two Herbert's down here wandering around dressed as ob knocking on the doors of the elderly. I left the courtesy lights on for them, we can't wait.
    *imagine dog photo* :)

Please rig up some CCTV I know Bailey has a human kill & eat in him and I want to witness it