Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phil Brown

On gardening leave at Southend. Apparently performances and discipline weren't good enough.

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:

Not much to do in the garden this time of year :wink:

Pick up a nice tan.
  • Options

ross1 said:

Not much to do in the garden this time of year :wink:

Pick up a nice tan.
    Not in Southend
  • Options
    I really like Phil Brown! At least, based on his media appearances. He comes across as a nice, smart, faily entertaining chap. But I can't reconcile that with the guy who grabbed the mic and sang after a game, so there must be something else going on with him that I can't understand.
  • Options
    Mr Powell rumoured to be linked with the vacancy
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Wow already... Good luck to him.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

That’s Southend promoted next season then. Can’t see him being too keen on having Nile Ranger in the squad though
  • Options
    Spent too much of his time on Talksport and TV bothering about his 'image', when he should have been managing a football club.

Definitely fits into the 'chancer' category.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can see Chrissy Powell getting this job and how long before Southend are above us ?
  • Options

shirty5 said:

That’s Southend promoted next season then. Can’t see him being too keen on having Nile Ranger in the squad though
    Southend sacked Ranger on the 4th January, he is long gone.
  • Options

Spent too much of his time on Talksport and TV bothering about his 'image', when he should have been managing a football club.

Oh your talking about Brown, sorry I thought you meant someone else ;-)
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Oh your talking about Brown, sorry I thought you meant someone else ;-)
    It crossed my mind Shirty! :wink:
  • Options

Even though I like him I agree with that. Been to Southend a few times in the last year, and heard that review more than once.
  • Options
    When we played them a few weeks ago, the Southend fan suggested back then that Brown was under threat, but that someone else was favourite rather than Powell, who to me seemed the obvious choice
  • Options
    7 defeats in their last 8 games. Guess what match wasn't the defeat, and was in fact a win.

yep - Boxing day.

• Options
    Dont like him.

"Weird guy from hull"

is my 1st thought
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

He'll do good up there
  • Options

7 defeats in their last 8 games. Guess what match wasn't the defeat, and was in fact a win.

yep - Boxing day.

Think we only bettered that by two draws instead of two defeats.
  • Options
    Know someone who worked with. They weren't impressed.
  • Options

That is realistic
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    love the comment in the southend statement digging him out over not controlling Nile Ranger
  • Options
    Not liked at all in these parts and heard things that shocked