Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Talksport Magazine.

Just seen the talksport magazine for the 1st time, and loved Mike Parrys rant on page 14.
Also got 8/8 in the "strip" quiz (page 320.
Its free on Talksport.net website.

Comments

• Been getting since it began, good thursday lunchtime read along with CharltonLife. ;-0
  • I will confess now that I do keep going back and answering the questions on the strip quiz until I get it right, although not looked at it for a few weeks now.
  • It’s good just to hear clips of the week if you miss it first time.
  • edited January 2018
    Listening to TalkSport today, someone apparently scored for the first time in 9 years. This coupled with the Alex Willis thread had me thinking...

How many goals have I ever scored in 11-aside games.
    Me personally in my last 2 seasons, I moved from final 10 minute sub to last half an hour sub, with a few starts... I played around 30 games scoring 4 goals #karlanyouareforgiven

I think my total stats would have been something like 6 in 60 with about 25 assists, from a whole bundle of random positions... Predominantly as a forward though was known to play CM, RM and RB...as well as one other.

What about you lot?

Also what's the best shout you've heard at an 11-aside game?

Mine's gotta be a Goalkeeper charging out to the scream "Fat C***'s Ball!"

Fortunately he meant himself!

I also got turned inside out upside down by a speedy tricky right mid ringer, who plays semi pro. I was playing left back and after getting skinned for the third or 4th time, cried out 'I'm not a left back!'

I stopped playing 11-aside back in 2014, it was good fun!
  • Why have you resurrected a 9 year old thread, to post a comment that has nothing to do with the OP of the old thread?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Listening to TalkSport today, someone apparently scored for the first time in 9 years. This coupled with the Alex Willis thread had me thinking...

How many goals have I ever scored in 11-aside games.
    Me personally in my last 2 seasons, I moved from final 10 minute sub to last half an hour sub, with a few starts... I played around 30 games scoring 4 goals #karlanyouareforgiven

I think my total stats would have been something like 6 in 60 with about 25 assists, from a whole bundle of random positions... Predominantly as a forward though was known to play CM, RM and RB...as well as one other.

What about you lot?

Also what's the best shout you've heard at an 11-aside game?

Mine's gotta be a Goalkeeper charging out to the scream "Fat C***'s Ball!"

Fortunately he meant himself!

I also got turned inside out upside down by a speedy tricky right mid ringer, who plays semi pro. I was playing left back and after getting skinned for the third or 4th time, cried out 'I'm not a left back!'

I stopped playing 11-aside back in 2014, it was good fun!

Why have you resurrected a 9 year old thread, to post a comment that has nothing to do with the OP of the old thread?

Don't care, let's roll with it. Not the first thread to be taken off topic and it won't be the last either.

Not at 11-a-side, but I coach at youth level. Shout from an opposition coach earlier this season: 'Lads, you're playing too much football!' Needless to say we beat his team who looked clueless and play them again this weekend in a cup game.