Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I am really pissed off with it all now. What really pisses me off is that we have, according to respected ITK posters, had 3 or 4 serious bidders over the last few months, who for some reason all demand absolute anonymity. Why? Has any other club had so many shy suitors at the same time. What is it about Charlton that only seems to attract suitors who, apparently, will run for the hills if any accurate information about them or their bid leaks into the press or onto message forums.

If these bidders are all walking away now then fuck them.

We seem ready to castigate the club and RM for not keeping the fans better informed. Now that the bidders have walked away what is the motivation for the ITK posters to continue to respect these bidders' wishes to remain anonymous? If you can't tell us who these bidders are, or what their bids are, don't claim you know the bids are being turned down or that you know what RD is asking.

Yeah. Why is that?
    Like Andrew Muir and Donald Muir, you mean?
    I must admit I stopped reading this thread months ago when it started getting silly, only opening it once every 10 days or so to skim read the unread threads. I remember seeing these names as just some more of a long list of possible bidders, rumoured or just resulting from conjecture and speculation. The presence of Mcleish at a couple of matches, and the fact that he is a long term friend of one of the Muirs, (can't be bothered to check which one because I simply don't care anymore) seemed to be the only solid evidence connecting this Muir to a bid.

Maybe I missed the post where you confirmed that there was a concrete bid from a group led by this Muir. Has he walked away now? Is RM likely to know more about this bid than you do?
    RM is very likely to know more, but in fact someone I know previously worked with Donald Muir, has been in contact with him, has confirmed that he was previously a season-ticket holder and has established that he is involved, but understandably no more info was provided than that.
    I can confirm that it's not me or my son.

• edited January 2018
    Addickted said:

Gerald Ratner cost his company £500m just by saying "because it's total crap."

I wonder what the cost to Malexis a couple of dozen old vinegar pissers could do given the right publicity?

£55m? You ain't seen nothing yet Roland.

You bought the wrong Club

#notapennymore

The difference is, Ratner said the goods he was selling in his shop was crap, so no-one wanted to buy it. RD runs down Charlton but his company Malexis customers do not care about Charlton, so it has no effect
  • I hope this is wrong but i think we will see out this season and then he will windup the club but keep the valley and SL
  • Every day I am waking up to less and less posts here, overnight. Now under 100 per night. Either the calm before the storm or the takeover is dying.
  • edited January 2018
    PopIcon said:

How much dosh is left in the CARD kitty?
    I know a hitman in Dartford who will get rid of him for 4.5k.

If you are reading this officer poplcon is not serious..........................it's £10k
  • I think all this horseshit mostly just makes me feel the need to support Robinson and the team more.

They need that support now more then ever.

They really do need the fans behind them at the moment. The result at bury was as pleasing as it was surprising.

They have at least given us something.

COYR

• Sponsored links:

• Depressing but it's RD and Charlton to be expected ---- he stays one more season and there is no coming back
  • https://www.cafc.co.uk/takeover

- they should change the 404 page message to 'the club cannot be found'
  • PopIcon said:

How much dosh is left in the CARD kitty?
    I know a hitman in Dartford who will get rid of him for 4.5k.

If you are reading this officer poplcon is not serious..........................it's £10k
    That would be over too quickly. About four years of suffering first would be just.
  • J BLOCK said:

Not sure if this is of relevance

Looks like as of then they didn't really have a particular club in mind
  • How would anybody on here know the figure being asked for is £55m? Maybe he has told one party that to flush them out? Maybe it's a red herring - who knows?
  • Sponsored links:

• Even if “The Duche” is deluded in his valuation, surely he must have serious people advising him of the “True” value of the club?

Or is it simply, even if he did, he simply wouldn’t listen/take their opinion?
  • This deal will be for £1, with the buyer agreeing to repay RD £XM over a certain period. The best offer is £27M, RD wants £55M.

How do I know?....

Trust me.
  • It won’t because of the former Director loans
  • Is it still happening tomorrow then?
  • Have to agree with NLA , Lets not get all doom and gloom from Red Henry post that started all this
  • The figure quoted seems to be similar to the figure quoted as the debt to staprix.

One thing I am curious about is that if you are Roland Duchatelet and you agree to let somebody do due diligence, out the outset wouldn't there be a ballpark figure 'understanding', or at least within a range? Wouldn't Duchatelet also like to know if the person they are dealing with is good for the money?

So there are a few scenarios.

One is that Duchatelet entered into things at a lower price and then surprisingly doubled it or something. I don't think that is very likely.
    Another one is entering in to things with a view to selling Charlton Athletic in portions, again ballpark figures being 'understood' at the outset.
    Another one is that the initial deal was started as being very contingent on a lot of things, but as a bald deal for everything the price is too high.
    Another one is that the gap between what the bidder is prepared to pay, and what Duchatelet wants is dealable with, some give and take, some creative thinking, I dunno.
    The 55 million figure talked of today is not really that much of a surprise is it?
  • edited January 2018
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!