Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Ross said:

Is he still putting £1m into the club a month like he was previously?

What I’m about to say needs to be said every time this is mentioned (RD being mentioned as putting in money). He isn’t, what he’s doing is creating debt from the club to him (staprix). He’s not putting anything in, in fact, he’s making interest on that profit, he is techniquely speaking taking money out of the club, the longer he’s in charge, the more money he is owed. With interest.
    He's still putting cash in though

If the club is spending more than it earns, then somebody has to cover the difference, it's not as if any bank would be happy to cover the gap

(Of course a lot of this cash shortfall is down to his mismanagement etc, but that's a separate question)
  • edited January 2018
    We ain't getting sold are we?
  • Can you imagine what season ticket sales for next season will be with this idiot in charge.

He will have to stick in a lot more money than he is doing at the moment, unbelievable.
  • I say if he ain't going to put anymore money into us with transfers or anything we start getting games abandoned so we get fined more and more he's already assist stripping so that wouldn't matter!!

• Does he know what club he owns? Roland must believe he bought Chelsea.

No wonder he never comes to The Valley.
    Maybe's a regular at Stamford Bridge?

• Redhenry said:

No progress unfortunately. RD wants 55m, the best bid is about half that amount.

Just don't get this
    Surely any potential bidder would be aware of his asking price before going through DD etc.
    That being the case as unrealistic as his sale price is why would you be in negotiations with him if you were only going to offer half of what he wants??
    Yes, I'm sceptical that the £55m is the "real" figure, as none of the bidders will offer anything near that, and he will know that as well.

It's like haggling in a Moroccan souk...
  • I am really pissed off with it all now. What really pisses me off is that we have, according to respected ITK posters, had 3 or 4 serious bidders over the last few months, who for some reason all demand absolute anonymity. Why? Has any other club had so many shy suitors at the same time. What is it about Charlton that only seems to attract suitors who, apparently, will run for the hills if any accurate information about them or their bid leaks into the press or onto message forums.

If these bidders are all walking away now then fuck them.

We seem ready to castigate the club and RM for not keeping the fans better informed. Now that the bidders have walked away what is the motivation for the ITK posters to continue to respect these bidders' wishes to remain anonymous? If you can't tell us who these bidders are, or what their bids are, don't claim you know the bids are being turned down or that you know what RD is asking.

Yeah. Why is that?
  • The bizarre or more so, frustrating thing is that we are 6th and if we were looked after just a little bit more, we could convincingly challenge for promotion and give it a real go.
    Surely it would be in Roland's best interest to sell the club when it's in the championship.

It has recently became more apparent that Roland is just the specific kind of complete c*nt that's now beyond our wildest imagination.

I cannot believe it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can you imagine what season ticket sales for next season will be with this idiot in charge.

He will have to stick in a lot more money than he is doing at the moment, unbelievable.

Do you think so? Anybody with any sense would have stopped giving RD and the club their hard earned cash ages ago so I suspect those that are left will always go.

The walk ups may drop of a bit more.

• I am really pissed off with it all now. What really pisses me off is that we have, according to respected ITK posters, had 3 or 4 serious bidders over the last few months, who for some reason all demand absolute anonymity. Why? Has any other club had so many shy suitors at the same time. What is it about Charlton that only seems to attract suitors who, apparently, will run for the hills if any accurate information about them or their bid leaks into the press or onto message forums.

We seem ready to castigate the club and RM for not keeping the fans better informed. Now that the bidders have walked away what is the motivation for the ITK posters to continue to respect these bidders' wishes to remain anonymous? If you can't tell us who these bidders are, or what their bids are, don't claim you know the bids are being turned down or that you know what RD is asking.

To be fair I don’t know that all the bidders have walked away. It’s just the reality gap between them and Duchatelet is wide.

As for the ITK posters information. I think all have said they don’t have names. Everything we do know has come about by deduction.

I do agree we do seem to have some very shy and retiring suitors though.

• The sad thing is if he really wants 55 million for the club then I just can't see a sale taking place.
    God knows what the future holds for us if Roland remains.
    I feel depressed now as I really thought a takeover was imminent.

His angle could be to keep The Valley and or Sparrows Lane and rent them or make a deal for a continuing income from CAFC revenues.
  • _MrDick said:

I actually think this could be the end for us. No one is going to pay £55m and Duchatelet won't back down .. I fear the worst.

He will back down, start with your highest price to temp the mugs and when that fails get down to the real business with the savvy buyers.

We have all seen some of the clueless twats that have bought football clubs, who can blame him for hoping one would show up in SE7.
  • Even 27.5 mill is overpaying in my mind.

As a comparison, I read an article at the start of this season that put values on clubs in the prem based on assets such as players, ground, supporter base, etc.

Huddersfield were valued at around £28 million
  • Looks like Everton will get Konsa for a bargain then! Desperate Douche
  • The sad thing is if he really wants 55 million for the club then I just can't see a sale taking place.

His angle could be to keep The Valley and or Sparrows Lane and rent them or make a deal for a continuing income from CAFC revenues.
    But then the bidders would drop their bids even more. A 3rd division club without its stadium and training ground is worth peanuts

I can't see anyone falling for that one, they'd only be buying a fixture list and the "goodwill" of us supporters.

But then the bidders would drop their bids even more. A 3rd division club without its stadium and training ground is worth peanuts
    Exactly, you would effectively be buying a loss-making company with no assets.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am really pissed off with it all now. What really pisses me off is that we have, according to respected ITK posters, had 3 or 4 serious bidders over the last few months, who for some reason all demand absolute anonymity. Why? Has any other club had so many shy suitors at the same time? What is it about Charlton that only seems to attract suitors who, apparently, will run for the hills if any accurate information about them or their bid leaks into the press or onto message forums?

There are loads of reasons why a company would want anonymity in buying anything. Especially another company that turns over millions of pounds.
  • Does this supposed £55M include the £7M owed to previous Directors, and does the approx £27.5M offer include that £7M?

Yeah. Why is that?
    Like Andrew Muir and Donald Muir, you mean?
    I must admit I stopped reading this thread months ago when it started getting silly, only opening it once every 10 days or so to skim read the unread threads. I remember seeing these names as just some more of a long list of possible bidders, rumoured or just resulting from conjecture and speculation. The presence of Mcleish at a couple of matches, and the fact that he is a long term friend of one of the Muirs, (can't be bothered to check which one because I simply don't care anymore) seemed to be the only solid evidence connecting this Muir to a bid.

Maybe I missed the post where you confirmed that there was a concrete bid from a group led by this Muir. Has he walked away now? Is RM likely to know more about this bid than you do?

Yeah. Why is that?
    Undisclosed.

Like everything else RD does with regard to Charlton.
  • edited January 2018

I am really pissed off with it all now. What really pisses me off is that we have, according to respected ITK posters, had 3 or 4 serious bidders over the last few months, who for some reason all demand absolute anonymity. Why? Has any other club had so many shy suitors at the same time. What is it about Charlton that only seems to attract suitors who, apparently, will run for the hills if any accurate information about them or their bid leaks into the press or onto message forums.

Yeah. Why is that?
    Like Andrew Muir and Donald Muir, you mean?
    I assume Donald Muir isn't the actual bidder though, he's just working for the bidder on the finances and possible investment returns.

PS. I think the person who first identified who the stranger in the Directors box deserves a mention in the next VOTV. Made life a bit easier for certain investigating reporters.
  • _MrDick said:

I actually think this could be the end for us. No one is going to pay £55m and Duchatelet won't back down .. I fear the worst.

He will back down, start with your highest price to temp the mugs and when that fails get down to the real business with the savvy buyers.

We have all seen some of the clueless twats that have bought football clubs, who can blame him for hoping one would show up in SE7.
    One already did.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!