Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Fiiish said:

Those flapping morons singing shit songs in the new Nationwide adverts. Just sod off.

I think they are rather clever.
  • Songs where people say "tings" instead of "things"
  • Windows updates. Just got done fixing the problems from the last one, then BOOM, they blow up my laptop again.
  • Songs where people say "tings" instead of "things"

Alexa, play the Ting Tings.
  • Fiiish said:

Is it me or is it becoming significantly more difficult to leave a restaurant nowadays? Last three places I've been to, service is otherwise faultless except once you're finished your last course no one seems to come to see if you're done when clearly you want to pay and leave. And they seem to think this requires separate interactions.

"Are you finished?" Yes ie can we get the bill and pay
    5 minutes later
    "Can we get the bill"
    5 minutes later
    "Here's the bill" (walks off for no reason)
    5 minutes later
    "Oh you're paying by card?" Goes to get the card machine
    5 minutes later you finally pay.

Why not just bring the card machine once the last course is finished and stop wasting everyone's time? If I'm not ready to pay I'll let you know. And they wonder why I tell them to take the service charge off.

Seems to happen in most restaurants these days.
  • Fiiish said:

Is it me or is it becoming significantly more difficult to leave a restaurant nowadays? Last three places I've been to, service is otherwise faultless except once you're finished your last course no one seems to come to see if you're done when clearly you want to pay and leave. And they seem to think this requires separate interactions.

5 minutes later
    "Can we get the bill"
    5 minutes later
    5 minutes later

Why not just bring the card machine once the last course is finished and stop wasting everyone's time? If I'm not ready to pay I'll let you know. And they wonder why I tell them to take the service charge off.

Just get up & walk out - they're soon be after you to pay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

5 minutes later
    "Can we get the bill"
    5 minutes later
    5 minutes later

Just get up & walk out - they're soon be after you to pay.
    The trouble is the staff are often so comatose that I doubt they'd notice a table leaving without paying for at least half an hour and then I doubt if caught that excuse would wash with a copper.
  • edited January 2018
    We have 2 driveway spaces and on Sunday someone dumped a 2 year old Merc there which means my partner can't park her car at our house.

I'd love to slash a tyre or deface it but for all I know it's a drug dealer's or stolen and someone has stashed it there. Either way it's shady and I'm thoroughly pissed off with it! I've just reported it to the council (it is taxed) but for all I know it could be weeks before they come. I f'n hate how selfish, thoughtless and self entitled 'people' like that are.
  • RedPanda said:

We have 2 driveway spaces and on Sunday someone dumped a 2 year old Merc there which means my partner can't park her car at our house.

I'd love to slash a tyre or deface it but for all I know it's a drug dealer's or stolen and someone has stashed it there. Either way it's shady and I'm thoroughly pissed off with it! I've just reported it to the council (it is taxed) but for all I know it could be weeks before they come. I f'n hate how selfish, thoughtless and self entitled 'people' like that are.

Piss in the petrol tank.
  • RedPanda said:

They’ve parked it on your drive?
  • edited January 2018

RedPanda said:

They’ve parked it on your drive?
    Yeah, literally! So whilst I have been tempted to add some kind of bodily matter to it (eg cat poo on the bonnet) I don't really want some scum bag taking things further. Maybe I should call the police too and see if anyone has reported it as stolen.
  • edited January 2018
  • RedPanda said:

Is it on private property?
  • HMRC.
    You need an access code to log in.

Request access code, access code takes 15/20 minutes to arrive, type in access code, get message 'session has timed out', refresh login page, enter access code, get message 'this is an old code, wait for new code'

Repeat.

Their website is a joke.

Couldn’t even get past the sign in page today despite entering the correct user ID, password and access code more than once.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedPanda said:

If it is on your drive then ignore all this private clamping bollox, put the window through, handbrake off and move it onto the road. If you find any cash in there, keep it and if you find drugs PM me.

Once it's in the middle of the road call the council and the will get it moved a lot quicker now it's on a public highway.

To be fair just a few strong men should be able to budge it handbrake or not.
  • edited January 2018
    RedPanda said:

Reminds me of a similar situation I've got going on.

About 6 months ago a woman began parking in one of our 3 spaces in the drive. I live in a block of 3 flats; one neighbour knows nothing about the car, and the other flat has actually traded hands in the time this woman has been using the space. She's parked there around 8-7 everyday, other than Sundays, suggesting she's going to work somewhere nearby..

Her car is a bit beaten up (despite being relatively new), so I don't particularly trust her.. not to mention she's nearly ran me over twice in the past month. When she's reversing out there's no stopping her.

I initially thought "Nah, she's not going to be ballsy enough to pull in to someones drive to nick their parking spot".. I believe I'm now wrong.
  • LuckyReds said:

RedPanda said:

About 6 months ago a woman began parking in one of our 3 spaces in the drive. I live in a block of 3 flats; one neighbour knows nothing about the car, and the other flat has actually traded hands in the time this woman has been using the space. She's parked there around 8-7 everyday, other than Sundays, suggesting she's going to work somewhere nearby..

Her car is a bit beaten up (despite being relatively new), so I don't particularly trust her.. not to mention she's nearly ran me over twice in the past month. When she's reversing out there's no stopping her.

I initially thought "Nah, she's not going to be ballsy enough to pull in to someones drive to nick their parking spot".. I believe I'm now wrong.
    Are your three spaces next to each other?

• Macronate said:

HMRC.
    You need an access code to log in.

Request access code, access code takes 15/20 minutes to arrive, type in access code, get message 'session has timed out', refresh login page, enter access code, get message 'this is an old code, wait for new code'

Repeat.

Their website is a joke.

Couldn’t even get past the sign in page today despite entering the correct user ID, password and access code more than once.
    Same here. Completed my tax return just before xmas & logged on yesterday to pay my tax bill only to find the log-in details weren't being accepted, even though I only verified them last month. wtf ??? Not the first time this has happened. I think I might just do a Carillion & not pay.
  • RedPanda said:

If it is on your drive then ignore all this private clamping bollox, put the window through, handbrake off and move it onto the road. If you find any cash in there, keep it and if you find drugs PM me.

Once it's in the middle of the road call the council and the will get it moved a lot quicker now it's on a public highway.

My thoughts exactly. If its only 2 years old it must be worth quite a bit. I'd assume that its been stolen & then dumped. Take it for a joyride or use it until it is claimed.
  • LuckyReds said:

RedPanda said:

Yeah, they are indeed. At a 90 degree angle to the drive itself which runs along the side of the property.
  • LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

RedPanda said:

Yeah, they are indeed. At a 90 degree angle to the drive itself which runs along the side of the property.
    Can you just park the car's across taking up three spaces?
  • RedPanda said:

Where I lived, people dumped 25 year old Yugos
  • Fiiish said:

RedPanda said:

To be fair just a few strong men should be able to budge it handbrake or not.
    Probably wouldn't steer.
  • LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

RedPanda said:

Mate, this wouldn't be on a message board. Only one way to deal with people like this and that's direct action. confront her and tell her to fuck right off

The motor on a drive would have been shifted too, don't worry about comebacks, that has been dumped.

Don't waste your time shitting on it, phone the old bill and they will take it away I promise you