Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Indeed the problem with RD's time at the club isn't that we haven't spent money, it's that we've spent it really badly.

Roland, who did that ... ?

• Options
    So we will have a team of inexperienced youth players - after any senior player worth anything is flogged with no replacements. Then a half season of struggling to stay in L1. Forget the half season tickets - who will bother turning up to support a decimated team, probably managed by Nobby Vinegar.

See you in the car park on Saturday.
  • Options
    Mentioned previously the difference in offers and valuation could be around 20 million. For it to be more than that is shocking. Why are the interested parties hanging around? 55 million is an 'I don't want to sell price'.

The way I understand the Roland putting in 1 million a month is the following:

1, It was never 1 million a month. Lets call it losses of 500k.
    2, it's true that Duche is loading the losses onto the club and charging interest.
    3, Duche will only get back what a potential new owner is prepared to pay.
    4, prior to any sale, operating losses have to be covered from somewhere. If they don't come from players sales then as the owner they need to come from Duche. Once Duche has run out of players to sell he will have to put more cash into the business, sell the club or wind it up.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Mentioned previously the difference in offers and valuation could be around 20 million. For it to be more than that is shocking. Why are the interested parties hanging around? 55 million is an 'I don't want to sell price'.

The way I understand the Roland putting in 1 million a month is the following:

1, It was never 1 million a month. Lets call it losses of 500k.
    2, it's true that Duche is loading the losses onto the club and charging interest.
    3, Duche will only get back what a potential new owner is prepared to pay.
    4, prior to any sale, operating losses have to be covered from somewhere. If they don't come from players sales then as the owner they need to come from Duche. Once Duche has run out of players to sell he will have to put more cash into the business, sell the club or wind it up.

My thoughts exactly.

• Options
    Redhenry said:

No progress unfortunately. RD wants 55m, the best bid is about half that amount.

Well thats that then I suspect. If the old fool really is expecting £55 million then I fear for our future under him. The gap between offers and price is just insane.

• Options
    Well this is shit news. So depressing, and so unsurprising.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

No progress unfortunately. RD wants 55m, the best bid is about half that amount.

Just don't get this
    Surely any potential bidder would be aware of his asking price before going through DD etc.
    That being the case as unrealistic as his sale price is why would you be in negotiations with him if you were only going to offer half of what he wants??
    You do DD to validate his asking price and ascertain if it is worth what he is asking for (or maybe has potential to be). In the course of the DD you unearth lots of things that need answers and then eventually you make a more realistic offer based on what you've discovered... and that's probably why any potential buyers seem to be on hold as they've discovered that we are not worth anything like £55m.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So that Saudi chap bought 50% of Sheffield United who had a bigger fan base than us at the time for £1.

RD wants £55M for us.

What is the highest price paid for a league one club?
  • Options
    Roland, if someone is offering around £30 million bite their hand off quick!!
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Redhenry said:

Just don't get this
    Surely any potential bidder would be aware of his asking price before going through DD etc.
    That being the case as unrealistic as his sale price is why would you be in negotiations with him if you were only going to offer half of what he wants??
    You do DD to validate his asking price and ascertain if it is worth what he is asking for (or maybe has potential to be). In the course of the DD you unearth lots of things that need answers and then eventually you make a more realistic offer based on what you've discovered... and that's probably why any potential buyers seem to be on hold as they've discovered that we are not worth anything like £55m.
    £55 million you say.

LEAGUE ONE club that has been that has been well publicised as to being in complete disarray and run into the ground for the last 5 or 6 years.

That’s my DD done right there. I’ll shut the door on my way out.

• Options

I have heard a very similar figure - in fact slightly higher, but that was a couple of weeks ago.

Christ almighty.
  • Options
    Short conversation. Prospective buyer "Douchebag, what do you want for the club"?
    Douch-£55 mil
    Prospective buyer "bye then"
  • Options
    Mischon de Reyna must have pissed themselves laughing when Roland got on the phone to them!

Is their fee included in the asking price?
  • Options

Mischon de Reyna must have pissed themselves laughing when Roland got on the phone to them!

Is their fee included in the asking price?

Probably a percentage of the final sale figure so no, I doubt they pissed themselves. The higher the selling price the more they get.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Still certain that Roland is a scholar of the Alan Partridge School of negotiation.

He will have to go back cap in hand to perspective buyers as this drags on, still trying to get a ‘win’ along the way

” So to recap Mr Duchatelet, the Saudi prince offered £18,000,000”

Douche “ Huh. Tell them for £18,000,001 they have themselves a deal”
  • Options
    Maybe the new pitch was really really expensive?!
  • Options
    If he genuinely wants £55m then he has no intention of selling because no one will pay that. £55m for a League One club is ridiculous.
  • Options
    He’s going to run us into the ground isn’t he ?

God alone knows what our squad will look like at the start of next season.

I think that’s me done with attending until this this clown is gone.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I am really pissed off with it all now. What really pisses me off is that we have, according to respected ITK posters, had 3 or 4 serious bidders over the last few months, who for some reason all demand absolute anonymity. Why? Has any other club had so many shy suitors at the same time? What is it about Charlton that only seems to attract suitors who, apparently, will run for the hills if any accurate information about them or their bid leaks into the press or onto message forums?

If these bidders are all walking away now then fuck them.

We seem ready to castigate the club and RM for not keeping the fans better informed. Now that the bidders have walked away what is the motivation for the ITK posters to continue to respect these bidders' wishes to remain anonymous? If you can't tell us who these bidders are, or what their bids are, don't claim you know the bids are being turned down or that you know what RD is asking.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!