Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

mk dons good chance of reschedule. 17/02/2017

went to book some train tickets this morning for mk dons as they were £7.50 return and noticed that the game falls on fa cup 5th round day, mk dons have coventry at home in the 4th round so likely it could be postponed.

Comments

• My 31st birthday plans for Stadium MK and Bletchley Park in ruins! Maybe I'll just go to the pub
  • Might be a good day to play the Shrewsbury match (assuming they don't beat West ham in the replay)
  • Might be a good day to play the Shrewsbury match (assuming they don't beat West ham in the replay)

They’re at home to Rotherham that day.
  • went to book some train tickets this morning for mk dons as they were £7.50 return and noticed that the game falls on fa cup 5th round day, mk dons have coventry at home in the 4th round so likely it could be postponed.

Don't think train technology is quite there yet.
    You'll need a tardis to make that date.

Yours pedantically,
    PBS
  • edited January 2018
    Decided against taking the risk for pre booking the train. I actually think Coventry will win but thought I would just pay for Peterborough away train tickets instead.

Could have three more weekday matches before the end of the season Shrewsbury away, MK away, and Plymouth at home (During the international break, I am selfishly hoping it will be called off because I am in Amsterdam watching England).

• edited January 2018

Decided against taking the risk for pre booking the train. I actually think Coventry will win but thought I would just pay for Peterborough away train tickets instead.

Could have three more weekday matches before the end of the season Shrewsbury away, MK away, and Plymouth at home (During the international break, I am selfishly hoping it will be called off because I am in Amsterdam watching England).

You'd better hope that Konsa isn't sold then. Would only have 2 call ups (Da Silva & Magennis) so game would go ahead. Unless, of course, we sign Alexis Sanchez within the next 2 weeks.
  • Fortunately this doesn't affect me as I wouldn't put money in their pockets unless I really had to (cup final or semi)
  • Decided against taking the risk for pre booking the train. I actually think Coventry will win but thought I would just pay for Peterborough away train tickets instead.

You'd better hope that Konsa isn't sold then. Would only have 2 call ups (Da Silva & Magennis) so game would go ahead. Unless, of course, we sign Alexis Sanchez within the next 2 weeks.
    Err, don't believe it's anything to do with international games, Golfie.....
  • Decided against taking the risk for pre booking the train. I actually think Coventry will win but thought I would just pay for Peterborough away train tickets instead.

I was referring to the post saying that 3 games he/she could see included one during the International break and he/she was hoping that it would be called off ala Shrewsbury.
  • Sponsored links:

• AH bollocks. A bunch of us have hired a hospitality box for this one (it’s someone’s birthday - not mine!) with a view to a day of food, beer and transvestism (we’re going to eat, drink and be Mary). Transport all arranged. Will be a bummer if it gets rearranged.

I was referring to the post saying that 3 games he/she could see included one during the International break and he/she was hoping that it would be called off ala Shrewsbury.
    Mea culpa, Golfie.

Confused by the reference to the Plymouth match being a weekday one ( so I thought....)

Doesn't take much to confuse me these days.
  • edited January 2018
    Looks like it's going ahead as planned after Coventry won today.

Anyone know which of the train stations is easiest to get to/from the ground (MK Central, Bletchley, Fenny Stratford) as I need to head up to the North West after the game and trying to find the easiest station to get to after the game which can get me up North the quickest. Currently looking at the 17:41 from MK Central, anyone know if this is feasible?
  • Will be booking a return to Bletchley tomorrow return £16.60
  • That's a good price. Will be my birthday. Could make a weekend of it. It being Bletchley. Although we're also tempted by Dartmoor. That might be more one for summer though
  • Booked an £11.20 return from Brighton. Played it safe and booked the 7:13PM train back.

I normally boycott franchise, but starting a new job which is shift work and not sure how many away matches I will get too before the end of the season.
  • No excuse for me to miss out on this, living only 10 mins from the ground!
  • Looks like it's going ahead as planned after Coventry won today.

Anyone know which of the train stations is easiest to get to/from the ground (MK Central, Bletchley, Fenny Stratford) as I need to head up to the North West after the game and trying to find the easiest station to get to after the game which can get me up North the quickest. Currently looking at the 17:41 from MK Central, anyone know if this is feasible?

The number 1 bus goes to Milton Keynes Station from outside the stadium & departs at 17.15 & takes about 10 mins apparently.
  • Coventry fans outnumbered the “ home fans “ fans yesterday. They took 8k, a good effort.
  • edited January 2018
    clive said:

The number 1 bus goes to Milton Keynes Station from outside the stadium & departs at 17.15 & takes about 10 mins apparently.
    Thanks Clive I was thinking of getting a cab there but wasn't sure if it's one of those places you're forced along a gridlocked road pushing for time even with a small attendance in the ground but sounds promising cheers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Booked an £11.20 return from Brighton. Played it safe and booked the 7:13PM train back.

You'll just spend more money on more beers waiting for the 7.13. :smile:

• clive said:

Thanks Clive I was thinking of getting a cab there but wasn't sure if it's one of those places you're forced along a gridlocked road pushing for time even with a small attendance in the ground but sounds promising cheers!
    Loads of space around the ground and, as ever in Milton Keynes, traffic is way less of an issue than other places. That place has certainly been urbanely planned well :)
  • Oggy Red said:

Booked an £11.20 return from Brighton. Played it safe and booked the 7:13PM train back.

You'll just spend more money on more beers waiting for the 7.13. :smile:

I’ll probably still be in the ground at 7PM, waiting for Robbo’s post match huddle to finally finish.
  • James86 said:

No excuse for me to miss out on this, living only 10 mins from the ground!

Hi James. We cant be too far from each other. I live in Olney, about 20 mins from the ground.
  • Just booked car park ticket on their own site
  • Me and jnr up there Friday night hoping for some karting in the morning.
  • Olney is a nice little place, we looked there when we left Kent to move up this way @PeterGage I’m down near Oakridge Park on the Newport/Wolverton Road.

• James86 said:

Olney is a nice little place, we looked there when we left Kent to move up this way @PeterGage I’m down near Oakridge Park on the Newport/Wolverton Road.

Yes, close indeed. I moved this way in 1990 when my (then) company relocated from London to MK. I just love Olney and am now retired.
  • Any shouts for local watering holes or are we better having a few in euston then jumping on train to Bletchley
  • AH bollocks. A bunch of us have hired a hospitality box for this one (it’s someone’s birthday - not mine!) with a view to a day of food, beer and transvestism (we’re going to eat, drink and be Mary). Transport all arranged. Will be a bummer if it gets rearranged.

it sounds like it might be a bummer even if it isn't re arranged!