Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson praises Murray and suggests possible takeover update

Comments

• Options

Is Murray's comments in the Holmes piece the announcement with regard the takeover or do we think there will be something else this week?
    Just shows the world RD really is milking this club for all it's worth

I think that is the statement for now.

Not much but more than Meire said for a year.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

HarryLime said:

Out of interest and I may have well missed it, but is Rubashow still with us? And if he is what the hell does he do with his time now?

Dutch rudder, perhaps?

I don't actually know, of course.

I thought Big TKs forearms were looking atrophied in the last photo I saw of him.

W****r
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the takeover is a smokescreen and the fans are being played, whilst flogging the family silver.

Could be the dugout and floodlights next....
  • Options

I think the takeover is a smokescreen and the fans are being played, whilst flogging the family silver.

Could be the dugout and floodlights next....

Maybe they should get some new goal nets. My attention to the fact that the club is a shambles is usually distracted when we announce new netting. P'raps octagonal this time.
  • Options
    masicat said:

New Charlton Chairman has to be Keith Peacock.

Nah let the bloke enjoy his retirement, he’s earnt it
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Can you rewrite that post, but this time about Rubbershoe?

Ha! I was going to say something similar but you said it better, but now I've said something anyway. What a world.
  • Options
    I'd love to see a Karel Fraeye manager, Les Reed as his number 2 with Ian Dowie as director of football
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd love to see a Karel Fraeye manager, Les Reed as his number 2 with Ian Dowie as director of football

Les Reed was/is a top football man who was doing a good job for us until he was persuaded to become manager
    Yep, not a manager, but a decent man and a football expert.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Rothko said:

KR been hung out to dry on this, he's having to field every question on the takeover, and the state of the club, no wonder the frustrations boil over.

I'm a fan of KR, think he's the spark the club needs, and to still be in contention for the play offs, with the limits imposed has impressed me from afar

Should the unthinkable happen and we get promoted he’ll have automatic semi-legend status at The Valley, love him or hate him. It would have been achieved against all odds.

Pretty unlikely to happen though, I suppose.
    I know that every club likes to acknowledge its history, but do we really go so far as to award legendary status for individuals' semis???
  • Options
    Gobby's new found passion for RM is all about transfer funding. Best's recruitment was enabled by RM. It's now a matter of record that the septicgenarian liar won't be paying any fees for new arrivals. We can reasonably assume that at least one more player sale will be completed shortly and those funds will also be absorbed by the holding company. KR's blowing smoke up RM to fluff up the chances he'll have any new faces around this month, or get to keep most of the ones he recognises for that matter.
    If I were KR, and my options were so limited, I'd be chatting up Lee Bowyer and asking him to sign a registration, cos LB has gotta be a better bet for the last 10-15 minutes of fixtures, than norsing up the rest of Sols's and JFC's seasons by compounding their injuries. I wonder when an amateur last played in the 3rd division? Anybody?
  • Options

Curb_It said:

HarryLime said:

Out of interest and I may have well missed it, but is Rubashow still with us? And if he is what the hell does he do with his time now?

Yes, still Head of Communications

Writing biogs of all the new potential owners must take him ages.

Have met a few times and he seems alright and people who've worked with him vouch for him.
    He’s a very nice guy, the vitriol thrown at him on this board etc I find bizarre and quite humourous frankly. That’s all else I’ll really say on him for now.
    How can you find it bizarre when he was heavily involved in some of our fans being taken to court? Or were you not aware of that?

This. And the whole role of Pitch (which he headed up) in waging a PR war against the fans. He was actively involved in coming up with ideas to make the fans appear like hooligans/unwilling to compromise.

Including things like the message from KM half heartedly offering to meet CARD but leaking it to the press immediately. Also things like KM wining and dining journalists in return for a positive story.

Making the jump from consultant to employee for me means he gets no allowances. He knew what the situation was like and what the job involved. He chose to come on board knowing that he was fighting a 'war' against the fans. His role would have alao seen him agreeing to various statements from KM calling the fans racist/sexist or other such bullshit or her declaring war.

The man gets nothing from me. I'm sure he's a nice person but just doing his job doesn't cut it this time. Should go as part of the clearout along with the tea boy.
    Unless you're living under a repressive régime that will punish you for dissent, 'just doing his job' should never be an excuse.
  • Options

Gobby's new found passion for RM is all about transfer funding. Best's recruitment was enabled by RM. It's now a matter of record that the septicgenarian liar won't be paying any fees for new arrivals. We can reasonably assume that at least one more player sale will be completed shortly and those funds will also be absorbed by the holding company. KR's blowing smoke up RM to fluff up the chances he'll have any new faces around this month, or get to keep most of the ones he recognises for that matter.
    If I were KR, and my options were so limited, I'd be chatting up Lee Bowyer and asking him to sign a registration, cos LB has gotta be a better bet for the last 10-15 minutes of fixtures, than norsing up the rest of Sols's and JFC's seasons by compounding their injuries. I wonder when an amateur last played in the 3rd division? Anybody?

New word of the month, up there with cockwomble.
  • Options
    Brunello said:

I’m pretty confused. We are still hearing from trusted sources that there remain several parties interested in buying the club.

Rumour that it could go through as early as this coming weekend and some sort of announcement by the club midweek.

I can’t help thinking that we are still some way off any conclusion. Surely if one party were that close the others would have dropped out.

My guess is that if the club announce anything it’s just going to be that talks are ongoing and that’s it. It’s either done or it isn’t.

Again a guess but I think we are still weeks away.

I don't believe we have ever been close and I certainly don't think we are anywhere near. Those who think a takeover is imminent are way off the mark in my opinion. I will be as happy as the next man to be proved wrong though.

And that is the answer that sums up the current situation at present. Murray won't say anymore than he already as of yesterday, whilst the owner will continue to take any offers for any of the first team.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Goebbels was also a nice guy and highly regarded in fascist PR circles.

It was just his boss who was the problem.

Really comparing Karl Robinson to Goebbels? That is well beyond ridiculous.

The truth is Karl has done surprisingly well in spite of obvious hurdles (and a very stubborn 4,2,3,1 shaped formation)

He has always tried to say what he thinks the fans and owner want to hear. This obviously alienates one or the other. Up til recently he has supported the bosses decisions based on the promise he'd be financed in January.

The removal of any funds has been the straw that broke the camels back and he has snapped. He is now trying to get fans on side so that he can continue his role under new leadership.

I don't think I can begrudge him for that.

If he is sacked under new ownership, so be it. If he is kept on, so be it.

Out of all of the Duchatelet managers/coaches he's been the best.

Jose Riga 11 Mar, 2014 27 May, 2014 (43.75% win%)
    Bob Peeters 27 May, 2014 12 Jan, 2015 (25%)
    Damian Matthew 13 Jan, 2015 22 Jan, 2015 (0% - Watford 5-0)
    Guy Luzon 22 Jan, 2015 24 Oct, 2015 (33.3%)
    Karel Fraeye 25 Oct, 2015 13 Jan, 2016 (14.2%)
    Jose Riga 14 Jan, 2016 06 Jun, 2016 (25%)
    Russell Slade 06 Jun, 2016 13 Nov, 2016 (23.8%)
    Kevin Nugent 13 Nov, 2016 24 Nov, 2016 (66.7%)
    Karl Robinson 24 Nov, 2016 Present (38.5%)
    Powell January 2011 - March 2014 (40.99%)
    Parkinson November 2008 - January 2011 (38.6%)
    Pardew Dec 06 - Nov 08 (31.1%)
    Les Reed Nov 06 - Dec 06 (12.5%)
    Dowie May 06 - Nov06 (26.6%)
    Curbs July 91 - May 06 (38.1%)

So barring Riga's first stint, KR is the best manager we've had Since RD came in based purely on win% over 5 or more games.

Astoundingly he's in the top 5 since Curbs!

1. Riga 43.75% off 16 games (Stint 1 using Powell's players plus Reza... :confused:)
    2. 1. Powell 40.99% off 161 games (Super Chrissy P!)
    3. 2. Phil Parkinson 38.6% off 114 games
    4. 3. Karl Robinson 38.5% off 66 games
    5. 4. Curbs. 38.1% off 720 games
    1. 5. Riga His average is 33.3% off 36 games moving him to 5th and everyone else up 1.

We all know that Curbs was the best, Powell was realistically 2nd best and Riga, Parky and Robinson don't come close to them, but statistically it's a comparison and well really I don't know what I am saying anymore... this post took ages...

Cheers
    A lot depends on which league you're in at the time.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    JamesSeed said:

As well as the quality of squad you inherit, and the backing by the owner to improve it. On that basis you could argue KR has the best record. The only managers on that list above him inherited or were backed to build better squads. Curbs over a long period, Powell with the Jenkinson money and Riga inherited Powell's squad.

KR inherited a poor and small squad and has been given barely enough to stand still by RD, so has to be commended for keeping us competitive. You have to wonder what he could achieve if given proper backing and the chance to build a squad that isn't stretched to breaking point before we even put the Christmas decorations up.

• Options
    I hope I am putting the pieces together incorrectly, but I suspect that possibly Roland told Meire that as he has decided to sell the club, he is not willing to put any more money into it. Given that she has given assurances to various people and the realisation that this would damage her reputation and make her look even more of an idiot, she jumped ship. Unfortunately us as fans cannot jump ship and support another team! Anyway, Duchatelet is not going to spend any money on a new CEO and still wants more money than any of the interested parties are willing to pay.

I hope I am wrong, but I have been protesting because I am convinc

JamesSeed said:

As well as the quality of squad you inherit, and the backing by the owner to improve it. On that basis you could argue KR has the best record. The only managers on that list above him inherited or were backed to build better squads. Curbs or a long period, Powell with the Jenkinson money and Riga inherited Powell's squad.

KR inherited a poor and small squad and has been given barely enough to stand still by RD, so has to be commended for keeping us competitive. You have to wonder what he could achieve if given proper backing and the chance to build a squad that isn't stretched to breaking part before we even put the Christmas decorations up.

I agree -there are no guarantees, but I'd like to see what he can do with a bit of backing.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I think you are agreeing with my waffle.

I have to say Powell did a really good job, but built an entire team. Even he failed to continue to build the club up without funds.