Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options

http://www.worldsnooker.com/crucible-named-list-top-sporting-venues/

The Crucible has been named in top 10 English Sporting Venues(my dream to go there 1 day)

Have you been? I have never, my mates go normally just never got round to it. Done a couple of others like Welsh open when in Newport.
    No, hence why I said my dream is to go there,

Would love to go there on final day
  • Options

The Crucible has been named in top 10 English Sporting Venues(my dream to go there 1 day)

Have you been? I have never, my mates go normally just never got round to it. Done a couple of others like Welsh open when in Newport.

With Ronnie lifting the trophy ideally :) Same i have wanted to go, suprised i haven't been to be honest.
  • Options

With Ronnie lifting the trophy ideally :) Same i have wanted to go, suprised i haven't been to be honest.
    I stand by what i said 2 years ago
    Ronnie wil not win another World Championship(unless its the seniors)
  • Options

I am hoping he proves you wrong, i did think you included the UK in this too?i could be incorrect.

On this seasons form he is the one to beat still but again whether he can sustain it for the big one. Needs to do it sooner rather than later, definitely the fave this year, Selby hasn't really fired yet. Trump seems to fail whenever you expect him to do well, Higgins similar boat as Ronnie but prob just as much chance. Alot of tough players now to beat though so will be a good one.
  • Options

I am hoping he proves you wrong, i did think you included the UK in this too?i could be incorrect.

On this seasons form he is the one to beat still but again whether he can sustain it for the big one. Needs to do it sooner rather than later, definitely the fave this year, Selby hasn't really fired yet. Trump seems to fail whenever you expect him to do well, Higgins similar boat as Ronnie but prob just as much chance. Alot of tough players now to beat though so will be a good one.
    A few months ago I did say he wouldnt win the uks either but also said because of the shorter format now i might be wrong(obviously i was)

But with the worlds, when he lost to Hawkins in 2016 i said he wouldnt win another 1,
    People are still saying he could beat Hendry's record as he is only 2 behind, I think its more likely that Selby will overtake Ronnie(Selby on 3 so 2 behind ronnie)
  • Options

A few months ago I did say he wouldnt win the uks either but also said because of the shorter format now i might be wrong(obviously i was)

But with the worlds, when he lost to Hawkins in 2016 i said he wouldnt win another 1,
    People are still saying he could beat Hendry's record as he is only 2 behind, I think its more likely that Selby will overtake Ronnie(Selby on 3 so 2 behind ronnie)

Thanks i did half remember you including the UK, but again agreed as its not as long a format as it used to be so it probably doesn't suprise you.

I do live in hope he proves you wrong, as i am a Ronnie fan that is all. I don't personally think he will get to 7, but its not impossible and still half a chance to get 1 more. Selby might suffer from more quality around these days and alot more potential winners of all tournaments so might be harder to dominate as he has done recently. Selby deserves alot more credit than he gets and still the man to beat :)

• Options

Thanks i did half remember you including the UK, but again agreed as its not as long a format as it used to be so it probably doesn't suprise you.

I do live in hope he proves you wrong, as i am a Ronnie fan that is all. I don't personally think he will get to 7, but its not impossible and still half a chance to get 1 more. Selby might suffer from more quality around these days and alot more potential winners of all tournaments so might be harder to dominate as he has done recently. Selby deserves alot more credit than he gets and still the man to beat :)

Agree with your last comment(and not just because i am a massive Selby fan)

He has won 3 of the last 4 worlds
    1 behind John Higgins
    2 behind Ronnie
  • Options
    Championship league
    Group 4
    Day 1 results and current table
    Mark Allen pulled out so 6 players remain and all other players get 1 point

Shaun Murphy 3-1 Liang Wenbo
    Judd Trump 3-0 Ali Carter
    Shaun Murphy 3-2 Tom Ford
    Barry Hawkins 3-0 Ali Carter
    Judd Trump 3-0 Liang Wenbo
    Judd Trump 3-0 Shaun Murphy
    Barry Hawkins 3-1 Tom Ford
    Liang Wenbo 3-2 Ali Carter
    Judd Trump 3-1 Tom Ford

Current Table
    1-Judd Trump (5 points)(only conceded 1 frame)
    2-Barry Hawkins (3 Points)
    3-Shaun Murphy (3 Points)
    4-Liang Wenbo (2 Points)
    5-Tom Ford (1 point)(point be default)
    6-Ali Carter(1 Point) (point by default)

Trump wil be in the final 4
    Ford v Carter at 12 tomorrow could be crucial for who defaults into group 5 and who leaves altogether
  • Options
    Championship league
    Group 4
    Day 2 results and Final table

Liang Wenbo 3-1 Barry Hawkins
    Ali Carter 3-1 Shaun Murphy
    Ali Carter 3-0 Tom Ford
    Tom Ford 3-0 Liang Wenbo
    Barry Hawkins 3-2 Shaun Murphy
    Barry Hawkins 3-1 Judd Trump

Final Table

1-Judd Trump (5 Points)
    2-Barry Hawkins (5 Points)
    3- Shaun Murphy (3 Points)
    4- Ali Carter (3 Points)
    5- Liang Wenbo (3 Points)
    6- Tom Ford (2 Points)

So Trump v Carter and Hawkins v Murphy in semi finals
    Wenbo joins group 5 and Tom Ford heads home.

Group 4 Semi Finals

Shaun Murphy 3-2 Barry Hawkins
    Ali Carter 3-0 Judd Trump

Group 4 Final

Ali Carter 3-1 Shaun Murphy

So Ali Carter Joins the winners group whilst Murphy, Hawkins and Trump join group 5
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Group 5 will start on January 23rd

Next up is Sunday and 13.00 at the start of The Masters

Mark Selby v Mark Williams

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 hour until the 2018 Masters gets underway

Come on Selby
  • Options
    And Mark Williams has got us underway in the 2018 Dafabet Masters

Been looking forward to this for weeks now
  • Options
    1 frame
    1 re-rack
  • Options
    Brilliant start from Williams a centuary break in the opening frame.

Could be a great tournament.
  • Options
    Selby will be a bit annoyed.
    Dont think he heard the ref say touching ball before he agreed to the re-rack, if he had done he would not have agreed to it
  • Options
    Bit of comedy here
    All the crowd laughing,
    Both players and referee.

Williams hit and hope after 3 minutes thinking time 5 reds moved but he hit black first, selby asked the ref to put balls back, whilst the ref was doing this williams hid the white

Great that at the Masters with the score at 4-3
  • Options
    What an opening match

Williams 2-0 up
    Selby 5-3 up
    At 5-3 up Selby had a horrible kick to win 6-3
    Williams pulled it back to 5-5
    Selby missed a red along the cushion
    Williams potted the last red and the colours to win
  • Options
    The Masters 2018.
    Round 1
    Mark Williams 6-5 Mark Selby
  • Options
    Dennis Taylor forgot who he was introducing tonight, hlad the darts has finished means Rob Walker returns tomorrow

• Options
    The Masters 2018
    Round 1
    Mark Allen 6-3 Luca Brecel

First 4 frames the match was tight but Allen was to strong for Brecel(on his masters debut)
    and advances to the Quarter final
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ding Junhui v Ryan Day has just begun
    Ryan Day's first apperance at The Masters since 2010
  • Options
    Forgot to update earlier
    Ryan Day 6-4 Ding Jungui

Judd Trump v Liang Wenbo now
  • Options
    8 Reds
    8 Black
    For Liang Wenbo
    Already had a 147 this season is another coming
  • Options
    10 Reds
    10 Blacks

Its live on BBC red button
  • Options
    Got a kick on the 11th red and missed
  • Options
    The Masters 2018
    Round 1

Ryan Day 6-4 Ding Junhi
    Judd Trump 6-4 Liang Wenbo

So Allen, Day, Trump and Williams all through and are just waiting to see who they are playing in the quarter finals
  • Options
    Can't believe Day won that - he was 3-0 down this afternoon!
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Can't believe Day won that - he was 3-0 down this afternoon!

Reminds me of yesterday's game. I watched Selby vs Williams until Selby was 5-3 up & something like 50 points up & in amongst them. I had to go out at that point & thought no more about it. Found out this morning that Williams won 6-5!
  • Options
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v Marco Fu first up.

Bit of a sad attmosphere and not much cheering at first as it was announced 1 of the table fitters who was 25 and had been working with World Snooker for 6 years has died
  • Options
    Ronnie 4-0 up against Fu, three centuries in the first four frames of his first match. Some player.