Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I'm desperately trying to remember a film title

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
of a film where the story runs backwards and the main character tattoos himself with messages to help him remember stuff.
Sounds weird I know but a brilliant movie. Anyone out there seen it and can remember the title?

Comments

• Memento
  • do you mean 'memento'?
  • Thats the one, thank you
  • had the bloke from neighbours in it, guy pierce.
  • Wan't Guy Pierce the lead in that?
  • Toadie?
  • Bugger beaten to it.

No Guy Pierce was way before Toadie, he was also in that transvestite thing and the brilliant LA Confidential
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwFzGrO7-ow

check the mullets!! guy is the one in the 'pink' vest...
  • Great film Memento. Remember watching that for the first time whilst on a very alchol fueled holiday and being quite happy that I hadn't had a drink within the last hour. Guy Pierce is lovely but not with a mullet.

Was also the lead guy in the remake of Time Machine. Preferred the orginal though.
  • great film, did it launch his career? Is he the only ozzie soap star to jump the gap so to speak, agree about Time machine..
  • Sponsored links:

• He was also excellent as Edmond Dantez in LA Confidential. At least I think that was the characters name.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]great film, did it launch his career? Is he the only ozzie soap star to jump the gap so to speak, agree about Time machine..
    What about Jim Robinson?

He is massive in the US!
  • edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]He was also excellent as Edmond Dantez in LA Confidential. At least I think that was the characters name.
    LOL Chunes - that's the worst effort I've ever seen at remembering a character's name! :o)

You're thinking of Edmund Exley - and he was indeed awesome in that role - as was pretty much all the cast. Anyone else think the Police Captain (Dudley Smith) in that film looks like Edwin van der Sar?

BTW -another Australian soap actor who has made a reasonable career in the US is Melissa George - she's been in quite a few American TV shows
  • Chunes, Edmond Dantez was The Count of Monte Cristo. Guy Pearce is in that, but Dantez is played by Jim Caveziel. The character in LA Confidential is Edmund Exley.
  • Jim - yes been in Lost and last Raiders film I think not as big as Guy though (no lead role), of course Kiley has made it big in other ways, not sure you could call her a hollywood star though
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Chunes, Edmond Dantez was The Count of Monte Cristo. Guy Pearce is in that, but Dantez is played by Jim Caveziel. The character in LA Confidential is Edmund Exley.

Haha, I picked that up in WH Smiths the other day so that would explain that.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Jim - yes been in Lost and last Raiders film I think not as big as Guy though (no lead role), of course Kiley has made it big in other ways, not sure you could call her a hollywood star though

Both Russell Crowe and Hugh Jackman started their professional lives as characters in Aussie soaps. I think Crowe was actually in Neighbours but could be wrong. Jackman was in a domestic soap which as far as I know has never been exported.

Geoffrey Rush, the single best actor to ever have come out of Australia, fortunately was not.
  • * Russell Crowe played Kenny Larkin in several episodes in 1987.

* Hugh Jackman was signed and about to start when he got accepted into WAAPA (the prestigious Western Australia Academy of Performing Arts) so the programme let him go.

http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/tag/neighbours/

I google that.
  • I bow before your superior soap knowledge and Googling ability :)
  • the latter only can I take credit for.
  • Sponsored links:

• And I've been told that the DVD extras of 'Memento' has the film shown the opposite way round ie beginning to end? if that makes sense?
  • edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: raddickle[/cite]And I've been told that the DVD extras of 'Memento' has the film shown the opposite way round ie beginning to end? if that makes sense?

About as much sense as the rest of this thread!

So, let me see if I've got this right. When Russell Crowe was in Home And Away he had "Guy Pearce" tattooed on his arm - backward - so that when he went back in his time machine to LA he would remember the name of the mullet haircut he was supposed to be having for his drag act. Or have I got that wrong?
  • makes as much sense as your usual postings

;) :P :)

(joke/no offence intended m'lud)
  • Was Geoffrey Rush the fella out of the remake of House on Haunted Hill and Captain Barbosa from Pirates of the Caribbean? If so totally stole the show in the last one.

How about, how many of them went on to have failed singing careers other than Kylie and Natalie Imbruglia? Personally think she was the most talented out of all of them and where did she disappear too?

What was the fellas name Kyle something or other.
  • plain Jane remember her, I get her and beth (Natalie I) mixed up... don't think she had singing career though
  • Craig McLachlan (he was kylie's brother Henry Ramsey in neighbours)

"HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY MONA, OOOOOOOOOOOOH MONA"

and that fella with the dark eyebrows who was in neighbours then flying doctors. He was in Queer as Folk. Shane?
  • Stefan Dennis - his career went so bad he had to go back in the soap 10 years later to buy Lassiters again!
  • Holly Valance.

Kiss Kiss.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Stefan Dennis - his career went so bad he had to go back in the soap 10 years later to buy Lassiters again!

And he's only got one leg.

I think it was woodworm.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trfYjucLGj0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ZW_uTlhEQ

Classics