Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time To Protest Again?

Comments

• Yeah it’s a certain we should protest. We don’t get a mention in the press about what’s going on at the moment! Protest more than ever before. Let us be heard
  • edited January 2018

I don't see protests at the Valley being effective. Murray is acting CEO ? So what, key decisions will be taken in Belgium including sale of players.

We should look to embarrass him in his home town, in front of his business friends.

We can do both. We can also get media coverage in Belgium with protests at The Valley, where it is more practical to demonstrate numbers at short notice.
    Would be good to see a decent turnout for a protest match, so maybe people who still want to boycott could suspend for one match?

Boycotting always seem like a long-term strategy, whereas we have short-term need right now.
  • Hopefully we'll be celebrating the arrival of new owners by the next home game (Walsall).
  • Ferryman said:

Hopefully we'll be celebrating the arrival of new owners by the next home game (Walsall).

Is that based on KR's comment this morning or do you have any other info @Ferryman?
  • Intriguing first comment, btw!
  • Based from a friend who was among those to speak to Karl this morning. Nothing more other than Karl, JJ & Bow are in the dark.
  • There's was me hoping you were connected to our knight in shining armour!
  • Redskin said:

JamesSeed said:

And how can people inside the club aid Roland’s selling of our best players. Shame on them. ‘I was just doing my job’ just doesn’t wash it any more.

These people aiding RD's selling of our best players: what are their jobs exactly?

@James Seed

This is a genuine question: who are these 'people' ?
  • Whoever's in there. RM is acting CEO, so he's handling the sale of players I imagine? Perhaps there might be a swap for Carruthers, who knows. There's no communications from The Valley.
    I guess if RM is 'owed' £7m he's unlikely to want to rock the boat. Perhaps he's been promised his money back?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think 'I was just doing my job' is a very justified argument. Who in their right mind would give up their source of income, heavily impacting themselves and family? And obviously anyone on Charlton Life knows its not just a football club. But in such a circumstance I would see it that way. Just being a member of this site shows how much Charlton means to all of us, but does it mean more to them than their wellbeing and family?

Hate this argument being used again and again.

Sure, everyone needs to earn a living, but there comes a point where 'I was just doing my job' is no longer tenable. The point where you start to think, I'm being asked to do some shitty things here, should be the point at which most reasonable people let their morals kick in and start to question what they are doing. Now, I do not know who exactly is doing what at the club so I am reluctant to point the finger at any individuals, but it does seem to me that there must be some people doing some pretty shitty things; things that they know will cause long term damage to the club. If they don't have the insight or the morals to take a long good look at themselves and step away from their own harmful actions, I don't think there's anything wrong with other people giving them a nudge. Granted things are not as economically comfortable as they were eleven years ago, but we are not living in such desperate times that people need to pursue the immoral just to survive. If some are selfishly putting their own self interests over and above that of the club, then those of us that care are well within our rights to criticise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
  • edited January 2018
    Public wedgie?
  • JamesSeed said:

Whoever's in there. RM is acting CEO, so he's handling the sale of players I imagine? Perhaps there might be a swap for Carruthers, who knows. There's no communications from The Valley.
    I guess if RM is 'owed' £7m he's unlikely to want to rock the boat. Perhaps he's been promised his money back?

Ah, Murray...
  • Protest to whom? Daisy gone, no chance of Roland attending next week's match. Accept it -all that's going on now is beyond our control or influence. Just keep calm and PRAY for deliverance and for benign owners.
  • se9addick said:

I think Belgium is the place and we need a coherent message which resonates with local people. Personally I am thinking something on the lines of "he did it to Standard, now he is doing it to us; he brings Belgium into disrepute."

Exactly. I believe ROT have this in hand. Time to get behind them in numbers.
    When are these local elections in Belgium? Might not be much left by then !
    Isn't it October? It'll be too late by then...
  • Sponsored links:

• 100% after what Robbo.said about Carruthers, we need to act, Roland needs to know he cant get away with this
  • 100% after what Robbo.said about Carruthers, we need to act, Roland needs to know he cant get away with this

The unfortunate part about it Paulie is that he can do what he likes, and no one can do anything about it.
  • JamesSeed said:

Whoever's in there. RM is acting CEO, so he's handling the sale of players I imagine? Perhaps there might be a swap for Carruthers, who knows. There's no communications from The Valley.

Murray is owed £2.6M.
  • JamesSeed said:

I don't see protests at the Valley being effective. Murray is acting CEO ? So what, key decisions will be taken in Belgium including sale of players.

We should look to embarrass him in his home town, in front of his business friends.

We can do both. We can also get media coverage in Belgium with protests at The Valley, where it is more practical to demonstrate numbers at short notice.
    Would be good to see a decent turnout for a protest match, so maybe people who still want to boycott could suspend for one match?

Boycotting always seem like a long-term strategy, whereas we have short-term need right now.
    We didn't get a decent turn out for PC Palmer so I'm not sure you'd get a decent turnout for your proposal.
  • Stig said:

I think 'I was just doing my job' is a very justified argument. Who in their right mind would give up their source of income, heavily impacting themselves and family? And obviously anyone on Charlton Life knows its not just a football club. But in such a circumstance I would see it that way. Just being a member of this site shows how much Charlton means to all of us, but does it mean more to them than their wellbeing and family?

Hate this argument being used again and again.

Sure, everyone needs to earn a living, but there comes a point where 'I was just doing my job' is no longer tenable. The point where you start to think, I'm being asked to do some shitty things here, should be the point at which most reasonable people let their morals kick in and start to question what they are doing. Now, I do not know who exactly is doing what at the club so I am reluctant to point the finger at any individuals, but it does seem to me that there must be some people doing some pretty shitty things; things that they know will cause long term damage to the club. If they don't have the insight or the morals to take a long good look at themselves and step away from their own harmful actions, I don't think there's anything wrong with other people giving them a nudge. Granted things are not as economically comfortable as they were eleven years ago, but we are not living in such desperate times that people need to pursue the immoral just to survive. If some are selfishly putting their own self interests over and above that of the club, then those of us that care are well within our rights to criticise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
    At a time of high real unemployment, you are expecting people to give up their income and the ability to pay mortgages. Some of the people within the club are of an age where it will be difficult for them to get another job and they would not leave the club with a redundancy payment or a reference. It's working for a football club not the SS as much as we dislike what RD is doing as his sign off, directing your anger at employees of the club is totally wrong. Focus on Murray and RD, not people who are just trying to earn a living.
  • Can anything be done for Saturday.
    Not talking about going but a protest outside the ground, i know KM is gone, but if we can get anyone there from Newshopper, metro, sky sports news, if we can get this around over the next week, get some cameras outside, so its known,
    we havent gone away
    We want Roland to sell
    We aint gonna stand around whilst are players leave and get no replacements and do nothing
  • In the midst of any protests, I'd like to see us find a way to show some support for Robinson and the lads. Them being on our side against the owner, which seems to be the situation now, has to be a good thing.
  • An in match protest outside the ground perhaps?

How the f*** does that work?!
  • An in match protest outside the ground perhaps?

How the f*** does that work?!
    Throwing plastic pigs over the roof of The West Stand......can be done I’m told.
  • HarryLime said:

Re: ++++ Official manager rumours thread! ++++ (ed. Slade confirmed)
    StewieGriffinSE7
    StewieGriffinSE7
    June 2016
    My other half has been friends with Nathan Jones since his playing days at Southend. He loves CAFC but will not be back whilst these mugs are running the club.
    Flag · 7Like LOL

I Think Stewie just wants to spend the afternoon fishing.

And people say that poor old CLB74 is a wum.