Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jay Rodriguez

Jay Rodriguez has been reported to the FA for apparant racism to Gaetan Bong.

Now I cant say what was said but to me after watching MOTD, Bong got in his face, and Rodriguez held his nose and made the stinky breath hand remark.

Comments

• edited January 2018
  • If he said to the player "you have BO" what has that got to do with racism? ( I haven't seen the incident)
  • Nicholas said:

How is saying he has stinky breath Racism?

Bong is saying he made a racist comment,

To me it looked more like he was saying he had stinky breath, but dont know what was said
  • Sage said:

Hard to tell on the highlights but if he has said anything about B.O then that will be seen as racism and he will be suspended. And rightly so.

Personally don’t like him and of course don’t like Pardew either so anything that hinders them the better in my opinion.

How is he saying he has BO racism ffs. This is why racism is losing its impact, not giving people jobs because of their ethnicity is racist, not letting people sit down on a bus because of their ethnicity is racist, telling someone they smell isn’t racist ffs
  • ‘Your breath pongs Bong’
  • Haven’t seen or read anything about this, but if all Jay Rodriguez did was say that Bong’s breath stinks then that’s ridiculous
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Hard to tell on the highlights but if he has said anything about B.O then that will be seen as racism and he will be suspended. And rightly so.

Personally don’t like him and of course don’t like Pardew either so anything that hinders them the better in my opinion.

Yes because saying or implying someone stinks is racist. What have I just even read

Sage said:

How is he saying he has BO racism ffs. This is why racism is losing its impact, not giving people jobs because of their ethnicity is racist, not letting people sit down on a bus because of their ethnicity is racist, telling someone they smell isn’t racist ffs
    Wow, calm down people... living in the society that we do, this is what things have become. I am not saying I agree with it, just making a point. Nowadays if you say to a black person that they smell of B.O, that will almost certainly be taken as racist because of the general stereotype in modern society that a black person smells of B.O due to their natural pigment sweats more than a white person.

Now you can say I can’t believe what I have read and whatever, and as said I am not saying that I agree with how things are, but I am 100% confident that what I am saying is true, I’ve seen it myself unfortunately.
  • Are you kidding?

If I say someone has B.O it’s cos they stink. Nothing to do with race!
  • I think it is the words said along with the action.

Gaeten Bong tweeted after the game: "Some words should not be said on a football field and specially not by players. Rodriguez words are unforgivable for the man I am."
  • Dazzler21 said:

Are you kidding?

If I say someone has B.O it’s cos they stink. Nothing to do with race!

Unfortunately not. I agree that if someone says someone smells, they say it because they smell. However, as said I have seen many times that it gets taken in a racist, stereotype way and that is how things are becoming.

I repeat, I am only making a point of that it does happen, not that it should be taken in that way, but it does now, more than you think.
  • Sage said:

Sage said:

Yes because saying or implying someone stinks is racist. What have I just even read

Sage said:

Wow, calm down people... living in the society that we do, this is what things have become. I am not saying I agree with it, just making a point. Nowadays if you say to a black person that they smell of B.O, that will almost certainly be taken as racist because of the general stereotype in modern society that a black person smells of B.O due to their natural pigment sweats more than a white person.

Now you can say I can’t believe what I have read and whatever, and as said I am not saying that I agree with how things are, but I am 100% confident that what I am saying is true, I’ve seen it myself unfortunately.
    You said rightly so, so you agree. Shouldn’t have to just sit back and accept that that’s how the world is becoming in my opinion as it’s ridiculous.
  • Sage said:

Sage said:

Sage said:

You said rightly so, so you agree. Shouldn’t have to just sit back and accept that that’s how the world is becoming in my opinion as it’s ridiculous.
    No you shouldn’t have to just sit back and accept, but when you see it first hand on a regular basis and have ethnic minority friends who have been subject to such claims and how they feel towards it, you can see how it is becoming in society. In my opinion, it’s the same as someone saying that an Asian person smells of strong Indian or whatever, the likelihood is they’re going to take it offensively, and that is the point I am making.
  • MrOneLung said:

I think it is the words said along with the action.

Gaeten Bong tweeted after the game: "Some words should not be said on a football field and specially not by players. Rodriguez words are unforgivable for the man I am."

What is that meant to mean ? You couldn’t get more vague.
  • No idea but it indicates it is not the nose holding that is the issue.
  • Did anyone see Rodriguez's face when bong said Racism to the referee, he genuinely looked shocked.

He either is a fantastic actor, or he never said anything racist IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Sage said:

Sage said:

FFS!!!!
  • Political correctness gone mad again, personally there is no case to answer if there are no witnesses to what has been said. One mans word against another.
  • edited January 2018

Haven’t seen or read anything about this, but if all Jay Rodriguez did was say that Bong’s breath stinks then that’s ridiculous

But we dont know thats what has been said its speculation of someone on a charlton message board, so the "its pc gome mad, or racism is stupid" can step down till thats what has been said and JR is sanctioned!
  • Sage said:

Sage said:

Sage said:

This is an odd post.
  • edited January 2018
  • Did anyone see Rodriguez's face when bong said Racism to the referee, he genuinely looked shocked.

He either is a fantastic actor, or he never said anything racist IMO

bobmunro said:

Yes, it’s one of those two.

Not necessarily. Many people say things that are offensively racist without realising it and usually without any malicious intent. I know I did fifty years ago and so did most of my generation. I have since been enlightened, as most of us have these days.
  • SDAddick said:

What if, hang with me here, he made a gesture about Bong smelling bad....wait for it...and said something racist...at the same time.

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!

That would obviously be totally unacceptable.

It's not what people are suggesting though, or why people are so - quite rightly - put out by what Sage said.

No way is telling someone they stink racist on it's own.