Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Just confirms what an utter cnut he is.
    He will continue to poison us right up until he sells.
    Would be great if Sheff U said the player plus cash deal was the only one on the table and Holmes refuses to go anywhere other than there - a nice little middle finger to RD from the footballing community. Won't hold my breath.
  • No surprise there. Arsehole.
  • Just watched Stephen O'Flynn of Ballinamallard in a Northern Ireland prem game narrowly miss the target. I think our Mags must be his mentor. Sign him up!
  • edited January 2018
    cafc4life said:

Pigott allowed to have talks with an unnamed league 1 club from Maidstone. Wonder if it's Gillingham or AFC Wimbledon

Good luck to him, think he will have a decent enough football career. Hope this works out.

• cafc4life said:

Pigott allowed to have talks with an unnamed league 1 club from Maidstone. Wonder if it's Gillingham or AFC Wimbledon

Good luck to him, think he will have a decent enough football career. Hope this works out.
    So with the eleven players that you mentioned, yes it looks like a good team but which alternative formation would you play with those players, especially as we don’t have Holmes any more.

Also if things are not going to plan how would you change it exactly? No plan B is what I’m reading a lot on here so what would be yours with no other players on the bench.

Also two wins in the last two league games under these circumstances at least deserves some praise surely? Therefore how can you say that the players are unmotivated?
  • JamesSeed said:

RedChaser said:

Wigan Athletic have signed striker James Vaughan from Championship strugglers Sunderland for an undisclosed fee on an 18-month deal.

Sunderland will be in League One next year, League Two the year after than and Administration by then end of 2020. They are in freefall. Short spent £1.5M total on 11 new players this year, LOL, they have no one left valuable to sell, are losing £33M per year and the debt of the club is £137M.
    My brain hurts
    Probably lost on Naps but 'Howay (ha'way) The Lads'! :wink:
    Sunderland is Ha'way the lads. Newcastle is Ho'way the lads.
    What do you know? It's not like any of your family were from up there...oh wait :wink:

• We're being linked with Swansea City defender Àngel Rangel on a one year deal.
    Don't know how reliable this is, i saw it on twitter.
  • Swansea legend but 35 year old right back

Sounds about right in the current climate
  • We're being linked with Swansea City defender Àngel Rangel on a one year deal.

Let's hope he can play upfront. Seems a pointless signing when Solly, Konsa and Dijksteel can all play at right back.

Let's hope he can play upfront. Seems a pointless signing when Solly, Konsa and Dijksteel can all play at right back.
    Solly can't until he's fit and Konsa won't be able to if he's sold...
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

We're being linked with Swansea City defender Àngel Rangel on a one year deal.

Solly can't until he's fit and Konsa won't be able to if he's sold...
    Konsa can, Robbo wants a loan back on any deal.

He obviously won't be going straight into the first team in the Prem so no reason why this could not be achieved - if Rolly has buggered off.
  • edited January 2018
    I can’t imagine why. Two relegations in succession wouldn’t look good for anyone’s CV.

I can see Ajose being paid off at the end of the season. Karl doesn’t want him and I don’t think anyone aiming to get promoted would want him in the squad.
  • Just what we need now. A striker who does not score goals.

If it does happen it will be on the last day of the window as we could not get anyone else in.
  • Who is the most desperate Charlton or Ajose ?

Probably rubbish but KR likes a senior pro at the end of his career, he brought in people like Alan Smith whilst at MK.
  • I can’t imagine why. Two relegations in succession wouldn’t look good for anyone’s CV.

I can see Ajose being paid off at the end of the season. Karl doesn’t want him and I don’t think anyone aiming to get promoted would want him in the squad.
    If anyone has seen the Valley Pass interview with Robinson pre the Bury game they will know exactly what he thinks of Ajose. The facial expressions say it all.

He aint coming back this season.
  • I really liked Rangel and if he’s fit I think he’d be a good addition but fitness is the key. Was great for the fantasy football team back in the day!!
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

Probably rubbish but KR likes a senior pro at the end of his career, he brought in people like Alan Smith whilst at MK.
    He has Holmes wages to play with, so possible loan maybe.
    But are you sure the tweet wasn’t from one of those fake agents?
  • edited January 2018
    JamesSeed said:

cfgs said:

I haven't even seen the tweet I was just saying he has done this kind of thing in the past. :)
  • JamesSeed said:

cfgs said:

It was by this guy............

Scott Gallagher
    @SGallagherLDN
    35, football journalist, currently working freelance, tweet transfer news for London teams. Husband, Dad. All views my own

He has 2961 followers and his profile picture looks like Danny Dyer's dad, so yes in my estimation he is one of "those" accounts.
  • edited January 2018
    If Robinson has Holmes wages to play with then definitely has to go for a striker not a right back. Will probably be a loan.
  • edited January 2018
    Call me Karel Fraeye, but I’ve just realised we really, really need a right back.

Solly is often injured and is getting on a bit, Konsa is probably leaving, and Dijksteel isn’t a right back.

Striker, right back, strong aggressive midfielder, in that order, for me.
  • I just don't care anymore, ship the whole lot of them off. Takeover and a fresh
    JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

Just what we need now. A striker who does not score goals.

If it does happen it will be on the last day of the window as we could not get anyone else in.

You know what, there are some excellent strikers around whose only failing is not hitting the net.

He isn’t one of them I’m afraid.
    Leon Best springs to mind, great link up play and a general nuisance. But appears not to be able to hit a barn door!
  • edited January 2018

I can’t imagine why. Two relegations in succession wouldn’t look good for anyone’s CV.

If anyone has seen the Valley Pass interview with Robinson pre the Bury game they will know exactly what he thinks of Ajose. The facial expressions say it all.

He aint coming back this season.
    haven't been following his career at Bury much but if he cant even get into a side who are bottom of the table and just lost to us then I'm not surprised Robinson doesn't want him back.

just seen that Bury's manager Chris Lucketti has been sacked. maybe Ajose will be given another shot under a new manager...